Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Here you go man...

Gray area is the riser. Two levels...

That second row looks like prime real estate for you and your better half.

Even have a epic single seat so can you focus the Focus's toe in perfectly when the 2 channel mood arises.

Dude,

I never thought of a configuration like this! The epic seat is perfectly placed, and the dual-seat configuration is perfect when Mrs. Brolic and I are catching a flick. I'll be sure to have you over so you can see the fruits of your concept! lol.

LOL@ focus the Focus. The Focus SE's are no more--currently rocking with a Triad Platinum LCR setup, although who knows what the next few months will bring. wink.gif

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Dude,

I never thought of a configuration like this! The epic seat is perfectly placed, and the dual-seat configuration is perfect when Mrs. Brolic and I are catching a flick. I'll be sure to have you over so you can see the fruits of your concept! lol.

LOL@ focus the Focus. The Focus SE's are no more--currently rocking with a Triad Platinum LCR setup, although who knows what the next few months will bring. wink.gif

Thanks again!

Whaaaaa....?

I need to quit BSing and scoop my a LCR Noesis so you can come demo. That would cure your upgraditus bug...

post #2523 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:

Whaaaaa....?

I need to quit BSing and scoop my a LCR Noesis so you can come demo. That would cure your upgraditus bug...

Thats the only reason I come to this thread. I see how much Matt flips equipment and it makes me feel better knowing somebody else has "upgradidis" way worse than me. I think half the time the stuff is sold before he even takes posession :-)
post #2524 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Whaaaaa....?

LOL, the upgraditis bug is incurable. I'm going to be honest though--I was able to wrestle the Plats to ear-level, and they are the best movie speakers I've ever heard in my life. Literally....they blow me away. But......

but.....

For music, the Legacies take the cake, hands down. Particularly in the midrange. I actually think the Plats do soprano voices better than the Legacies (might be the horns), but dude--the midrange is, and forever will be, owned by the Legacies. The blend between the lower AMT and rohacell drivers is a killer combo. Hence...my need for a separate music room with a pair of Aeris. biggrin.gif

Final verdict: the best overall package is the Legacy, but for folks who want the best of both worlds, I'd say Triad Platinum LCR's for movies and Legacy Speakers for music can make that a reality.
post #2525 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Thats the only reason I come to this thread. I see how much Matt flips equipment and it makes me feel better knowing somebody else has "upgradidis" way worse than me. I think half the time the stuff is sold before he even takes posession :-)

LOLOLOL!!! This is funny!!! lolol...I suffer from Chronic Upgrade-i-tis--I keep a speaker cable plugged into my arm intravenously and anytime I get an uber-dose of wattage into my arm from the XPR-1, I have to make a purchase!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
wilfredent likes this.
post #2526 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Plan to crawl over the seats?

Wait...there's hope for the bonus room yet!!! Look what this guy did with 10' 11" of width.
post #2527 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL, the upgraditis bug is incurable. I'm going to be honest though--I was able to wrestle the Plats to ear-level, and they are the best movie speakers I've ever heard in my life. Literally....they blow me away. But......

but.....

For music, the Legacies take the cake, hands down. Particularly in the midrange. I actually think the Plats do soprano voices better than the Legacies (might be the horns), but dude--the midrange is, and forever will be, owned by the Legacies. The blend between the lower AMT and rohacell drivers is a killer combo. Hence...my need for a separate music room with a pair of Aeris. biggrin.gif

Final verdict: the best overall package is the Legacy, but for folks who want the best of both worlds, I'd say Triad Platinum LCR's for movies and Legacy Speakers for music can make that a reality.

I kinda feel bad for you man.

That said, I've yet to hear a single person mention or even whisper a thought of upgrading once they own the Noesis... and that is for both movie AND music listening...

Don't know how I missed it, but why did you get rid of the SE's? The only other person I know that owned a set of the SE's ended upgrading to Cat12's. Or those are your radar in the future?

I mean, I understand the passion for the hobby, but do you really think you will never satisfy the itch?

post #2528 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I can give a testimony when it comes to the Noesis 212HT.... biggrin.gif
post #2529 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I kinda feel bad for you man.

That said, I've yet to hear a single person mention or even whisper a thought of upgrading once they own the Noesis... and that is for both movie AND music listening...

Don't know how I missed it, but why did you get rid of the SE's? The only other person I know that owned a set of the SE's ended upgrading to Cat12's. Or those are your radar in the future?

I mean, I understand the passion for the hobby, but do you really think you will never satisfy the itch?

After getting them to ear-height yesterday, in all honesty, I think I'm set for movies. I can't imagine a speaker getting better than the Platinums for sheer dynamics, detail, and sound quality. For my movie journey, I'm done. Don't get me wrong--the Plats are spectacular for music too--but for the music I like i.e. ballads w/ female vocals, and classical music (I don't like most rock), my ears have been spoiled by the AMT/Rohacell drivers in the Focus SE's, and now they want nothing else.

It's only the music journey that continues--and I plan to end that journey by the end of 2014 with two Aeris speakers in rosewood/black pearl combination finish that I've discussed with Dennis. Once that comes, I'm done upgrading on the speaker side.
post #2530 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

I can give a testimony when it comes to the Noesis 212HT.... biggrin.gif

I've been thinking about overkill, and skipping Triad surrounds in exchange for a series of 212HT's as surrounds and rears (to keep the horn theme going around the room), but I'd have to hear a pair before going that route.
post #2531 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK--so here's the entire left half of my basement with BOTH possible theater options. I didn't include the space lost due to soundproofing, since--as Craig pointed out a while ago, the space lost to soundproofing is in the inches, not feet.

While the larger space is ideal, Not only would I need to build a wall to split the open rec room into two rooms--I'd also have to tear down the drywall and carpet that we've already paid (out of pocket) to have installed with the building of the house. That being said, I have been given free-reign of the basement, so the Mrs. has agreed to respect all decisions I make regarding the HT construction.

The narrow room is ideal for soundproofing, as it's completely unfinished, hugs foundation walls, and is very close to the HVAC room which resides in the left half of the basement almost adjacent to the narrow room.

Any ideas, pros, or cons that I'm probably missing would be most helpful. It's a tougher decision than it may seem.
post #2532 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Build both theaters. The smaller one first. You will be the only one I know of with 2 full blown home theaters in the world. lol. Might be a Arabian filthy rich guy with 2, but I haven't heard of it or seen him yet.

panasonic p60st60 | denon 3808ci | emotiva xpa-5 | sony cx985v400dvdchanger | def tech bp2006 lr,2300c | ps3 | xbox360 | appletv | harmony one remote | (sony vpl-hs51 projector)(u-verse)
post #2533 of 3295 Old 09-24-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TRUE ONE View Post

Build both theaters. The smaller one first. You will be the only one I know of with 2 full blown home theaters in the world. lol. Might be a Arabian filthy rich guy with 2, but I haven't heard of it or seen him yet.

Ha! It's funny you mention that because I'm contemplating building a *personal theater* in a 14x10 room on the other side of the basement and soundproofing that room (making it double as my listening room) and building the larger theater in the divided rec room without soundproofing. This way, I can use the personal room for the *honey turn that down* times, or when those become (gulp) *daddy, please turn that down?* times. Did I mention (gulp)? lol
post #2534 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 02:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

but.....

I don't consider it incurable. But I think many of us like having the disease. biggrin.gif

Then there are others who expose themselves to the virus, knowingly or unknowingly (if that's possible) and contract it that way. Some are better at fighting off the virus than others. Contracting the virus is no guarantee, but it can lie dormant until the immune system is weak, then . . . BLAMMO!
post #2535 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

After getting them to ear-height yesterday, in all honesty, I think I'm set for movies. I can't imagine a speaker getting better than the Platinums for sheer dynamics, detail, and sound quality. For my movie journey, I'm done. Don't get me wrong--the Plats are spectacular for music too--but for the music I like i.e. ballads w/ female vocals, and classical music (I don't like most rock), my ears have been spoiled by the AMT/Rohacell drivers in the Focus SE's, and now they want nothing else.

Can't even imagine it?

Quote:

It's only the music journey that continues--and I plan to end that journey by the end of 2014 with two Aeris speakers in rosewood/black pearl combination finish that I've discussed with Dennis. Once that comes, I'm done upgrading on the speaker side.

Beautiful statement pieces. Sure to be a conversation starter for anyone that sees such polished pieces of art in your room! Guaranteed to pass the WAF factor and add to your room decor!

Quote:

I've been thinking about overkill, and skipping Triad surrounds in exchange for a series of 212HT's as surrounds and rears (to keep the horn theme going around the room), but I'd have to hear a pair before going that route.

Using the 212HT as surrounds and keeping the Platniums as your LCR mains... that is a first...

The JTR are 6.5db more sensitive and can handle 4x more power. Plus you are comparing the horn loaded "fabric dome tweeter" of the Triads vs the BMS Polyester Diaphram Compression Driver of the Noesis...

Dymanics? Detail? Sound Quality? Here is some elaboration to help spark your imagination...

Assuming the manufacturers published specs are accurate:

Sensitivity:
Triad Platinum = 94.5 dB/1W/1m
JTR Noesis = 101db/2.0v Free Air
*Note - Here is a helpful reference on Understanding Loudspeaker Sensitivity. Using this source and the manufacturers published information lets go out on a limb and make the assumption that the sensitivity ratings are apples to apples based on the following. (1) Since both speakers are rated with a 4 ohm nominal load, and 2.0v = 1watt @ 4 ohm, they receive equal power. (2) Triad uses an anechoic chamber where JTR states free air (assumed ground plane measurement?) to calculate sensitivity. (Can't locate a reference right off hand that outlines the difference between anechoic and free air sensitivity measurements.) (3) Given SPL diminishes by 6db per doubling of distance, let's assume both were measured at a 1m distance. With that said, assuming apples to apples,the Noesis are 6.5db more sensitive than your Platinums.

Power ratings:
Triad Platinum = Maximum Power rating 500 watts
JTR Noesis = 2,000 watts RMS (Program)
*Note - Here is a helpful reference on Power Handling. If you scroll down to § 3., it gives a good definition of average, program and peak power. I can't say for sure if the manufacturers use the same definitions/methodology for calculating power ratings, but just to give the Platinums the benefit of the doubt, let's say that JTR's "Program" power is its "Maximum Power" rating just for comparison purposes. With that said, the Noesis have 4x the power handling capability of the Platinums.

Frequency Response (+/-3dB):
Triad Platinum = 60Hz - 20kHz
JTR Noesis = 60Hz - 24kHz
* Note - I don't believe JTR utilizes a Anechoic chamber to measure their FR, but let's just keep this simple. The Noesis seem to have a slightly better (arguably audibly insignificant to some) measured response in the highest frequency range.

I can't imagine owning surrounds that could easily out perform my mains, but in all honesty I guess it really depends on listening preferences. The Platinums should be good for reference in your room and 99% of viewers (even AVS'ers) don't listen to movies at or above reference levels.

post #2536 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:

Sooo... why the Aeris and not the Whisper XD?

Max
post #2537 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Matt, I don't think that going the JTR 212's are the correct move for surrounds. I know they have horns but they are totally different speakers with probably very different drivers and crossover slopes. I personally don't think it's a good match. Let me give you a quick example. I know my room is much smaller then yours and simpler in execution, but the theory is the same. For a very long time I used Polk RT-3's for my surrounds. I used them when I had Def Tech's and I used them with my Focal's. I thought they sounded fine. Then I upgraded to Focal surrounds. Not the same level(I bought Chorus 705's. Wow what a difference. They matched the rest of my speakers much better and the surrounds woke up. If you want mega surrounds I suggest something like the Triad L\C\R Gold speakers. They would be a much better match for your current Triad Plats. I am not saying the JTR's are bad because clearly many people love them. But IMHO, going that extreme, in the surrounds, with another company would not make for the best experience. But that's just me tongue.gif.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

post #2538 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

I don't consider it incurable. But I think many of us like having the disease. biggrin.gif

Then there are others who expose themselves to the virus, knowingly or unknowingly (if that's possible) and contract it that way. Some are better at fighting off the virus than others. Contracting the virus is no guarantee, but it can lie dormant until the immune system is weak, then . . . BLAMMO!

Lol—this is precisely how it works. Browsing AVS after contracting upgraditis is like walking through the Himalayas in one’s undergarments to cure the flu. lol
Quote:

Can't even imagine it?
Beautiful statement pieces. Sure to be a conversation starter for anyone that sees such polished pieces of art in your room! Guaranteed to pass the WAF factor and add to your room decor!
Using the 212HT as surrounds and keeping the Platniums as your LCR mains... that is a first...

The JTR are 6.5db more sensitive and can handle 4x more power. Plus you are comparing the horn loaded "fabric dome tweeter" of the Triads vs the BMS Polyester Diaphram Compression Driver of the Noesis...

Dymanics? Detail? Sound Quality? Here is some elaboration to help spark your imagination...

Sensitivity:
*Note - Here is a helpful reference on Understanding Loudspeaker Sensitivity. Using this source and the manufacturers published information lets go out on a limb and make the assumption that the sensitivity ratings are apples to apples based on the following. (1) Since both speakers are rated with a 4 ohm nominal load, and 2.0v = 1watt @ 4 ohm, they receive equal power. (2) Triad uses an anechoic chamber where JTR states free air (assumed ground plane measurement?) to calculate sensitivity. (Can't locate a reference right off hand that outlines the difference between anechoic and free air sensitivity measurements.) (3) Given SPL diminishes by 6db per doubling of distance, let's assume both were measured at a 1m distance. With that said, assuming apples to apples,the Noesis are 6.5db more sensitive than your Platinums.

Power ratings:
*Note - Here is a helpful reference on Power Handling. If you scroll down to § 3., it gives a good definition of average, program and peak power. I can't say for sure if the manufacturers use the same definitions/methodology for calculating power ratings, but just to give the Platinums the benefit of the doubt, let's say that JTR's "Program" power is its "Maximum Power" rating just for comparison purposes. With that said, the Noesis have 4x the power handling capability of the Platinums.

* Note - I don't believe JTR utilizes a Anechoic chamber to measure their FR, but let's just keep this simple. The Noesis seem to have a slightly better (arguably audibly insignificant to some) measured response in the highest frequency range.

I can't imagine owning surrounds that could easily out perform my mains, but in all honesty I guess it really depends on listening preferences. The Platinums should be good for reference in your room and 99% of viewers (even AVS'ers) don't listen to movies at or above reference levels.

Power handling and sensitivity don’t mean they outperform the Platinums in the real-world. I can build a box speaker that can handle 5000w and make it uber-sensitive, but that doesn’t mean it outperforms a better-engineered speaker with lower power handling and sensitivity ratings. Sensitivity, in particular, doesn’t really hold value to me in a home setting, as my amps have enough juice to get any speaker above 90 db of sensitivity to well-above reference. The Legacy Focus SE’s were also rated for 500 watts, but they’ve drawn peaks of up to 1300w from my 1750w monoblocks at 4 Ohms. While I wholeheartedly place my trust in ID companies for subwoofers, in the case of speakers, I think most ID companies (JTR, as well as CHT and ED when they were around, and a few more) trend too much toward professional qualities (i.e. max watt handling, max output, etc.) and less on refinement desired by some customers, with the Catalyst being the exception. I believe in paying for the level of engineering, materials, and R&D that goes into a speaker like the Platinum or the Focus. Also, I’m in the minority here, but high frequency measured responses only tell a microcosm of the story for me.

Now, just to be clear—I’m not prepared to defend the Platinums at all costs the way I was (and still am) for the Legacies, and I don’t want to prolong the age-old “ID v. The World” war, but I do disagree with the notion that the Noesis (or any speaker) outperforms the Plats (or any other speaker) based on sensitivity, measurements, and power handling alone. Would the Noesis be rated “most likely to make my ears bleed” at max output, I’m sure they would be—but that's something I'll never experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

Sooo... why the Aeris and not the Whisper XD?

Max

Hey Max, well--the Aeris are at the forefront purely from an Aesthetic standpoint. I’m not so sure that the Whispers outperform them—I think the midrange configuration and full open-baffle design offers a different sound though…one that can be a bit laid back at times…although…the Xilica can tune the speakers to my taste….perhaps they should be put on the table once again. They are a way down the line, so I’ll see. If CEDIA announcements don’t drain my funds, they may be up for consideration once more.
craig john likes this.
post #2539 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Understood.

post #2540 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Understood.

When do your Noesis 212HT's come in, and what kind of power do you plan on feeding them?
post #2541 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Matt, I don't think that going the JTR 212's are the correct move for surrounds. I know they have horns but they are totally different speakers with probably very different drivers and crossover slopes. I personally don't think it's a good match. Let me give you a quick example. I know my room is much smaller then yours and simpler in execution, but the theory is the same. For a very long time I used Polk RT-3's for my surrounds. I used them when I had Def Tech's and I used them with my Focal's. I thought they sounded fine. Then I upgraded to Focal surrounds. Not the same level(I bought Chorus 705's. Wow what a difference. They matched the rest of my speakers much better and the surrounds woke up. If you want mega surrounds I suggest something like the Triad L\C\R Gold speakers. They would be a much better match for your current Triad Plats. I am not saying the JTR's are bad because clearly many people love them. But IMHO, going that extreme, in the surrounds, with another company would not make for the best experience. But that's just me tongue.gif.

Mike, I definitely appreciate your point of view. Sometimes I get clouded by the concept of overkill, and I definitely agree—I’d be better sticking the company that has timbre-matched speakers (or similarly matched speakers). The astounding Gold LCR’s for surrounds could be categorized as “overkill done right!” lol. biggrin.gif
post #2542 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:

Mike, I definitely appreciate your point of view. Sometimes I get clouded by the concept of overkill, and I definitely agree—I’d be better sticking the company that has timbre-matched speakers (or similarly matched speakers). The astounding Gold LCR’s for surrounds could be categorized as “overkill done right!” lol. biggrin.gif

Interesting layouts but both are odd/small spaces and will be very easy to overload with sound. Sorry if this has already been discussed but why not build just one large room that can take what the Plats have to give? Frankly, in a small room like you are proposing the Plats seem a poor choice.

I suppose the bigger question is why not hire a designer like Dennis Erskine? Take his recommendations and live happily ever after. As Clint once said, "A mans got to know his limitations" ... wink.gif

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #2543 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Interesting layouts but both are odd/small spaces and will be very easy to overload with sound. Sorry if this has already been discussed but why not build just one large room that can take what the Plats have to give? Frankly, in a small room like you are proposing the Plats seem a poor choice.

I suppose the bigger question is why not hire a designer like Dennis Erskine? Take his recommendations and live happily ever after. As Clint once said, "A mans got to know his limitations" ... wink.gif

Th basement has been cut into two halves--the left half is where the rec room and unfinished narrow room are located; the right half (not pictured) contains a series of extra useable rooms, the HVAC room, and a finished bathroom (I'll probably make it a visitor's suite and I plan to use one of the rooms as a music room). After fervently browsing the Dedicated Design and Build thread over the last few weeks, I'm not sure I'd classify 17x18 as *small* in the context of a room dedicated just to the home theater experience, but that's just my POV. The whole rec room measures in at 18x28, but those measurements are offset at the point where I plan to build the enclosing wall due our additing a morning room on the first level. That addition requred some minor changes to our original design (the house is currently being built) and it narrowed the 11x27 room to it's current width. What makes you think the Plats are a poor choice in the 17x18 room? I welcome all criticism and advice, as I want to build this next room to be the best room possible.

I do plan to contact the Erskine Goup for their $4k package (forget it's name)...I definitely couldn't do a complete design on my own. i just don't know enough about acoustics.
post #2544 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Can't even imagine it?

Sensitivity:

Power ratings:

Do you go door to door with your message? Have you even heard Platinums? A compression driver sounding better then a soft dome tweeter??? That's rich.

Mankite
post #2545 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankite View Post

Do you go door to door with your message? Have you even heard Platinums? A compression driver sounding better then a soft dome tweeter??? That's rich.
Have you ever heard the Noesis? If you have you would be questioning this!
post #2546 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Can anyone explain to me why I'm having trouble finding ANY information on CEDIA 2013 updates? Many sites brag about frequent updates, but I'm only coming across minor things like Roku updates and the like. It's a three day show, so each day should be packed with updates....

Sony VPL-VW500ES...JVC DLA-RSXX.....where are you??? mad.gif
post #2547 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Have you ever heard the Noesis? If you have you would be questioning this!

I think we can all agree that a compression driver offers more output. My question to you is what is your reasoning if the compression driver has better sound quality that every high end speaker isn't using a compression driver?

Mankite
post #2548 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Have yet to hear the plats or any of the Triad line. I'm very open minded and look forward to listening any and all gear to broaden my perspective!

I don't sell anything. It's my opinion that anyone that has a buck to gain can't offer truly unbias advice...that's why I value this community so much. I've come to know and respect a lot of members with much more experience than I have in every regard and find the more experience I gain consistently falls inline with the advice and/or stance of those I trust.

Quote:

I think we can all agree that a compression driver offers more output. My question to you is what is your reasoning if the compression driver has better sound quality that every high end speaker isn't using a compression driver?

No point in derailing Matt's thread.

A blind or double blind test between the Platniums, Noesis and a few other offerings would be a very cool test.

I see you are in PA...Hummm.... wink.gif

post #2549 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A blind or double blind test between the Platniums, Noesis and a few other offerings would be a very cool test.

Sounds like a great way to break-in the new theater! Maybe install each at their optimal positions behind the AT screen the night before (I doubt it will be the same exact place for both), and have at it with only two people switching cables. I'd definitely look forward to something like that! Perhaps an "LCR Battle?" I'm getting excited already. lol.
post #2550 of 3295 Old 09-25-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:

Have yet to hear the plats or any of the Triad line. I'm very open minded and look forward to listening any and all gear to broaden my perspective!

I don't sell anything. It's my opinion that anyone that has a buck to gain can't offer truly unbias advice...that's why I value this community so much. I've come to know and respect a lot of members with much more experience than I have in every regard and find the more experience I gain consistently falls inline with the advice and/or stance of those I trust.
No point in derailing Matt's thread.

I see you are in PA...Hummm.... wink.gif
I'm not too far from you and own Plats also. If you want to hear mine, you're always welcome. Likewise, I would like to hear a set of Noesis.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page