MrJai's Living room Home Theater set up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
9.2 Home Theater System

Hello everyone. Come on in and check out my humble home theater set up (I think I'm finally done for a few years). It has taken me like 2 yrs (lots of trial and error) to be were I'm at and love it. I can't thank everyone enough in this site for their contributions (they have help/teach me a lot).

Speakers

Front Heights WB-14 icon-W series Cabernet
Front Klipsch WF-35 Icon-W Series Cabernet
Center Klipsch WC-24 Icon-W Series Cabernet
Sides Surrounds Klipsch WF-35 Icon-W Series Cabernet (have a set of Klipsch WS-24 Icon-W Series Cabernet for sides and to be able to move these towers to be wides in the future)
Back Surrounds Klipsch WS-24 Icon-W Series Cabernet
Subwoofers Klipsch Reference RW-12d

Receiver

Onkyo TX-NR5009

Blu-ray Player & Direct TV receiver

Yamaha BD-A1010
HR34 HMC HD DVR w/Whole Home DVR service

TV & Cabinet

Plasma 65VT30
Havenwood HWKHS6428E

Game Consoles

PS3 w/Move
Xbox 360 slim w/Kinect

HD Digital Player

Egreat M34A

Remote Control

Harmony 1100

Here are some more pictures

Thank you all for looking. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Jaime

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Beautiful system! This is the best looking implementation of height channels I've seen. And, of course--I'm always glad to see another Klipsch owner!! Welcome to the WYSC thread.
post #3 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Great pics, how do you like the Yamaha BD-A1010 bluray player?

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #4 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Beautiful system! This is the best looking implementation of height channels I've seen. And, of course--I'm always glad to see another Klipsch owner!! Welcome to the WYSC thread.

Thank you BrolicBeast. Your set up is outstanding too. I used to have Polks but made the jump to Klipsch and I love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

Great pics, how do you like the Yamaha BD-A1010 bluray player?

Thank you Latinoheat. I like it a lot. I like being able to play SACDs along with Blu-rays, the quality of the image is superb (IMO). I almost went with Oppo but couldn't justify twice the price

post #5 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Nice and clean. Looks great. I would just make one suggestion to try out. Pull the front left and right further out from the rear wall.
post #6 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

Nice and clean. Looks great. I would just make one suggestion to try out. Pull the front left and right further out from the rear wall.

Thank you drewTT. Just did (6" away from wall).

post #7 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I'd probably do a foot or so considering the right speaker is heavily corner loaded at the moment. Still, try 6" and see how it works.

Also, nice system. I'm in the middle of transitioning to the WF series from my older Reference series and I can't wait to get them. I love how they look and sound. How long have you had them and what made you choose them? I like the dual subs too. Clean all the way around.
post #8 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

I'd probably do a foot or so considering the right speaker is heavily corner loaded at the moment. Still, try 6" and see how it works.
Also, nice system. I'm in the middle of transitioning to the WF series from my older Reference series and I can't wait to get them. I love how they look and sound. How long have you had them and what made you choose them? I like the dual subs too. Clean all the way around.

Thank you weber. I'll give it a try (1 foot) and see how they sound. I've had them for a little over a year now and love them. Looks and price attracted me since there weren't many reviews or comments to help you make a decision. Couldn't make a better decision at the price point I got them (bought everything from the egg except the WB-14s used from ebay). Amazing how clear these are at high volume (no distortion). These shine with acoustic material (Eagles Hotel California DTS, to die for).

post #9 of 16 Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Very well done. I'm usually and "all black" speaker kind of guy but with the color of your room, I'm really digging the reddish wood veneer. I also like the light source behind the cabinet....heck, I like all of it smile.gif

cheers
post #10 of 16 Old 09-24-2012, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 View Post

Very well done. I'm usually and "all black" speaker kind of guy but with the color of your room, I'm really digging the reddish wood veneer. I also like the light source behind the cabinet....heck, I like all of it smile.gif
cheers

Thank you jproy. I almost went with espresso color but needed to keep it WAF approved and be able to install as many speakers as I could (sometimes you just have to compromise). I was torn on adding ambient light tho the back of the TV but I thought it was going to be too bright so I decided to installed a 23 in. slim fluorescent undercabinet light attached with double side tape to the back of the cabinet and love the results. Next improvement will be a U shape sectional, hopefully sometime next year.

post #11 of 16 Old 09-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
You have a great looking system and room. You’ve got to love those Klipsch speakers. How do you like your Klipsch sub? I was thinking of going with the WF-35 but went with the Reference line instead, though I love the look of these speaker cabinets.
post #12 of 16 Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Very nice setup you have there and those klipsch towers are great looking!!! I bet the effects of all the speakers with heights throwing sounds at you are fun!!
post #13 of 16 Old 09-27-2012, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

You have a great looking system and room. You’ve got to love those Klipsch speakers. How do you like your Klipsch sub? I was thinking of going with the WF-35 but went with the Reference line instead, though I love the look of these speaker cabinets.

Thank you jnnt29! Yes I do love Klipsch...The subs are plenty for my needs especially at the discounted price that I got them for...I wanted to go Reference but need to keep up with the decor...Whenever I'm ready to go with a dedicated room then I'll step up to Reference...I do have to say these W-Icons are no slouch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkingincharge View Post

Very nice setup you have there and those klipsch towers are great looking!!! I bet the effects of all the speakers with heights throwing sounds at you are fun!!

Thank you wkingincharge! Yes it is fun...I watched Battleship last weekend and was very happy with the sound and envelopment the whole system creates

post #14 of 16 Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Great set-up and very clean. Excellent speaker wire management as well

I have the next model down on the AVR and a couple years older (TX-NR3007) (funny how time flies - I still feel like I just bought it). The AVR is trying to drive a lot of speakers on a couple transformers. I added a used external 7 ch amp to boost the true power output to the speakers and IMHO it made a decent improvement to the sound fullness. You may also want to check temperature in the cabinet - the ONKs get pretty hot. Do you have any fans on the back of the cabinet to draw out the heat?

How do you like the Harmony 1100? I have it on my short list to buy very soon
post #15 of 16 Old 09-29-2012, 06:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 181
A very nice tidy setup MrJAi well done.

Frank

post #16 of 16 Old 09-29-2012, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout's staff View Post

Great set-up and very clean. Excellent speaker wire management as well
I have the next model down on the AVR and a couple years older (TX-NR3007) (funny how time flies - I still feel like I just bought it). The AVR is trying to drive a lot of speakers on a couple transformers. I added a used external 7 ch amp to boost the true power output to the speakers and IMHO it made a decent improvement to the sound fullness. You may also want to check temperature in the cabinet - the ONKs get pretty hot. Do you have any fans on the back of the cabinet to draw out the heat?
How do you like the Harmony 1100? I have it on my short list to buy very soon

Thank you Scott, yours is very nice and clean as well. Tell me about it. I'm thinking of adding an emotiva amp (possibly a 2 channel just for the fronts) but I think it might be overkill given the speakers I have. I do have a fan I ripped from a laptop cooler on top of the receiver. I am planning to add a fan to the back of the cabinet to aid on extracting out the heat from the cabinet. Love the Harmony I just wished we were able to change the icons for the activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

A very nice tidy setup MrJAi well done.

Thank you Franin! Not as impressive as yours but it gets the job done.

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr5009 , Yamaha Bd A1010bl Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Logitech Harmony 1100 Universal Remote Control , Klipsch Wb 14 Icon W Series Furniture Grade Bookshelf Speakers Espresso Pair , Klipsch Wf 35 Icon W Series Furniture Grade Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Wc24 2 Way Center Channel Loudspeaker Espresso , Klipsch Ws 24 Icon W Series Furniture Grade Surround Speaker Espresso Each , Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page