Originally Posted by drschwartz
Problem: Whenever we watch a DVD disc, the closed caption is displayed. We've determined that:
- It's not the DVD player because
- we swapped the DVD player and the CC was still displayed
It must be the dvd player because:
- you haven't mentioned anything about going into the dvd player's menu and making sure the CCs are disabled
- just because you swapped the dvd player doesn't mean the CCs were not enabled in the second player also.
My suggestions just for the heck of it:
- recheck the tv's settings, and make sure you haven't missed a little thing somewhere.
- recheck the dvd's settings same as for the tv.
Sometimes, the CC settings are dual, analog and digital. Be sure you explore every setting and turn everything off. Also, I've seen multiple settings for CC1, CC2, and so on. Cover everything, leave no stone unturned. It must be a little forgotten and hard to get to menu option.
It happened to me with a comcast box I had to go turn off CC in the firmware settings, go figure!
Good luck and be sure to post back if you solve it. If any of this helps, please send me a bottle of bourbon. I'll pay for shipping!!