The beginning....my townhouse living room HT setup starts taking shape... :) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have just setup my Home Theatre again recently in my living room after receiving my Panasonic 60ST30. My setup consists of:

60ST30 Panny TV
Marantz SR9600 receiver
Sony S550 BD player
Sony PS3
Marantz CV6001 5-disc universal player (has faroudja and outputs 1080p over HDMI...proving to work well actually)
PSB Image speakers:
T65 front towers
C60 centre (placed vertically)
S50 side surrounds
B15 rear surrounds
Mirage BPS-400 subwoofer
Technics integrated amp to be used for bass shakers (right now it's just a stand for my centre channel speaker!)

To be completed:

New drapes to replace the ugly one's and add light control for day viewing.
Floor covering...area rug/carpet.
Light control for the opening to the hallway and the "doorway" to the kitchen.
Paint walls a darker tone.
Kanto fully articulating TV wall mount.
Wall mounts for rear surround speakers.
More permanent mounting for side surrounds, be they stands, ceiling mounts or wall mounts...TBD
Proper use of AV stand or stands for AV components.
Bass shakers on futons....but eventually...
Sofas to replace futons...and bass shakers on sofas.
Coffee table or tables.

I have not finalized the height of the TV or the exact placement of the speakers and subwoofers, including the side and rear surround speakers. The side speakers will be placed more evenly with the right speaker sticking out a little more into the room, and both side speakers moving a little more forward into the room. The rear surround speakers will be mounted more closely in height to the side speakers, up on the wall using speaker wall-mounts.

Equipment will be sifted through and hopefully thinned out. I have numerous 5-disc carousel cd and dvd players, a BFD and other equipment that I may or may not keep. I may or may not keep my DVDO VP-50 and SDI Panasonic 5 disc CP-72 dvd player. I may add an Oppo 93 to either replace the Sony S550 or send it for use in another room. If I add an Oppo I may get rid of the PS3 as I just don't play games enough. I bought it for it's 3D capability and realized it won't work with my older receiver. This is just a rough setup to start with, but the sound is good and the TV looks pretty good. Longer term I am hoping to install a Front Projector.

Note the extra woofers on the futon! Sometimes they add unwanted sound effects such as snoring, and/or barking. If a dog barks in the movie, 99% of the time, they bark. They even sort of watch the movie when not sleeping. The devil dogs.

These rough and blurry pictures will serve as a starting point to refer back to. Things like the ugly drapes and un-finalized placement and organizing of equipment, and the too light paint will eventually be changed. As I make more and more changes, finalizing placement, adding and changing things as I go, I will post updates and add more photo's.
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-30-2011, 04:09 PM

Liked: 10
Nice start. Your "to be completed list" sounds like it is going to turn out great. Will enjoy watching this come together.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-31-2011, 07:52 AM

Liked: 31
Nice start...

The very next Item I would invest in would be a nice AV stand... it makes a huge difference on so many levels, you have your main components in place, no need to upgrade at this point.

Best buy is having a big Jan sale coming up...

Wire management

Dogs look like they need a new year resolution... diet and exercise
Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page