BrolicBeast's Living Room Theater - Page 82 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2431 of 3270 Old 09-02-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post


OK now you just have to stop it. Aeris or Whispers. Come on, that's just not playing fair. If you do that, I might have to think twice about having you experience my system. A 10f screen with those speakers, going to my 1027's and TV will seem like child's play tongue.gif. Oh what the heck, I will risk it. You still have an invite if you can except the smaller scale once I get my 80.3 installed.

 

LOL--the upgrade process has already been initiated ;).  Mike, of course I still want to come up there and still appreciate the invite!  I plan to coordinate it with my next return trip from NY!  There's no way a pair of Beryllium'd-out 1027's can ever be child's play bro.  I"m so glad you're getting a new 80.3--that's a great processor and it comes with UHD passthrough, so you won't need another processor for a VERY long time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post


Steak dinners? Well, it's different from the usual chicken.

But yes, the floors are an investment, whereas the steaks are an expense.

 

Absolutely--the investment is always the best way to go!  Expenses are selfish and give nothing back!  BTW, I know I'm late with this, but did you ever give the Selah disc a whirl?  I can never get enough of their harmonies.  Of course, it helps that I'm deeply reflective about the goodness of God while listening, but man--they have some emotionally stirring songs.  Do you have any favorites yet?

BrolicBeast is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2432 of 3270 Old 09-03-2013, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

LOL--the upgrade process has already been initiated wink.gif .  Mike, of course I still want to come up there and still appreciate the invite!  I plan to coordinate it with my next return trip from NY!  There's no way a pair of Beryllium'd-out 1027's can ever be child's play bro.  I"m so glad you're getting a new 80.3--that's a great processor and it comes with UHD passthrough, so you won't need another processor for a VERY long time.
The Be tweeters are nice biggrin.gif. But which are you leaning more towards? The Aeris, Whisper XD or Whisper HD. My 80.3 should be delivered today so now it's just a matter of trying to have Dennis and Craig have the time to install it for me. Hopefully sometime this month otherwise it won't be until Nov. We shall see, But I will be anxiously awaiting word on any new developments here.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

MIkeDuke is offline  
post #2433 of 3270 Old 09-03-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post


The Be tweeters are nice biggrin.gif. But which are you leaning more towards? The Aeris, Whisper XD or Whisper HD. My 80.3 should be delivered today so now it's just a matter of trying to have Dennis and Craig have the time to install it for me. Hopefully sometime this month otherwise it won't be until Nov. We shall see, But I will be anxiously awaiting word on any new developments here.

 

As my research continues, I'm now leaning more toward the Aeris.  The sealed bass section is a boon for me as a home theater buff and the cabinet design is the best I've ever seen in a speaker.  Additionally, I can still EQ on a per-speaker basis while material plays.  That's a dream come true.

 

I know you're looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with your 80.3.  Since it comes out next week, I'd suggest making Star Trek Into Darkness the first movie you watch once you're all set-up again.  It's an A/V knockout!

BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2434 of 3270 Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I can't wait to get up and running again. But TBH, I have a lot of movies I need to get to. OHF, Oz the Great and powerful, Oblivion. Plus I am sure I have others that I have bought but have not watched yet. But Star Trek Into The Darkness is also on the list. The Aeris I am sure would be an excellent choice. It does look like a pretty cool speaker. Can't wait to see those in your room and a video on them eek.gif.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

MIkeDuke is offline  
post #2435 of 3270 Old 09-03-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Absolutely--the investment is always the best way to go!  Expenses are selfish and give nothing back!  BTW, I know I'm late with this, but did you ever give the Selah disc a whirl?  I can never get enough of their harmonies.  Of course, it helps that I'm deeply reflective about the goodness of God while listening, but man--they have some emotionally stirring songs.  Do you have any favorites yet?

My favorites are the traditional hymns, and the two standouts are There is a Fountain and Were You There (w. Russ Taff).

By the way, if you're a fan at all of the Bill Gaither Homecoming series, I recommend How Great Thou Art, which is a DVD of traditional hymns sung by the Homecoming folks. Excellent singing. Excellent singing. Standouts for me include it is Well (Wintley Phipps), There is a Fountain (f. David Phelps) and I'd Rather Have Jesus (The Crabb Family). But they're ALL good.
prepress is offline  
post #2436 of 3270 Old 09-03-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

As my research continues, I'm now leaning more toward the Aeris.  The sealed bass section is a boon for me as a home theater buff and the cabinet design is the best I've ever seen in a speaker.  Additionally, I can still EQ on a per-speaker basis while material plays.  That's a dream come true.

I know you're looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with your 80.3.  Since it comes out next week, I'd suggest making Star Trek Into Darkness the first movie you watch once you're all set-up again.  It's an A/V knockout!

if you go there, what happens to the Focus SE setup? You almost just got them.
prepress is offline  
post #2437 of 3270 Old 09-03-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 3,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

My favorites are the traditional hymns, and the two standouts are There is a Fountain and Were You There (w. Russ Taff).

By the way, if you're a fan at all of the Bill Gaither Homecoming series, I recommend How Great Thou Art, which is a DVD of traditional hymns sung by the Homecoming folks. Excellent singing. Excellent singing. Standouts for me include it is Well (Wintley Phipps), There is a Fountain (f. David Phelps) and I'd Rather Have Jesus (The Crabb Family). But they're ALL good.

David Phelps has an AMAZING voice. There are soooo many songs he sings that really move me. He is truly blessed.

And Whitley Phipps visited our church a number of years ago. He, too, can seriously sing.

I just played the "We're you there" cut for one of my customers. I have a number of the Selah albums and that is my favorite cut from of all of them.
audioguy is offline  
post #2438 of 3270 Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

My favorites are the traditional hymns, and the two standouts are There is a Fountain and Were You There (w. Russ Taff).

By the way, if you're a fan at all of the Bill Gaither Homecoming series, I recommend How Great Thou Art, which is a DVD of traditional hymns sung by the Homecoming folks. Excellent singing. Excellent singing. Standouts for me include it is Well (Wintley Phipps), There is a Fountain (f. David Phelps) and I'd Rather Have Jesus (The Crabb Family). But they're ALL good.

Thanks for those references prepress. I haven't listened to Phelps or Gaither; I'll be sure to look into them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

if you go there, what happens to the Focus SE setup? You almost just got them.

My theater has been disassembled as I prepare to prep the house for sale/rental. I just sold the Focus SE's (but still have the Marquis HD as it's Legacy's best center channel) and have all the funds lined up to pull the trigger on a pair of Aeris as soon as my new address is able to receive packages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

David Phelps has an AMAZING voice. There are soooo many songs he sings that really move me. He is truly blessed.

And Whitley Phipps visited our church a number of years ago. He, too, can seriously sing.

I just played the "We're you there" cut for one of my customers. I have a number of the Selah albums and that is my favorite cut from of all of them.

Whitley Phipps is an extremely talented vocalist and minister. He is actually the former pastor of my church (Seabrook Seventh Day Adventist Church) here in MD. That man has a God-given voice on him that I grew up loving, even before moving down here. My favorites of his are "I'll Choose You Again" and "The Lord's Prayer."
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2439 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
"Because He Lives" is a Bill Gaither song. You may have heard that one.

Some confusion o the Focus SE. I saw that the specs on the website and those in the manual differ greatly. Do the Focus SEs weigh 138 (website) or 200 (manual)? There's also a 2Hz difference in the bass (18Hz website vs. 16Hz manual).
prepress is offline  
post #2440 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

"Because He Lives" is a Bill Gaither song. You may have heard that one.

Some confusion o the Focus SE. I saw that the specs on the website and those in the manual differ greatly. Do the Focus SEs weigh 138 (website) or 200 (manual)? There's also a 2Hz difference in the bass (18Hz website vs. 16Hz manual).

 

In that case, I have heard Gaither! lol. Ah, I'd say the Focus weight is 138 lbs.  200 lbs probably refers to total shipping weight, including. packaging (which is quite substantial), as well as the large shipping pallad. They probably just divided th total shipping weight by 2 to get the 200lbs per speaker.  Based on talks with my dealer before purchase, I know they are officially rated to 18Hz, although after running them full range for three months, I'm pretty sure they go a little lower than that.

BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2441 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Why not just go for broke and get some Helixes? tongue.gif
pcweber111 is offline  
post #2442 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Why not just go for broke and get some Helixes? tongue.gif

Two words: Diminishing Returns. For a system that will have multiple subs, the benefits of the Helixes would be largely ignored.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2443 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 261
pcweber111 is offline  
post #2444 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

In that case, I have heard Gaither! lol. Ah, I'd say the Focus weight is 138 lbs.  200 lbs probably refers to total shipping weight, including. packaging (which is quite substantial), as well as the large shipping pallad. They probably just divided th total shipping weight by 2 to get the 200lbs per speaker.  Based on talks with my dealer before purchase, I know they are officially rated to 18Hz, although after running them full range for three months, I'm pretty sure they go a little lower than that.

I just got an e-mail from Legacy, and the specs in the manual are correct. The SEs go down to 16Hz. But, the weight on the website is correct at 138 lbs, as you say. The manual doesn't say anything about shipping weight; the 200 lbs. is there straight-up. The website says shipping weight is 177. Ouch! The Focus HD is 133 and 172, respectively. Again, ouch! The shipping weights are scary for someone in a second-floor 1BR; the speaker's weight isn't bad, and is comparable to my Mirages, which are 135 lbs each. If I get serious about new speakers before retiring, maybe I'll keep the Legacys in mind. Even the Signature (I wish it were taller) would be enough in my room, sound-wise, though the (probably) lower image might be a concern. But they are supposed to image above their height, as I understand it from the Legacy thread.
prepress is offline  
post #2445 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Yeah I figured as much just ribbing you.

I know buddy!  :-)  Those Helixes are monsters though. Whispers were definitely on the list--but the Aeris offers the best of all Legacy Audio's offerings. The next theater will not be a bat-cave, so I may just go ahead and order one of the more flashy finishes (with a black-pearl baffle to maintain consistency with the Marquis HD center channel.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post


I just got an e-mail from Legacy, and the specs in the manual are correct. The SEs go down to 16Hz. But, the weight on the website is correct at 138 lbs, as you say. The manual doesn't say anything about shipping weight; the 200 lbs. is there straight-up. The website says shipping weight is 177. Ouch! The Focus HD is 133 and 172, respectively. Again, ouch! The shipping weights are scary for someone in a second-floor 1BR; the speaker's weight isn't bad, and is comparable to my Mirages, which are 135 lbs each. If I get serious about new speakers before retiring, maybe I'll keep the Legacys in mind. Even the Signature (I wish it were taller) would be enough in my room, sound-wise, though the (probably) lower image might be a concern. But they are supposed to image above their height, as I understand it from the Legacy thread.

 

I hope your building has a freight elevator.  If so, then you'll probably be in luck if you ended up going with the Focuses.  You know, for the Sigs, you can always get something like an Auralex Gramma to place the sigs on if their imaging is way too low for you.  that being said, I doubt it would be a problem.  they are still taller than most speakers and the most important thing is measuring their tweeter height in relation to the tweeter height for your current Marages.  It might be tough to tell with the wraparound cloth design, but you could make a guess with your ears and a tape-measure--both close to the speaker as it plays.

BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2446 of 3270 Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

I hope your building has a freight elevator.  If so, then you'll probably be in luck if you ended up going with the Focuses.  You know, for the Sigs, you can always get something like an Auralex Gramma to place the sigs on if their imaging is way too low for you.  that being said, I doubt it would be a problem.  they are still taller than most speakers and the most important thing is measuring their tweeter height in relation to the tweeter height for your current Marages.  It might be tough to tell with the wraparound cloth design, but you could make a guess with your ears and a tape-measure--both close to the speaker as it plays.

No, it's a walk-up. The shipping weight concerns me, I admit. That;s why the Signature SE is, in practical terms, a more realistic option for my living circumstances. And there's nothing wrong with 22Hz bass! The top of the Signature cabinet is halfway up my TV screen; it would cut across the Mirage's tweeter at the middle.

I found a review of the Signatures and the reviewer has the same amps I do. He also uses Kimber and Transparent cables, though not the same Transparent I do (no mention of which Kimbers). That review mentions a respectable but not particularly deep soundstage, and that placement is very important. The Focus SE, I'd think, would be better in that regard. Did you find the Focus to have a deep soundstage?
prepress is offline  
post #2447 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post


No, it's a walk-up. The shipping weight concerns me, I admit. That;s why the Signature SE is, in practical terms, a more realistic option for my living circumstances. And there's nothing wrong with 22Hz bass! The top of the Signature cabinet is halfway up my TV screen; it would cut across the Mirage's tweeter at the middle.

I found a review of the Signatures and the reviewer has the same amps I do. He also uses Kimber and Transparent cables, though not the same Transparent I do (no mention of which Kimbers). That review mentions a respectable but not particularly deep soundstage, and that placement is very important. The Focus SE, I'd think, would be better in that regard. Did you find the Focus to have a deep soundstage?

 

I certainly found the focuses to have a deep soundstage, but having heard the Signatures as well, I'm inclined to strongly disagree with that reviewer who said their soundstage is not deep.  As far as the positioning, I'll say that I took quite some time to carefully position my first tower speakers, a $360 pair of Infinity Primus 360BK's, back in 2006 when i first got them.  Logic degreed that I do at least the same for every speaker I've owned since then.  It only makes sense to do the same for a high-end speaker like the Signatures, and doubly so for the Focus.  As you know from positioning your Mirages, great sound is never ever plug-and-play!  

BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2448 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
DMark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

No, it's a walk-up. The shipping weight concerns me, I admit. That;s why the Signature SE is, in practical terms, a more realistic option for my living circumstances. And there's nothing wrong with 22Hz bass! The top of the Signature cabinet is halfway up my TV screen; it would cut across the Mirage's tweeter at the middle.

I found a review of the Signatures and the reviewer has the same amps I do. He also uses Kimber and Transparent cables, though not the same Transparent I do (no mention of which Kimbers). That review mentions a respectable but not particularly deep soundstage, and that placement is very important. The Focus SE, I'd think, would be better in that regard. Did you find the Focus to have a deep soundstage?

Prepress,

I have personally moved A LOT of Legacy speakers, many by myself, and the Focus SE is not difficult to handle once it is strapped to a hand truck. For 2 flights of steps, I would recommend 2 people, but it really is not difficult, as long as both guys are in good health.

Actually, if you have two strong guys, its almost easier to just pick up the speaker in the shipping box and carry it up the steps without bothering with a hand truck.

I would not let shipping weight deter you from selecting the speaker you want!!. Just get a friend or two to help you on delivery day. If you would cover a train ticket and expenses for a day, I'd come up there and help you get them set up myself! :-)

Fine Music, Movies, Wine, and Friends - A Life Well Lived!
DMark1 is offline  
post #2449 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Let me just some anecdotal thoughts. I went to a GTG a while ago and the Focus were there. I can't remember of it was the SE or HD though. I was sitting dead center and the imaging was fantastic. Not to mention just an all around great sound. But other people there where not as impressed. To be fair, I don't think they were setup optimally "for the speaker". They are tall speakers and they were put on platforms that made them even taller. So many people thought they sounded better when they stood up as opposed to being seated. Plus, many people thought that unless you were in the sweet spot (which I was hogging biggrin.gif), they did not image well. For me, they were some of the best speakers I heard at the GTG. As a matter of fact, of the speakers I heard, they were probably one of the only ones I would consider if I already did not have my Focals and I had the space for them. My guess is that these require a precise setup. My 1027's are like that. Even an inch can make a big difference. It took me awhile before they were dialed in. So I just think these need some TLC to get them sounding their best and when you do that, I am sure you will be rewarded.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

MIkeDuke is offline  
post #2450 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
DMark1, your offer is worth considering should I decide to replace my Mirages, and definitely if I do so with Legacys. For now, replacing them is a thought only. I know I'm fueling the idea simply by engaging the forum, but in case I'm compelled to do something, I should be ready.

Placement won't be an issue, since with this room there's only one way to set up any speakers. Interestingly, I think the C2300 preamp has helped them, as has this room compared to my previous apartment where the imaging was worse. I wasn't concerned with it that much then, but I do remember the image was pretty flat; no depth, even though the speakers were closer together. They were also closer to the back wall then. Anyway, we'll see.
prepress is offline  
post #2451 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264

New Sound Anchors Monoblock Amp Stands :cool:

 

Sound Anchors Center Channel Stand.  Built like a TANK....truly!

 

Hades84 likes this.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2452 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Done Deal DR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Nice Brolic! They all look great. Why do you still have the credenza? tongue.gif

I got my Sound Anchor stand in for my Klipsch RC-64 II yesterday and love it.

They are really quite heavy duty, it's not that I didn't expect it at this price point but I was pleasantly surprised when it was even beefier and better constructed than I was expecting. They got the bottom mount holes perfect (I did have to measure for them after all) to mount directly to my RC-64 and it's incredibly stable, important since I have 3 dogs in my house and... who knows? wink.gif

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
Done Deal DR is offline  
post #2453 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post

Nice Brolic! They all look great. Why do you still have the credenza? tongue.gif

I got my Sound Anchor stand in for my Klipsch RC-64 II yesterday and love it.

They are really quite heavy duty, it's not that I didn't expect it at this price point but I was pleasantly surprised when it was even beefier and better constructed than I was expecting. They got the bottom mount holes perfect (I did have to measure for them after all) to mount directly to my RC-64 and it's incredibly stable, important since I have 3 dogs in my house and... who knows? wink.gif

 

Thanks Done Deal! LOL--we decided to take the credenza the new house and place it somewhere (Not sure where yet)!  Thus, 'twill remain!!!

 

Man, the center channel is insanely beefy! Heavy, sturdy, and extremely stable!  3 Dogs in the house?  How did your center channel survive this long? lol.

BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2454 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Done Deal DR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Thanks Done Deal! LOL--we decided to take the credenza the new house and place it somewhere (Not sure where yet)!  Thus, 'twill remain!!!

Man, the center channel is insanely beefy! Heavy, sturdy, and extremely stable!  3 Dogs in the house?  How did your center channel survive this long? lol.

Ha! they are actually somewhat well mannered and fairly small (all around 40-45 lbs) and I try to keep them from getting too rambunctious around my gear... but with the Sound Anchor it's in absolutely no danger. In fact I think it would hurt them if they ran into it. biggrin.gif These things would stand up to earth quakes.

I love how clean the front sound stage is without a big bulky piece of furniture in the middle. I'd never previously been in a room set up this way and I absolutely love it. I also got their Cone Coaster product since I have a tile floor and they are perfect as well.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
Done Deal DR is offline  
post #2455 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Great looking stands Matt. It makes the amps look even more menacing. If that's possible. The center does look like it means business. Congrats.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

MIkeDuke is offline  
post #2456 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
djbluemax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 2,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Those new stands are BEEFY! Out of curiosity, what are you doing with the old stands and where did you get them from? I really like the simple, elegant look.


Max
djbluemax1 is offline  
post #2457 of 3270 Old 09-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Member
 
Hades84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia, Northern Territory
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Those stands look great! It's always good when design and functionality come together to make something aesthetically pleasing in its own right, as those stands are, without having to throw a whole lot of bells and whistles on it. Clean, simple design, love 'em.
Hades84 is offline  
post #2458 of 3270 Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post


Ha! they are actually somewhat well mannered and fairly small (all around 40-45 lbs) and I try to keep them from getting too rambunctious around my gear... but with the Sound Anchor it's in absolutely no danger. In fact I think it would hurt them if they ran into it. biggrin.gif These things would stand up to earth quakes.

I love how clean the front sound stage is without a big bulky piece of furniture in the middle. I'd never previously been in a room set up this way and I absolutely love it. I also got their Cone Coaster product since I have a tile floor and they are perfect as well.

 

Yeah, I can't imagine any dogs or elephants, for that matter, endangering the stability of the Sound Anchor Stands. Ah, I haven't heard of the Cone Coaster.  I'll be looking into that later today.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Great looking stands Matt. It makes the amps look even more menacing. If that's possible. The center does look like it means business. Congrats.

 

Gracias Sr. Duke!  I'd probaly hold on to the amp stands in the event of a hurricane. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

Those new stands are BEEFY! Out of curiosity, what are you doing with the old stands and where did you get them from? I really like the simple, elegant look.


Max

 

Hey Max, I'm still undecided on what to do with the old stands.  I might use them again if I eventually go with an all-monoblock setup.  If I don't go that route, I'll probably sell them.  They are quite elegant--perfect for a furnished multi-purpose room or dedicated music room.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades84 View Post

Those stands look great! It's always good when design and functionality come together to make something aesthetically pleasing in its own right, as those stands are, without having to throw a whole lot of bells and whistles on it. Clean, simple design, love 'em.

 

Thanks buddy!  These Sound Anchor guys really know what they are doing.  The amp stands arrive bolted to a piece of plywood in its shipping box.  I mean--my gosh, I've never experienced something like that before.  As I get older, I find myself liking straightforward, simple solutions.

BrolicBeast is online now  
post #2459 of 3270 Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

New Sound Anchors Monoblock Amp Stands cool.gif



Sound Anchors Center Channel Stand.  Built like a TANK....truly!





That center channel looks as though it's ready to walk away. Alien invasion!

Seriously, the stands are nice and sturdy-looking, as befits the equipment. Very good.
prepress is offline  
post #2460 of 3270 Old 09-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Member
 
Hades84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia, Northern Territory
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

That center channel looks as though it's ready to walk away. Alien invasion!

Yeah, it looks like a really wide AT-ST walker.
Hades84 is offline  
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off