Gorilla83's Humble Basement Hangout - Page 26 - AVS Forum
First ... 24  25  26 27  28  ... Last
What's Your System Configuration > Gorilla83's Humble Basement Hangout
beastaudio's Avatar beastaudio 12:35 PM 07-08-2014
OOOO Mid august eh?!?!

Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 12:39 PM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Yea or even just since my first trip up there! Whoa! I really need to make a thread with all of my changes and such. Right now they are sitting on like 3 different SD cards, dropbox, here, harddrives on two different PC's etc. Consolidation is a must for me right now....
With this in mind, I thought it might be fun to highlight some of the drastic changes in the room since inception - you should do the same!

After moving in - circa 2010 - 65" Mistu DLP, Black Raymour couches, yellow walls, Polk monitor and sub, etc.

Paint walls, build 'risers' for speaker stands. Install first projector, 120" jamestown screen, swap speakers for Deftech all around. Loved my first big screen.

Move to JTR Captivators - wow! Wish I had some pics of these handy.

Build new mains - DIYSG Sentinels and new subs - Dayton sealed 18s. Add basic wall and back sound treatments

Build AT screen and false wall - now we're getting serious!

Swap Sentinels for Yorkville U215 LCR

Add riser and cutout for equipment

Add black ceiling, grid, and full on treatments of ceiling and walls - WIN!

Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 12:41 PM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
LOOKS EXCELLENT!

I'm glad you are liking the change! I can't believe you placed 78 tiles in just a few hours! (including cuttouts for lights HVAC vents, etc).

Talk about efficient...

I'm looking forward to checking out your space next time I come out to PA - which is likely going to be mid August. When the details are ironed out on our trip, I'll see when/if you are avail for a quick drop in.
Quote:
OOOO Mid august eh?!?!
Hmm...something brewing??

Jonathan - Any idea on dates yet? I think the only things we have planned are a 1st bday party on the 16th and my sons party on the 23rd.
popalock's Avatar popalock 01:13 PM 07-08-2014
Quote:
LOOKS EXCELLENT!

I'm glad you are liking the change! I can't believe you placed 78 tiles in just a few hours! (including cuttouts for lights HVAC vents, etc).

Talk about efficient...

I'm looking forward to checking out your space next time I come out to PA - which is likely going to be mid August. When the details are ironed out on our trip, I'll see when/if you are avail for a quick drop in.
Dammit...going to juuuust miss you.
NWCgrad's Avatar NWCgrad 01:59 PM 07-08-2014
Jonathon, cool to see you will be coming back East. Would be nice to hear about your new house.

I was looking at real estate in KC at work yesterday. ..4 years until I can drop anchor and retire from tbe navy.
craig john's Avatar craig john 10:19 PM 07-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
With this in mind, I thought it might be fun to highlight some of the drastic changes in the room since inception - you should do the same!

After moving in - circa 2010 - 65" Mistu DLP, Black Raymour couches, yellow walls, Polk monitor and sub, etc.

Paint walls, build 'risers' for speaker stands. Install first projector, 120" jamestown screen, swap speakers for Deftech all around. Loved my first big screen.

Move to JTR Captivators - wow! Wish I had some pics of these handy.

Build new mains - DIYSG Sentinels and new subs - Dayton sealed 18s. Add basic wall and back sound treatments

Build AT screen and false wall - now we're getting serious!

Swap Sentinels for Yorkville U215 LCR

Add riser and cutout for equipment

Add black ceiling, grid, and full on treatments of ceiling and walls - WIN!
I had the unique pleasure of experiencing this incredible HT today. Thank you, Andrew!!! I can honestly say that I had the most *INTENSE* home theater experience I've ever had in an HT environment!

First, we listened to some Danley SH-50's supplied by forum member "klipsch." These were a stereo pair and we listened exclusively in 2-channel mode. These speakers provided excellent coverage of the entire room, with massive, (seemingly limitless), output capability. Nonetheless, I had a hard time finding a "sweet spot" where the imaging came together with the massive soundstage to provide a seamless and 3D frontal soundstage. We played around some with aiming and toe-in, and eventually found a placement that provided an excellent central image from the sweet spot. This ended up being a placement with L and R aimed to intersect in front of the primary listening position. Nonetheless, in that "sweet spot" the image came together and was exceptional. Outside of that sweet spot" everything still sounded exceptional, but the imaging of sounds within the 3D space was lost, as well as placement of instruments and vocals in relation to each other. (Of couse, this is no different than virtually ALL other speaker systems in small rooms. Once you get out of the sweet spot, the imagining goes out the window.)

Next we replaced the Danley's with 'rilla's Yorkvilles. The first thing he put on was a Metallica concert... Into The Never. He cue'd up a song... I think it was called "One"... He cranked the volume to +15!!!

OM F'n G!!! I was FUC#@* BLOWN AWAY!!!

I am not a Metallica fan, but this was the most amazing thing I've ever seen or heard on a Home Theater system. I have NEVER tried to push my system to these extremes. In fact, I didn't know these extremes were even possible. I was literally laughing out loud, giggling like a schoolkid, while at the same time shaking my head at the INSANE levels we were listening to. I had to cover my ears it was so loud. But still, it was so clean and undistorted. The Bass was tactile... on a concrete floor without tactile transducers. The mid-bass had incredible PUNCH and KICK IN THE CHEST.

To be honest, this was more performance and output than I would ever want for my own Home Theater. I would never even personally demo my system at these kinds of levels. Nonetheless, it was interesting and REALLY fun to experience what a high output, high sensitivity system is capable of.

Thank you Andrew, (and klipsch!)!!! It was a great day and an eye/ear opening experience, to be sure!!!

Craig
Archaea's Avatar Archaea 11:09 PM 07-12-2014
Hahaha. Rilla, you are something else. +15? Eight 18" Subs running hot?

Glad you enjoyed yourself Craig. It sounds like fun!
JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 07:55 AM 07-13-2014
Quote:

Craig will be unable to answer you - Andrew blasted him into a parallel universe with that demo...

JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 07:57 AM 07-13-2014
Quote:
Very cool retrospective showing just how far you've taken that room.
Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 07:58 AM 07-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
I had the unique pleasure of experiencing this incredible HT today. Thank you, Andrew!!! I can honestly say that I had the most *INTENSE* home theater experience I've ever had in an HT environment!

Thank you Andrew, (and klipsch!)!!! It was a great day and an eye/ear opening experience, to be sure!!!

Craig
Craig - It was really great seeing you again and I had a blast hosting you. Hopefully you weren't too scarred from your experience, but it sounds like it will be memorable. Let it be known that those were "demo only" types of volumes, but it's interesting to see what they can do every so often. My ears are still a little numb this morning, haha. I was even a little surprised at how cleanly everything played at those volumes since it's rare I get to crank my gear like that!

Let it be known that Craig went home with a FP14K clone to power his....mains!!

It was great seeing Dave again, great meeting David B. and Justin for the first time as well. I always love hosting these type of events. This particular "mini-GTG" was really cool because I got to spend 95% of my time listening vs. setup, measurements, etc that typically are pre-reqs of these events. It is also eye/ear opening to hear different styles of music that I wouldn't normally get a chance to hear.

Can't wait for the next round.
JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 09:48 AM 07-13-2014
Quote:
Very cool retropsective showing just how far you've taken that room.
Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 05:50 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Very cool retropsective showing just how far you've taken that room.
Thanks Jim! It would be sad to add up the number of hours I have into the room at this point, heh.
Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 05:54 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:

We did quick/dirty Audyssey runs mainly for distance settings, etc for each pair. I proceeded to bump up the subs as I do normally. If I recall they were 6-8db hot for most of the tracks? On some tracks that was overkill so we adjusted accordingly until it sounded best. It was LOUD for the few final tracks though!

For Brandon/ @beastaudio - We tried Auddy on/off with the 50's and surprisingly there wasn't a huge difference either way. It must not be jacking with too many cuts/boost in my room I guess? Odd. We did leave it off for most of the listening though.

We tried the same with my Yorkvilles, and I must have gotten a couple bad sweeps because it sounded awful. We left Audyssey off for most of the listening with these guys and it sounded way better. After the guys left and the next morning (Sunday) I re-ran the sweeps and it improved drastically? WTF. I did take more positions around the main LP (6 sweeps vs. 2) so that could have helped I guess.
imagic's Avatar imagic 05:55 AM 07-14-2014
How soon can I stop by? My guess is it's HToM-worthy... I wanna check it out!
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 06:33 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:

It was great seeing Dave again, great meeting David B. and Justin for the first time as well. I always love hosting these type of events. This particular "mini-GTG" was really cool because I got to spend 95% of my time listening vs. setup, measurements, etc that typically are pre-reqs of these events. It is also eye/ear opening to hear different styles of music that I wouldn't normally get a chance to hear.

Can't wait for the next round.
It was a good time. I also cannot wait to do it again. I love these GTG's. It was a pleasure meeting all the guys, just a nice relaxing day and great audio. Andrew's theater sounds great as usual, even better now with the new ceiling. All the subs behind the screen really seems to have enhanced that chest pounding bass. Good stuff all around. The Danley's really sounded good this time around. I had felt like I liked the 212's a little better the last time we compared the two, but just listing to the Danleys this time, I think they sounded great.

Quote:
The first thing he put on was a Metallica concert... Into The Never. He cue'd up a song... I think it was called "One"... He cranked the volume to +15!!!

OM F'n G!!! I was FUC#@* BLOWN AWAY!!!

I am not a Metallica fan, but this was the most amazing thing I've ever seen or heard on a Home Theater system. I have NEVER tried to push my system to these extremes. In fact, I didn't know these extremes were even possible. I was literally laughing out loud, giggling like a schoolkid, while at the same time shaking my head at the INSANE levels we were listening to. I had to cover my ears it was so loud. But still, it was so clean and undistorted. The Bass was tactile... on a concrete floor without tactile transducers. The mid-bass had incredible PUNCH and KICK IN THE CHEST.

To be honest, this was more performance and output than I would ever want for my own Home Theater. I would never even personally demo my system at these kinds of levels. Nonetheless, it was interesting and REALLY fun to experience what a high output, high sensitivity system is capable of.

Craig
Haha. When I went to Brandons for the NC meet back in April the highlight for me was the same exact track from the Metallica "In through the never" Blu Ray. I had said the same thing that it was the best HT experience I have had yet. The best part is I just relived it. I have to say that In through the never "One" should be the goto disc for any H/T demo. Anybody iffy on pro audio speakers and multiple subs will surly have a different opinion after that demo, that is for sure.
Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 07:03 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
It was a good time. I also cannot wait to do it again. I love these GTG's. It was a pleasure meeting all the guys, just a nice relaxing day and great audio. Andrew's theater sounds great as usual, even better now with the new ceiling. All the subs behind the screen really seems to have enhanced that chest pounding bass. Good stuff all around. The Danley's really sounded good this time around. I had felt like I liked the 212's a little better the last time we compared the two, but just listing to the Danleys this time, I think they sounded great.

Haha. When I went to Brandons for the NC meet back in April the highlight for me was the same exact track from the Metallica "In through the never" Blu Ray. I had said the same thing that it was the best HT experience I have had yet. The best part is I just relived it. I have to say that In through the never "One" should be the goto disc for any H/T demo. Anybody iffy on pro audio speakers and multiple subs will surly have a different opinion after that demo, that is for sure.
Great seeing you as always, Dave. I'm glad you guys enjoys these events as much as I do. It's cool to crank some tunes, experience new music/tracks/scenes, eat some junk food, drink beer, and catch up with each other and/or meet new faces. Stay tuned for August.
Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 07:16 AM 07-14-2014
Also figured I would share some pics of the treatments I finished hanging last Friday and updated pictures of the room.

Here are the panels I used for the ceiling - these are the thinner 5/8" thick panels I had left over. I used up all of the 1" thick panels above the listening area and in front of the speakers. The best way I can describe the black area of the panels is that it looks/feels like a deep black felt. The fiberglass section is just like rigid fiberboard, like the owens corning products.

And of the room and side treatments added:

room

left wall

right wall

Attached: IMG_3016.jpg (149.3 KB)  IMG_3017.jpg (175.3 KB)  IMG_3022.jpg (134.7 KB)  IMG_3038.jpg (175.0 KB)  IMG_3032.jpg (153.1 KB)  IMG_3039.jpg (150.4 KB) 
beastaudio's Avatar beastaudio 08:07 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I am going to say that yes, it in fact is Another great looking DIY build out! I guess us guys in the middle of nowhere don't get to be in the running, so I cast my vote for Rilla! Haha
imagic's Avatar imagic 08:20 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
I am going to say that yes, it in fact is Another great looking DIY build out! I guess us guys in the middle of nowhere don't get to be in the running, so I cast my vote for Rilla! Haha
Sure you do! Send pics and specs...
ChrisFB's Avatar ChrisFB 08:34 AM 07-14-2014
Looks great. Love the documented evolution. It's come a long way and you could probably change the thread to "Being Bitten by the Bug."

Also noted the "real" rack in your gym setup (note sure if there was an updated picture or any changes to that in here too). I need to move badly. I want my own gym and an updated theater. That said I'm lucky enough to have full Power-Lift racks and integrated OL platforms (bumpers and decent bars) at my local spot. We also have a few private gyms with monolifts, belt squats, reverse hypers, and all kinds of other stuff. That said for a working/traveling dude with kids a home base setup would sure be a nice supplement.
Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 09:05 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Thanks B! Let's catch up today or tomorrow and I'll fill you in some more from this weekend, heh. Also I can continue to press/nag you about August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFB View Post
Looks great. Love the documented evolution. It's come a long way and you could probably change the thread to "Being Bitten by the Bug."

Also noted the "real" rack in your gym setup (note sure if there was an updated picture or any changes to that in here too). I need to move badly. I want my own gym and an updated theater. That said I'm lucky enough to have full Power-Lift racks and integrated OL platforms (bumpers and decent bars) at my local spot. We also have a few private gyms with monolifts, belt squats, reverse hypers, and all kinds of other stuff. That said for a working/traveling dude with kids a home base setup would sure be a nice supplement.
Thanks for stopping in Chris! I used to travel 50ish weeks per year which is the whole reason I started building out a home gym. I used to supplement with a regular membership somewhere else, but now myself and 1-2 other guys (depending on availability) train at my place regularly. I haven't done any meets in a year or so since my son was born (sadly), but we're always experimenting with new torturous methods of training. Perhaps I should order a new pair of JTR 215s and justify them to the wife for training purposes? Carrying them up and down my hill repeatedly is sure to generate some sweat.
JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 12:56 PM 07-14-2014
Quote:
The Danley's really sounded good this time around. I had felt like I liked the 212's a little better the last time we compared the two, but just listing to the Danleys this time, I think they sounded great.
Oh brother, we all know what that means; Dave is thinking about upgrading again!
JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 12:58 PM 07-14-2014
Quote:
It's cool to crank some tunes, experience new music/tracks/scenes, eat some junk food, drink beer

Isn't that just called Saturday?
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 06:41 PM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Oh brother, we all know what that means; Dave is thinking about upgrading again!
Haha Yep, one that knows me can say that, but not this time. I'm already committed to another upgrade. After I get the new 215's and have them for a couple of weeks I will be ready for a change

I was bummed to hear you could not make it Saturday, I was asking for you. Hopefully you can make it in August. I am also trying to put something small together in the early fall to display my theater if you are interested. Maybe an early Sunday jam session and then the Eagles game on the big screen. Not sure if your a stinking Giants fan or not, if so your off the list
JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 07:37 PM 07-14-2014
Quote:
I was bummed to hear you could not make it Saturday, I was asking for you. Hopefully you can make it in August. I am also trying to put something small together in the early fall to display my theater if you are interested. Maybe an early Sunday jam session and then the Eagles game on the big screen. Not sure if your a stinking Giants fan or not, if so your off the list
Sadly I've been working almost every friggin' Saturday since February, which is why I missed it. Hopefully by early September that crap will be behind me, so I'll definitely be up for your event.

And yes, I'm a Giants fan. But I don't bleed NY blue - I'm the type of person who just follows the local teams. All I'm after is the beer and food. You Eagles fans can at least do that properly, can't you?
craig john's Avatar craig john 09:14 PM 07-14-2014
OK, so somehow I accidentally brought home Gorilla's Metallica disk. I honestly didn't mean to. It was dark in his theater when I went to grab the disks I had brought along, and I must have picked it up by mistake.

Anyway... since I had it here... I thought I would just check it out on my system...

I set my Marantz 8801 at "0" dB or full Reference Level, toggled to the "One" track and hit "Play." WOW!

The on-stage fireworks display was awesome. The explosion at the finale' was incredible, with great percussiveness and impact. Then the band starts to play and the drum hits are recorded with incredible dynamic range. You can feel every "THWACK" of each drum hit. I thought to myself, "This sounds incredible, and if I hadn't just heard it on Andrew's system at +15, I would be overjoyed." However, I looked over at my amp and the clip lights were flashing RED RED RED!!! It was CRAZY loud in my theater at full Reference Level, and my system handled it just fine. There was no audible distortion, and nothing "broke." But that's probably approaching the limits of my system. In fact, I think my speakers can probably do more, but my amp is the limiting factor.

Nonetheless, Andrew's system went a full 15 dB beyond that!!!! Let me say that again... 15 DB!!! over Reference!

I still am having difficulty wrapping my head around that. Admittedly, it didn't sound quite as "clean" at +15 as my system did at Reference, but I think most of that was the room "groaning" at the massive SPL's. Whenever you throw 130+ dB at a residential room, any residential room, it's going to excite the structure and cause some acoustic feedback. Andrew has done a hell of a job in his room, and it sounds terrific. But anytime you put the SPL's of jet engine inside an enclosure the size of a residential room, you are absolutely going to "light up" the structure of the building. I think the "wooliness" I heard at +15 over RL was not from his speakers or subs; it was from the structure of his house complaining at trying to contain that massive SPL, especially the bass SPL's which I think were boosted even more than the +15 the speakers were outputting!

Just the fact that his amps, speakers and subs can even hit those kinds of output levels speaks volumes about the quality of his system. I would like to hear it again now that he's done a full-blown, 8-position Audyssey calibration on it.

Anyway, thanks again Andrew for having us over on Saturday. It certainly expanded my own personal audio horizons. I learned a lot from experiencing your incredible audio system. I'm not sure I need or want to take my system to the extremes to which you've taken yours', but it is certainly fascinating to see what is "possible" and what others are doing with their systems.

Craig
carp's Avatar carp 09:57 PM 07-14-2014
Another metal head is born.

Craig, just picturing you popping in Metallica and cranking it to reference in that awesome room makes me smile!

I have gone to those levels (+15ish) over reference on that blu-ray when I had my 212's, it is insane. The feeling is amazing though, it's like a burst of adrenaline or something - combine that with the fact that I LOVE everything that Metallica put out in the 80's and I'm in heaven.

The song that is most dangerous for me is Orion (all time favorite song), which they play during the credits. The volume goes up and up and up.... hmmm, going to have to be more careful now that I have the 215's.

I ran across this, gave me a chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoPYP-58SHU&feature=kp

carp's Avatar carp 10:16 PM 07-14-2014
Andrew I'm sure you have posted this, but what exactly is the sub situation now? 8 SI's or 16? All up front? I thought I saw you bought 16 but didn't know if you have them all fired up yet.

As for me I'm done messing with sub placement, I'm back up front with all 8 and that's where they will stay. If you have done the same and so has Brandon I think that says something for the all up front placement.
Gorilla83's Avatar Gorilla83 05:58 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:
OK, so somehow I accidentally brought home Gorilla's Metallica disk. I honestly didn't mean to. It was dark in his theater when I went to grab the disks I had brought along, and I must have picked it up by mistake.

Anyway... since I had it here... I thought I would just check it out on my system...

I set my Marantz 8801 at "0" dB or full Reference Level, toggled to the "One" track and hit "Play." WOW!

The on-stage fireworks display was awesome. The explosion at the finale' was incredible, with great percussiveness and impact. Then the band starts to play and the drum hits are recorded with incredible dynamic range. You can feel every "THWACK" of each drum hit. I thought to myself, "This sounds incredible, and if I hadn't just heard it on Andrew's system at +15, I would be overjoyed." However, I looked over at my amp and the clip lights were flashing RED RED RED!!! It was CRAZY loud in my theater at full Reference Level, and my system handled it just fine. There was no audible distortion, and nothing "broke." But that's probably approaching the limits of my system. In fact, I think my speakers can probably do more, but my amp is the limiting factor.

Nonetheless, Andrew's system went a full 15 dB beyond that!!!! Let me say that again... 15 DB!!! over Reference!

I still am having difficulty wrapping my head around that. Admittedly, it didn't sound quite as "clean" at +15 as my system did at Reference, but I think most of that was the room "groaning" at the massive SPL's. Whenever you throw 130+ dB at a residential room, any residential room, it's going to excite the structure and cause some acoustic feedback. Andrew has done a hell of a job in his room, and it sounds terrific. But anytime you put the SPL's of jet engine inside an enclosure the size of a residential room, you are absolutely going to "light up" the structure of the building. I think the "wooliness" I heard at +15 over RL was not from his speakers or subs; it was from the structure of his house complaining at trying to contain that massive SPL, especially the bass SPL's which I think were boosted even more than the +15 the speakers were outputting!

Just the fact that his amps, speakers and subs can even hit those kinds of output levels speaks volumes about the quality of his system. I would like to hear it again now that he's done a full-blown, 8-position Audyssey calibration on it.

Anyway, thanks again Andrew for having us over on Saturday. It certainly expanded my own personal audio horizons. I learned a lot from experiencing your incredible audio system. I'm not sure I need or want to take my system to the extremes to which you've taken yours', but it is certainly fascinating to see what is "possible" and what others are doing with their systems.

Craig
Craig - I'm glad you got to experience that disc on your own setup. Several of those tracks really are phenomenal, with "One" being my favorite. You can keep it for a few more weeks if you would like to play around with the new amp, etc? To be honest Saturday was the first time I had cranked that disc up on my setup and I've owned it for several months, LOL! That was also the first time I'd done any real listening with all subs up front, treatments in place, etc. I've still yet to do any tweaking with proper sub integration - I'm hoping to tackle some of that this weekend.

CERTAINLY at those levels there was some room "feedback" ! As much effort as I've put into quieting anything down (sound deadening, insulation, etc), there is only so much you can do to deaden the walls, etc without going to 2ft of concrete with treatments over them, haha. I think even if I had gone the traditional double drywall, clips, etc I'd still have a bit of noise going on. Pretty much inevitable like you said.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed! The positive feedback means a lot coming from you, Craig! Looking forward to finally checking out your incredible setup sometime very soon. Let me know if you want me to bring any toys by to try out in your room.

Also - Glad you guys got to spend a few minutes checking out the shop as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Andrew I'm sure you have posted this, but what exactly is the sub situation now? 8 SI's or 16? All up front? I thought I saw you bought 16 but didn't know if you have them all fired up yet.

As for me I'm done messing with sub placement, I'm back up front with all 8 and that's where they will stay. If you have done the same and so has Brandon I think that says something for the all up front placement.
Carp - Right now 'just' 8, all up front. I have the other 8 drivers on standby, trying to decide if I need/want to build something out for them. I am working on a narrow 'nearfield' enclosure to play with 2 of the drivers coupled/attached to the riser for a bit more impact. It's around 8 cubes net, 14 inches deep, 28 inches tall, and 56 inches wide, which fits behind and fires into my rear (main) seating perfectly.

Attached: BASEMENT BOX.JPG (72.9 KB)  BASEMENT BOX GUTS.JPG (130.2 KB) 
carp's Avatar carp 09:09 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Carp - Right now 'just' 8, all up front. I have the other 8 drivers on standby, trying to decide if I need/want to build something out for them. I am working on a narrow 'nearfield' enclosure to play with 2 of the drivers coupled/attached to the riser for a bit more impact. It's around 8 cubes net, 14 inches deep, 28 inches tall, and 56 inches wide, which fits behind and fires into my rear (main) seating perfectly.

Love that!

You say attached to the riser, have you decided where you will put it?

How about this. You could put that enclosure behind your back row, do you have room to build something similar to put behind your front row? I've wondered if it's possible to fit an enclosure behind my front row, it would have to be a design where the drivers face upward at more of a 45 degree angle for when the seats recline if that makes sense.

I can't remember how much room you have behind your front row to fit something in there though...
Tags: Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Roku Hd Player , Xbox 360 Console , Panamax , Epson Home Cinema 8700 Ub Projector , Peavey Ipr2 7500 Power Amplifier 7500 Watts , Crown Nxls2000 0 Us Power Amplifier , Yorkville , Jbl Professional 8340 Cinema Surround Speaker , Basement Bar
First ... 24  25  26 27  28  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop