post #1171 of 3327 Old 12-22-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Are you not pleased with your current RS45?

I am very very happy with my RS45 but at my viewing distance, older movies are hard to sit through. I need eShift in my life for the occasional "throwback" movie or horribly encoded movie (like War of the Worlds--i have DVDs that look better than the WotW blu ray).

The Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The System:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3327 Old 12-22-2012, 05:35 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Hi Frank.
The Buttkicker LFE Kit is a piston within a column that is raised and lowered, (shaken), at the signal frequency. It can be attached to the seating several different ways, either directly or by secondarily shaking the seating through a cantilever." http://www.thebuttkicker.com/lfe-kit.php It can also be mounted to a riser to shake the riser and thereby the seating.
The Crowson is a dual, flat plate system mounted underneath frame of the seating, and it shakes the seating directly. http://crowsontech.com/go/crowsontech/3472/en-US/DesktopDefault.aspx In my system the top plate shakes the seating and the bottom plate shakes the riser. The benefit of this arrangement is that you get shaking in your feet as well as shaking in your seat. I find that shaking your body *without* sensing the vibration in your feet is unnatural. Therefore the sensations in your feet provided by the Crowson/riser system have a more natural feel to them. In addition, my experience with the Crowson is that they are "faster" shakers than the piston-type shakers. The have less mass/inertia and therefore they can start and stop a little faster than pistons.
Another excellent and powerful transducer system is the Earthquake Sound Quake 10.0. http://www.earthquakesound.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=292&category_id=118&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=82
It is intended to be mounted to a riser. They even supply plans for building the riser: http://www.earthquakesound.com/pdf_pressreleases/Q10B_platform.pdf The platform is "suspended and the entire platform shakes, correspondingly shaking the seating.
Overall, I really enjoy the added sensory input provided by the tactile transducers. Similar effect can be achieved with powerful subs on a suspended floor, but on a concrete foundation, only tactile transducers can provided this level of tactile input.
Craig

Thank for your reply Craig. I don't think they sell crowson here in Aus, I would like to demo one in action. I made some enquiries yesterday to a few shop and they don't even sell transducers. It's always the way, the home theatre shop here in west Australia are behind the 8 ball. Most of my gear had to be special ordered over East or overseas. frown.gif

Frank

post #1173 of 3327 Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

I am very very happy with my RS45 but at my viewing distance, older movies are hard to sit through. I need eShift in my life for the occasional "throwback" movie or horribly encoded movie (like War of the Worlds--i have DVDs that look better than the WotW blu ray).

Ill be looking thru your trashcan for a rs45 when you get the rs65 lol

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #1174 of 3327 Old 12-22-2012, 06:27 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

After those upgrades, I will have reached a level of satisfaction that will likely last me for quite some time.

Ooh don't know mate, the itchy feet can be unbearable at times. The upgrade bug is something that Doctors and scientists cannot cure. HTA (Home Theatre Anonymous) is a great place to start biggrin.gif

Frank

post #1175 of 3327 Old 12-23-2012, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How large is your room Mr. Beast? I'm considering the submersive, trying to get a feel on how they handle your room. Thanks
post #1176 of 3327 Old 12-23-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:

Lol, no such thing as too much upgrading biggrin.gif
My upgrade list is dwindling now. There are only three components left to upgrade: Speakers (To Legacy Audio Focus/Marquis combo), Amplifier (TBD), and projector (RS56). After those upgrades, I will have reached a level of satisfaction that will likely last me for quite some time.

Come on, you can't fool us. It never stops. The hunger... MUST BE APPEASED!!!

tongue.gif

post #1177 of 3327 Old 12-23-2012, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Lol, no such thing as too much upgrading biggrin.gif
My upgrade list is dwindling now. There are only three components left to upgrade: Speakers (To Legacy Audio Focus/Marquis combo), Amplifier (TBD), and projector (RS56). After those upgrades, I will have reached a level of satisfaction that will likely last me for quite some time.

It will never stop just slows down sometimes or at least that's what I have convinced myself to say lol!!!
post #1178 of 3327 Old 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Matt, speaking of steelbooks from earlier, have you been down to Best Buy lately? They are having a good deal on some steelbooks. 10 bucks each for some good movies. So far this is what I have:

Haha, sorry the ET steelbook is from Target. I just like the way it looks. tongue.gif I'm going back for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and probably 300, Goodfellas, and maybe The Hangover (the cover is hilarious). The LotR trilogy is theatrical only but that's OK with me as I feel the EEs are a bit on the long side. I believe there's some differences with the transfers but I'll probably pick up the EE set eventually anyway and these were too cool to pass up.

post #1179 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ill be looking thru your trashcan for a rs45 when you get the rs65 lol

Lololololol biggrin.gif

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1180 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Ooh don't know mate, the itchy feet can be unbearable at times. The upgrade bug is something that Doctors and scientists cannot cure. HTA (Home Theatre Anonymous) is a great place to start biggrin.gif

You are very correct!!! I need to find my nearest HTA group......and bring a piece of equipment with me to urge us all on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Come on, you can't fool us. It never stops. The hunger... MUST BE APPEASED!!!
tongue.gif

I cannot fool my fellow enthusiasts.....upgrading is like breathing, albeit much much slower. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkingincharge View Post

It will never stop just slows down sometimes or at least that's what I have convinced myself to say lol!!!

Lol riiiight? I've tried to call it quits on upgrades quite a few times...but there's always that one last thing......

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1181 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMEATx View Post

How large is your room Mr. Beast? I'm considering the submersive, trying to get a feel on how they handle your room. Thanks

Greetings! My room is about 18 ft long by 14 feet wide. One SubM could easily crack my walls, but two offer more headroom in future theaters!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1182 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Pcweber.....thank you VERY much for making me aware of that sale.....I'm checking them out tomorrow if they're open! Those are awesome additions to the steelbook collection. Steelbooks rule!!!!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1183 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Matt, I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a happy holidays! Focus on those important to you and remember to watch a movie or two, your system needs love too!

post #1184 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Matt, I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a happy holidays! Focus on those important to you and remember to watch a movie or two, your system needs love too!

Thanks man, I hope you enjoy your Christmas as well smile.gif I'll be sure to pop in a movie or two--or four. lol.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1185 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Finally had some breathing time to click "upload" on this video...

Oppo BDP-105 Unboxing & More (Includes a comparison with the BDP-103)

Merry Christmas to All.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1186 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Nice videos. I do enjoy them.

Sent from my Beans Note 2

post #1187 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

Nice videos. I do enjoy them.
Sent from my Beans Note 2

Thanks Kaotik. That's a pretty serious system you're running (I clicked on your sig link). The measurement charts are impressively flat.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1188 of 3327 Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Matt, speaking of steelbooks from earlier, have you been down to Best Buy lately? They are having a good deal on some steelbooks. 10 bucks each for some good movies. So far this is what I have:

Haha, sorry the ET steelbook is from Target. I just like the way it looks. tongue.gif I'm going back for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and probably 300, Goodfellas, and maybe The Hangover (the cover is hilarious). The LotR trilogy is theatrical only but that's OK with me as I feel the EEs are a bit on the long side. I believe there's some differences with the transfers but I'll probably pick up the EE set eventually anyway and these were too cool to pass up.

Damn those look nice!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #1189 of 3327 Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Damn those look nice!

Right? It's like owning art, that happens to house playable media!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1190 of 3327 Old 12-25-2012, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I wish everyone a merry merry Christmas, and for those who are hosting, I hope you enjoy the dropped jaws of friends and family as you demo your systems after Christmas dinner!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1191 of 3327 Old 12-25-2012, 10:24 AM

Same to you man and you read my mine on the jaw dropping system. The video was great detailing the differences on the oppo's they just make solid units through and through.

There is a integra very possibly in the very near future for me after reading through some of the older posts as I am in need of something else and my readings are steering me that way.
post #1192 of 3327 Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah that 105 is an incredible machine. With all the desire my many for just downloadable media and using their computers as BD drives it's easy to forget what a real, quality BD player looks like. Throw in the excellent audio/video quality and I think if you're serious about a home theater you'd be crazy for just wanting to use a computer for media. Well done Matt, be sure to get some videos up of it in action; I'm definitely looking forward to it! smile.gif

post #1193 of 3327 Old 12-25-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Thought you were considering some Cat 12's for your speaker upgrade.

Merry Christmas!
post #1194 of 3327 Old 12-25-2012, 07:31 PM
CIH USER

Hey Matt did you have a nice Xmas ?

Frank

post #1195 of 3327 Old 12-26-2012, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Same to you man and you read my mine on the jaw dropping system. The video was great detailing the differences on the oppo's they just make solid units through and through.
There is a integra very possibly in the very near future for me after reading through some of the older posts as I am in need of something else and my readings are steering me that way.

What’s up man? Yeah, Oppo is a perpetually reliable name and will likely continue that tradition for quite some time (until some heavy-hitting manufacturer steals all its execs..*gulp* ) Ah, looking at an Integra processor? You won’t be sorry—I guarantee! I see you’re located in MD—I am as well. If you want to demo an Integra before taking the plunge, let me know and you’re welcome to swing by. These processors do everything, and Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 alone is worth the price of admission. The thing is, they have one of the most complete feature sets on the market at any price point, but more importantly, they still manage to sound great!
Quote:

Yeah that 105 is an incredible machine. With all the desire my many for just downloadable media and using their computers as BD drives it's easy to forget what a real, quality BD player looks like. Throw in the excellent audio/video quality and I think if you're serious about a home theater you'd be crazy for just wanting to use a computer for media. Well done Matt, be sure to get some videos up of it in action; I'm definitely looking forward to it! smile.gif

Oh yes indeed! It's essential to have a capable optical disc reader in any serious system. There are too many variables with computers; I do not think they are reliable as a one-source solution (although they are great for augmenting a system with an already capable disc player). I will definitely be shooting a follow-up to the Oppo BDP-105 video in which I cover the user interface, streaming from PCs, setting up the USB DAC, utilizing the MHL HDMI input with the Roku Streaming Stick, and a few other things. I love this 105!
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

Thought you were considering some Cat 12's for your speaker upgrade.
Merry Christmas!

I was considering the Cat-12’s truly, but I’ve decided to invest in more subwoofers from Seaton Sound, but my speakers—after much research—will be Legacy Audio. That Air Motion ribbon-tweeter, it if sounds anything like the other ribbons I’ve heard (I have a demo coming up in the new year), are a must have for me. I’m in contact with a dealer who’s willing to let me Demo them at his house (both the Focus SE and Signature SE models) and I am expecting great things.
To be sure, I will spend that week demoing high-end speakers so I have a good frame of “high end” reference.

How was your first Christmas in the new place?
Quote:

Hey Matt did you have a nice Xmas ?

Hey Frank, my Christmas was indeed quite enjoyable. I got to hang with the lady and hang with family and I got some great gifts. How about you? Did you guys get together with the in laws and have a grand time?

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1196 of 3327 Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi all,

Merry Christmas, Hope you all had a great time and go a lot of nice presents!

Hey those Steelbook look great, my Sherlock Holmes 2 is different thanks the one in the pics above.

Matt,

Really looking forward to see a video on the 105 but above all, your impressions when you'll go out to listen the different speakers you have mentioned.
post #1197 of 3327 Old 12-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:

What’s up man? Yeah, Oppo is a perpetually reliable name and will likely continue that tradition for quite some time (until some heavy-hitting manufacturer steals all its execs..*gulp* ) Ah, looking at an Integra processor? You won’t be sorry—I guarantee! I see you’re located in MD—I am as well. If you want to demo an Integra before taking the plunge, let me know and you’re welcome to swing by. These processors do everything, and Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 alone is worth the price of admission. The thing is, they have one of the most complete feature sets on the market at any price point, but more importantly, they still manage to sound great!

That's a strong possibility with Oppo but lets hope not anytime soon lol!!! That Integra is a very very nice unit for that price point so just out of curiosity I went to see if any were available for visuals today at local salons and everyone was sold out except for the receivers go figure but I am on the list for the next one's so I may have to take you up on the offer to get demo before then.
post #1198 of 3327 Old 12-26-2012, 06:15 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Hey Frank, my Christmas was indeed quite enjoyable. I got to hang with the lady and hang with family and I got some great gifts. How about you? Did you guys get together with the in laws and have a grand time?

Yeah it was great, I'm still waiting for my gifts to arrive from cool components. Families were great good food good drinks it was nice smile.gif

Frank

post #1199 of 3327 Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's a strong possibility with Oppo but lets hope not anytime soon lol!!! That Integra is a very very nice unit for that price point so just out of curiosity I went to see if any were available for visuals today at local salons and everyone was sold out except for the receivers go figure but I am on the list for the next one's so I may have to take you up on the offer to get demo before then.

Oh yes, the integras are big sellers especially around here. I'm on my second Integra, but when pursuing my first, I couldn't get a demo anywhere either. Some dealers had the receivers only, but nobody had the DHC-80.x series processors.
Quote:

Yeah it was great, I'm still waiting for my gifts to arrive from cool components. Families were great good food good drinks it was nice smile.gif

Glad you had a great time. Ah, cool components...they make some pretty neat ventilation gear! Sounds like a great gift, and the perfect gift for an HT Enthusiast, many of which can be kind of dififcult to shop for, given the cost of our toys. lol.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #1200 of 3327 Old 12-27-2012, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 77
The first Christmas in the new house has been a busy one. We left Saturday morning and just got back yesterday...Logged 1238 miles in the car visiting five cities while driving through thunderstorms and blizzards.. Now that we are home, it is time to watch movies.

Legacy Audio makes a GREAT product. I have a friend that has a set in his theater room(not sure which type, but I know they were significantly higher in price than what I have.) I will see if I can get the model numbers for you.

Hope you guys had a great Christmas too!
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page