AVS Forum banner
220K views 3K replies 136 participants last post by  Franin 
#1 ·
*** NEW THEATER UNDER CONSTRUCTION .*** Please bear with me as I amass new theater equipment over the next few months.

--Speakers

Triad InRoom Platinum LCR Speaker System

--Source Components--

Custom HTPC

--Preamplifier/Processor--

Theta Casablanca IV

--Amplification--

Emotiva XPR-1 Monoblock amplifiers (1750wpc into 4 Ohms)

***********************************************************************************************************************
THE BELOW THEATER IS BEING PHASED OUT AS THE NEW THEATER COMES TO FRUITION IN A NEW HOUSE.

The Theater

Front View

Screen Wall w/ GIK 242 Acoustic Panels

Side View

Bass Traps (GIK 244)

JVC DLA-RS56 3D Projector

Marantz 8801 A/V Processor

Emotiva XPR-1

Oppo BDP-105

Wireworld Chroma 6 Flat HDMI Cables & Audioquest Diamondback XLR Cables

Emotiva Speaker Cables

Cambridge Audio DacMagic

VIDEO: BrolicBeast Theater Update

Display:

JVC DLA-RS56

Screen:

Stewart Filmscreens - Studiotek 130 G3 (120-inch diagonal)

Audio Processor/Power Amplifiers:

Marantz 8801

Emotiva XPR-1 Monoblocks (3x)

Emotiva XPA-200 

Behringer iNuke1000DSP (For bass shakers)

Video Processors

Lumagen Radiance Mini 3D

Darbee DVP 5000 (Darblet)

Source Components:

Oppo BDP-105 Universal Disc Player

Apple TV

Dish Network DVR-VIP 622

Microsoft Xbox 360 (Slim)

Sony PS3

Cambridge Audio DacMagic

Sonos Digital Music System

Dell XPS 730x-H2O

Home Theater Seating:

Coaster Pavilion 3-Seat Row (Curved)

Speakers:

Legacy Focus SE (LR)

Legacy Marquis HD (C)

Infinity Primus 360 (SL & SR)

Crowson Tactile Transducers

Power Conditioning:

Panamax M5300 Power Conditioner (2)

Power Cabling:

PS Audio PerfectWave AC5 Power Cable

PS Audio PerfectWave AC3 Power Cable

Interconnects:

Better Cables: Silver Serpent Balanced (XLR) Interconnects

Audioquest: Diamondback Balanced (XLR) Interconnects

Audioquest: Black Mamba II

HDMI Cabling

Wire World Chroma 6 HDMI Cables (4)

Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI Cable

Emotiva X-Series HDMI Cable

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarate /forum/post/20035467

Very nice system and thorough photos.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I really want to pick up the 3D JVC RS50--I'm hoping by summer's end.

#4 ·
OK, finally got the pictures up the right way. Enjoy...

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast /forum/post/20035486

Thanks, I appreciate it. I really want to pick up the 3D JVC RS50--I'm hoping by summer's end.

Cool place you've got there, Brolic, and very nice gear selection!! Snap some screenshot pics once you get the new pj...

#6 ·
Welcome BrolicBeast to the WYSC thread.

Nice list of gear you have there. Always enjoy seeing other audio enthusiast having fun with their Klipsch speakers. A new JVC PJ would be
too.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr /forum/post/20035823

Cool place you've got there, Brolic, and very nice gear selection!! Snap some screenshot pics once you get the new pj...

Gracias! I'm actually going to take some snapshots tonight with some of my favorite movie scenes. I love my Mitsubishi HC7000 Projector 100%--the only reason I want the RS50 is for pristine 3D functionality. But--I'm still waiting on reviews to roll in, and what I've been hearing about the light-output is worrying. I'm giving them until the end of the summer to convince me! lol

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek /forum/post/20035887

Welcome BrolicBeast to the WYSC thread.

Nice list of gear you have there. Always enjoy seeing other audio enthusiast having fun with their Klipsch speakers. A new JVC PJ would be
too.

I appreciate the welcome! Yes, I'm a huge fan of Klipsch. I hope to get their palladium towers if I somehow find a way to justify 20K on a speaker pair. (I'm trying! lol)

#9 ·
Impressive equipment, nice job and yeah would like to see pics of the screen in action. Must be awesome to play dead space on it,lol.

#10 ·
Here are some snapshots.....

Wall-E

Up

Apple TV

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat
Impressive equipment, nice job and yeah would like to see pics of the screen in action. Must be awesome to play dead space on it,lol.
Dead Space 2 on this system is INSANE!!!! INSANE!! lol. Takes horror to a whole new level. (shivers)

I have a few screenshots up now. Might post some gaming screenshots up later.

#12 ·
Wow! You have a great system. How do you like the Klipsch speakers? Mine are not as grown up as yours. I as you can see on page. I'm slowly upgrading as the finance committee (the wife) allows. How do you find the sound from the subs with them positioned next to the couch? I have a single sub next to mine.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 /forum/post/20042421

Wow! You have a great system. How do you like the Klipsch speakers? Mine are not as grown up as yours. I as you can see on page. I'm slowly upgrading as the finance committee (the wife) allows. How do you find the sound from the subs with them positioned next to the couch? I have a single sub next to mine.

Thanks for checking out the system! I love the Klipsch Speakers completely. There's something about horn-loaded tweeters that's pure magic. Ahh, the finance committe! lol--I'm stacking up all my theater gear BEFORE I get married, because I know it gets hard once the ball and chain are attached.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/20043698

Great looking system. I love seeing family room hts like yours.

Greetings! Thanks...there's something cool about getting two uses from one space!

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast /forum/post/20044085

Thanks for checking out the system! I love the Klipsch Speakers completely. There's something about horn-loaded tweeters that's pure magic. Ahh, the finance committe! lol--I'm stacking up all my theater gear BEFORE I get married, because I know it gets hard once the ball and chain are attached.

I like to think of it as a Challenge, but get as much as you can now!

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaschm /forum/post/20048524

Where in the room is that rack located, can't tell from the pics? Cool set up, been looking at the Emotiva and Integra combination myself

The integra and the Emotiva mesh well together, and I'm not just saying that because I own them. Prior to getting the Integra DHC-80.2, I used a Denon AVR 4310 as a Pre-Amp, and it was nothing compared to the openness of the Integra. If you do go for that combination, you will be thoroughly satisfied!!

I know the contrast in the room/rack picture is ridiculously high (sorry about that), but the equipment closet is literally located directly behind the room itself.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic /forum/post/20049019

Love it! Nice gear, and very clean! I'm thinking of adding a second sub. How is 5.2 compared to 5.1? I know it depends on the room, but in your situation? Also I can't put them opposite, I can only have them both located at the front.

Thanks

Thank ye, kind sir! 5.2 is definitely better than 5.1, but the difference isn't mind-blowing. The bass is definitely more evenly distributed, as i now viscerally FEEL the bass is all around me during movie scenes, as opposed to with the 5.1 which still sounded great, but didn't carry that "feeling." (Theres a scene in Transformers 1 between the 1:55:00-1:56:00 mark that will test the prowess of any bass system. Check it out if you own the blu-ray. I use that scene as a benchmark for subwoofer placement/sound quality)

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast /forum/post/0

The integra and the Emotiva mesh well together, and I'm not just saying that because I own them. Prior to getting the Integra DHC-80.2, I used a Denon AVR 4310 as a Pre-Amp, and it was nothing compared to the openness of the Integra. If you do go for that combination, you will be thoroughly satisfied!!

I know the contrast in the room/rack picture is ridiculously high (sorry about that), but the equipment closet is literally located directly behind the room itself.

Yea the only thing I'm unsure of is the combination of amps.

For a 5.1 should I:

A.) xpa-5

B.) xpa-2 + xpa-3

C.) 2x xpa-1 + xpa-3

Etc....

Sorry to highjack the thread

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaschm /forum/post/20052056

Yea the only thing I'm unsure of is the combination of amps.

For a 5.1 should I:

A.) xpa-5

B.) xpa-2 + xpa-3

C.) 2x xpa-1 + xpa-3

Etc....

Sorry to highjack the thread

No need to apologize! We're all passionate about home theater!!! The above choices are all good--Now, if cost is not an issue, definitely go with Choice C. That's the best performance hands down. If cost is an option, I'd suggest going with Choice A if you plan on upgrading your amp within the next 5 years. Go with B if you're not sure. You can't go wrong with any one. Personally, i plan on upgrading to an Anthem Statement P5 Amp withiin the next 6 months or so--I've had the XPA-5 for about a year or so, and it's a spectacular amp. The only reason I'm upgrading is because I plan on building a dedicated theater in my next house, so I'm collecting the high-end gear piece by piece two or three years early.

#23 ·
I added media storage to house the Blu Ray Collection. It may not look like it, but that's 230 Blu Rays right there.

#24 ·
Just added the following equipment:

Cambridge Audio DacMagic Digital-Analog Converter

PS Audio AV5000 Power Conditioner

PS Audio PerfectWave AC5 Power Cable (For the Amplifier)

PS Audio PowerPort Premier Wall Receptacles (For each of the two 20-amp circuits I just had installed)

I'll add pictures soon.

#25 ·
Thanks for the advice man, I think what I might do is build a really nice 2 channel system with the XPA1s and then build around that by adding the XPA3 later. I'll also have to check out those Anthem amps. I'll be in Lansdown this summer, so maybe I can hit you up and you can give me a demo.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast /forum/post/20064596

Just added the following equipment:

Cambridge Audio DacMagic Digital-Analog Converter

PS Audio AV5000 Power Conditioner

PS Audio PerfectWave AC5 Power Cable (For the Amplifier)

PS Audio PowerPort Premier Wall Receptacles (For each of the two 20-amp circuits I just had installed)

I'll add pictures soon.

Hey Brolic,

Congrats on the new purchases!

The new DAC: is it intended to replace Integra's DAC's for music listening? Have you had a chance to compare them? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.