New Member... Dedicated HT - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 62 Old 08-30-2016, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8terguy View Post
Great setup! I am about to start my build and your theater is almost identical in size. Would you mind telling me where you got the wall covering and the black covering for the screen as well? I am looking at doing the exact same thing.
The wall covering was already there when I bought the house. It appears to simply be gray commercial carpet glued to the drywall.

The screen wall fabric is FR701. From Guilfords of Maine. (GOM). It's acoustically transparent and like burlap. Most people find something from Joanns Fabrics that will work. Search the forum for options.

Enjoy your build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 11-14-2016, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt1822 View Post
Great looking HT, I stumbled onto your thread while reading BIGs Minimalist screen wall design thread. I have a room similar to yours and also will have carpet over concrete on the floor under the screen wall with no stage. How did you end up dealing with the center supports, are they just sitting on the floor? If so is the support from the walls and ceiling enough to keep the wall from moving?

Thanks!

I followed BIGs basic designs for the false wall. The two upright supports are "L" shaped with square caps on each end. I screwed through the caps into the ceiling with drywall screws and into the carpet/concrete with concrete screws. Frankly, you may not need to screw into the carpet and ceiling if you measure them correctly. Mine were pretty tight and needed to be slightly bent to get into position. I bit of trial and error. The carpet and pad will give enough to not have a bow in the boards, and will hold them pretty securely. The screws into the ceiling etc. are really only there to prevent movement from being bumped.

Tying it all together with the cross spans will make everything solid.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration