My loft theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-29-2012, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all!

Here are some picks from the beginning of my small theater build to my current set up. I started out with Bose 901 fronts, an Infinity center and Bose 201 for rears and an 8" yamaha sub. I used a yamaha Rx-v595 to power it. The screen is 106" and an Epson 8100 projector. The whole thing worked but not good enough.

I had to upgrade and am very happy with my new sound setup. Polk RtiA3 and CsiA6 for the fronts. I've installed 8" Yamaha in-ceiling for rears. Just recently choose to upgrade from the Yamaha sub to a Bic f12. I am running it all with a Denon Avr890. It is a huge improvement in sound quality. I moved all the equipment to another room to give a cleaner look. I use a harmony 1100 to control it all through rf.

The A6 sends out some awesome sound and with my new f12 and the A3's it ties everything together! The movies are amazing. I am 70 movie and 30 music right now.

For my source I use an atv2 and a lg bluray player. I have an xbox 360 mostly for racing. And that's another story on the big screen!

I think my next move will be to upgrade the fronts to RtiA5's or to 7's. Not sure. And move the rtiA3 to the rears. The height of the fronts will be an issue in relation to my screen. So I will have to look at that set up. Like I said very pleased with my set up but always looking to improve and upgrade as I go.

There are a lot of amazing set ups out here in AVS! I've picked up some great tips and ideas as well from other forum members and their posts. Thx.

Please let me know what you think or leave any comments.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Nice setup. I'm pretty sure we have the exact same screen and projector which I've always found to be great for image quality. Do those blinds behind you pose much of an issue or do they get the room pretty dark for daytime movie viewing?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 AM

Great set up mate
post #4 of 6 Old 06-18-2013, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

A few updates, expanded front soundstage, added front heights. Upgrading screen from 106 to 120 soon.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcht View Post

A few updates, expanded front soundstage, added front heights. Upgrading screen from 106 to 120 soon.

How do you find the sound after the addition?

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #6 of 6 Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Nice Sanus stand. I see we have similar tastes in tv furniture. smile.gif
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Bose 201 V Stereo Loudspeakers Pair Black , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector V11h336120 , Polk Audio Rti A3 Bookshelf Speakers , Polk Audio Csi A6 Center Channel Speaker , Bic America F12 12 Inch 475 Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer , Denon Avr890 7 1 Channel Multi Zone Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page