post #61 of 67 Old 09-30-2011, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737 View Post

Nice set up with your system. Like the photo of with the grills off and love the shot of the old Marantz. Why is it that the older stuff with the meters and lights looks cooler then most of the new stuff...

Thanks man. They don't make em like they used to! The Marantz is actually a little older than me. I did finally sell it. I had way to much stereo equipment. The old school Marantz are some of my favorite receivers looks wise. I kind of like their new ones too but they will never be as good as the 70s pieces. I also love the look of McIntosh gear but its way out of my price range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdems83 View Post

Very nice setup, classic and modern look looks great. how are the dual subs working out for you even though they're different brands? Are they different size speakers as well?

It is ridiculous to feel that one needs to have a sub match the same company as main speakers. The only reason I can think that MIGHT be somewhat of an advantage is if you got a cheap/really inferior sub, and the sub's bass was little or no deeper than what your mains could go down to (better quality mains).

There is such thing as a crossover....
post #63 of 67 Old 12-17-2011, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post

It is ridiculous to feel that one needs to have a sub match the same company as main speakers. The only reason I can think that MIGHT be somewhat of an advantage is if you got a cheap/really inferior sub, and the sub's bass was little or no deeper than what your mains could go down to (better quality mains).

There is such thing as a crossover....

He was referring to my subs back when I had 2 different ones. Ive since changed to 2 JBLs but back when he posted I had a klipsch and a def tech sub. He was just asking if it was a problem with having two different brands of subs and not the subs matching the mains. I can see the confusion now that I have the two matching subs.
post #64 of 67 Old 01-13-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Those paradigm speakers look HAWTT. You running grills off? or do you prefer them on?

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #65 of 67 Old 01-16-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Those paradigm speakers look HAWTT. You running grills off? or do you prefer them on?

Thanks. The grills stay on most of the time unless I'm showing them to someone. I do love the look of the studios. The v5 are even better.
post #66 of 67 Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Liked: 10
Your old TV looks like my old TV. I just got rid of a Mitsubishi WS-65313 when I moved from Colorado to North Carolina. 330lbs doesn't travel well, and it was getting quite long in the tooth.

I just bought a Panasonic 65" ST50 and am waiting on delivery now. Maybe I'll take some photos and make a home theater post when I get it all assembled. (New receiver, BR player, stand, sub, etc.)
post #67 of 67 Old 08-10-2012, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondola View Post

Your old TV looks like my old TV. I just got rid of a Mitsubishi WS-65313 when I moved from Colorado to North Carolina. 330lbs doesn't travel well, and it was getting quite long in the tooth.
I just bought a Panasonic 65" ST50 and am waiting on delivery now. Maybe I'll take some photos and make a home theater post when I get it all assembled. (New receiver, BR player, stand, sub, etc.)

It's funny that Mitsubishi was one of the best looking TVs I've had until I got the Panasonic. I'm looking at the 65st50 as well. I will wait until Christmas time to see what prices are then and probably upgrade. The ST50 seems to be quite a bit better with black levels than the ST30 and the extra 10 inches would be welcome. Let me know when you post your theater.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page