Aldiallo's Livingroom HT setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 55 Old 06-26-2012, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi all,

My name is Alex (call me Al), I live a few miles away from Paris, France, been into HT since 2002.

I was passing by and I saw some light so decided to come in! rolleyes.gif and after seeing all the great setups you guys have I decided to share mine which is actually under mutation.

I'm moving into a new appartement so decided to renew some of my gear, as I'm a nice guy tongue.gif I'll spare you the details of all my previous gear and stick to the actual and the incoming one, that way I'm sure you won't fall a sleep!! biggrin.gif

At present time all the video sources are connected to the Crystalio for the video and to the Krell for the sound, once the Onkyo gets home only the Oppo and the Onkyo will be connected directly to the Crystalio.

any advise or critics are more than welcome!!

Interconnects

Taralabs RSC XLR cables (Preamp to Power amp 5.1 connection) > replaced by Adam Hall XLR cables
Tarablabs RSC RCA cables (Oppo 95 to Preamp 5.1connection) > replaced by the Wireworld HMDI cable
Belkin Tos-link cable (Sonos to preamp, will be replaced by a coaxial cabe)

HDMI Cabling

1 Real Cable
2 Wireworld Chroma 6
2 Wireworld Island 6

Source Components:

Oppo BDP-95 Universal Disc Player
Microsoft Xbox 360 (Slim)
Nintendo Wii > Replace with a Wii U, thanks Nintendo for the games backward compatibility
Freebox TV
Dune Smart D1
Sonos Digital Music System
Xbox One

Audio Processor/Power Amplifier:

Krell Showcase replaced by a Onkyo 5509
2 Parasound Halo A23 power amps replaced by a NuForce MCH200 5CH

Video Processor:

Crystalio II VPS 3100 currently using the scaler integrated to the Onkyo until I get my hands on a Lumagen

Display:

LG 50PK950 Plasma wiil be replaced by a 55 or a 60 4K 65 " screen.

Speakers:

Kef IQ90 (LR)
Kef IQ30 (SR & SL) replaced by Kef Q800DS
Kef Q600C

Subwoofer:

Mosquito Absolute D10

Remote control:

Philips Pronto TSU-9600 + RFX 9600 might be replaced by a Crestron system......in a distant future smile.gif > Currently looking into Iviewer and Irule to repalce the old mighty Pronto

Power Conditioning

TBD

Power Cabling

TBD

I'll post some pics later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Le pics or it didn't Le happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 55 Old 06-29-2012, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Le pics or it didn't Le happen.
Sorry dude, didn't get a chance to it before but check the next post as the pics are coming your way.wink.gif
post #4 of 55 Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

This is the actual gear, it's home for the next 2 weeks and in 2 weeks time, new appartement and the pre-amp and power amp will be in the new home.

post #5 of 55 Old 07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Hey, just curious to see if you've got your gear setup in your new apartment yet?

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #6 of 55 Old 07-28-2012, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Brolic,

All the new gear is ready to be install, I'm only waiting for the delivery of the rack to put them in. it was meant to be delivered last week but the company I bought it from had some technical issues so it won't be delivered until next week, so in the mean time no music, no movies, no nothing. frown.gif

Hopefully it should all be good next weekend so new pics coming down the road.smile.gif
post #7 of 55 Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

The new rack arriving next tuesday so hopefully I'll get all the system installed on tuesday or wednesday night, I've also just purchased 2 pairs of wireworld hmdi cable (2 island 6 and 2 chroma 6) they should get home saturday or monday so I'm looking forward to have everything set by middle of next week.

you can see below the rack I'm waiting for, as this will be in the living room I wanted to have a nice design rack.smile.gif

Next month I'll replace the main power cords of the pre-amp, amp and bluray player and I might stick with the Wireworld brand and go for the Stratus or the Aurora and also get a good digital coax cable for the Sonos.
post #8 of 55 Old 08-02-2012, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

That looks like a great stand, and your gear is already spectacular. I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together! Also, great buy on those Wireworld cables. I've been eying them for a couple weeks now.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #9 of 55 Old 08-02-2012, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Brolic, actually it was your advise of choosing a pair of each that made me pull the trigger! hehe wink.gif So I have to say Thank you buddy!!
post #10 of 55 Old 08-04-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I am wondering how the Nuforce sounds compared to the Parasound?

post #11 of 55 Old 08-05-2012, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Hi DrewTT,

I'll give you a more detailed answer in a few days when I get all the gear installed but what I can say right now is that the NuForce sounds a more musical.
post #12 of 55 Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

The cables and the rack arrived yesterday, I took a pic of the cables and will take a pic of the rack after I finish installing it today.

Hopefully tonight I might be able to install all the gear inside and start enjoying it.smile.gif

here are the cables:

post #13 of 55 Old 08-08-2012, 03:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Looking gooooood!!!!!!! I'm sure the wireworlds will look and perform quite well in the rack. Even in their packaging, their aesthetic value is quite high!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #14 of 55 Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Looking gooooood!!!!!!! I'm sure the wireworlds will look and perform quite well in the rack. Even in their packaging, their aesthetic value is quite high!

Hey Brolic,

Hope you're doing good!

I said to myself the same thing when I got them out of box they came in, now I need to get everything installed and hopefully some pics will come down this way tomorrow morning at the latest.smile.gif
post #15 of 55 Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Well finally I didn't had the time to complete the whole install last night but I did pretty much 80% of the work, so here you have a few teasers pics

The rack:

The pre-amp:

The gear:

sorry for the poor quality as this was takne with my phone, once I'm done with the installation I'll use a decent camera!smile.gif

The remaining task is basically completing the cabling which we'll probably take a little more than 1h if I want to have a nice cable management setup, I also might need to make some changes as I'll need to get at least the xbox inside as well which will only leave the cable box outside !cool.gif
post #16 of 55 Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Al, that stand is extremely clean and extremely gorgeous! I may need to pick something like that up for my upstairs media room.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #17 of 55 Old 08-09-2012, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Al, that stand is extremely clean and extremely gorgeous! I may need to pick something like that up for my upstairs media room.

Thanks Brolic,

for your reference the rack is Italian made, called Munari and model is MI330

here's a link to their website:

Munari

One question for you mate, how your Sonos connecting to your Integra, coaxial or toslink?

thanks in advance
post #18 of 55 Old 08-09-2012, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiallo View Post

Thanks Brolic,
for your reference the rack is Italian made, called Munari and model is MI330
here's a link to their website:
Munari
One question for you mate, how your Sonos connecting to your Integra, coaxial or toslink?
thanks in advance

Thanks for the stand info. Im definitely going to cjeck it out.

My Sonos is connected by toslink to a DAC (Cambridge Audio DacMagic), which connects to the Integra via analog cables (I listen to the Sonos in 2-channel w/ sub)

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #19 of 55 Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks for the stand info. Im definitely going to cjeck it out.
My Sonos is connected by toslink to a DAC (Cambridge Audio DacMagic), which connects to the Integra via analog cables (I listen to the Sonos in 2-channel w/ sub)
thanks for the info, I completly forgot that you had the Cambridge Magic Dac tongue.gif
post #20 of 55 Old 08-10-2012, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Spent a little more than 5 hours trying to sort my cabling but no use, I'll need to review the complete gear installation and might have to invest on a 2nd rack to put some of the devices.

The major issue is that the back of the rack is close with only 3 small opening for the cables and air flow and the depth of the main elements (pre-amp, amp and oppo) with the xlr cable reaches the edges of the rack putting tension on the cables and prevents de door to close.

I got to admit that the the cables I have are not that flexible which in this case doesn't helps at all, I'lm also concerned about the heat produce by both the ampl and pre-amp as they're the ones that tend to heat the most so I'll review everything on my mind over the weekend and start from scratch next week as I'll be on holidays and will have all of the necessary time to do this!

@Brolic,

Concerning the Sonos, not sure if you were aware of this but have a look at the below links as they might be of interrest for you.

Sonos upgrade
post #21 of 55 Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:

Spent a little more than 5 hours trying to sort my cabling but no use,[/URL]

I hate cabling after awhile it does my head in, I become impatient, im making errors and the cursing starts to come in full force especially when it 2+ hours that's when I wish I just stuck with stereo.

Frank

post #22 of 55 Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 AM
CIH USER

Ive never commented on your equipment Al, very nice and I like the look of the rack very modern. Very nice, well done smile.gif

Frank

post #23 of 55 Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Spent a little more than 5 hours trying to sort my cabling but no use, I'll need to review the complete gear installation and might have to invest on a 2nd rack to put some of the devices.
The major issue is that the back of the rack is close with only 3 small opening for the cables and air flow and the depth of the main elements (pre-amp, amp and oppo) with the xlr cable reaches the edges of the rack putting tension on the cables and prevents de door to close.
I got to admit that the the cables I have are not that flexible which in this case doesn't helps at all, I'lm also concerned about the heat produce by both the ampl and pre-amp as they're the ones that tend to heat the most so I'll review everything on my mind over the weekend and start from scratch next week as I'll be on holidays and will have all of the necessary time to do this!
@Brolic,
Concerning the Sonos, not sure if you were aware of this but have a look at the below links as they might be of interrest for you.
Sonos upgrade

Cabling is the most necessary, but the most tedious aspect of Home Theater! I'm sure it's probably a leading cause of violence and disconcert throughout the world!
Speaking of cables, I have four WireWorld Chroma 6 HDMI cables on the way. How do they look in person?

Man, that sonos site is awesome! I'm going to contact them and see about sending my ZP90's in (if they do business in the US).

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #24 of 55 Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thakns Franin, to be honest the swearing started after 45minutes!! tongue.gif

Brolic,

I have to say that those Wireworld look great, I'll post a pics of them shortly so you can see how they look like.
post #25 of 55 Old 08-14-2012, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Here you go Brolic,

post #26 of 55 Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Thakns Franin, to be honest the swearing started after 45minutes!! tongue.gif

Lol i know what you went through mate. Organising cables are ht enthuiasts nightmare.

Frank

post #27 of 55 Old 08-14-2012, 06:37 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Here you go Brolic,

I like them. There very flexible? compared to the standard type?

Frank

post #28 of 55 Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Yes they are.
post #29 of 55 Old 08-14-2012, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Thankss for the pics Al! Those cables are looking quite nice and sleek! Mine are coming tomorrow!!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #30 of 55 Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

I'm finally done with the cabling!biggrin.gif

I'll post a pic shortly smile.gif
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Slim Power Supply Ac Adapter Bulk Packaging , Dune Hd Tv303d Wifi 3d Streamer , Onkyo Prsc5509 9 2 Channel 3d Ready Preamplifier , Lg 50pk550c 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Kef Iq90bl Floor Standing Speaker Single Black , Kef Q800dsch Dipole Speaker Pair Cherry , Kef Q600cwa Center Channel Speaker Walnut

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page