Kingdome HT/Music Evolution!! - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 92 Old 02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Nice. Looking forward for you to get everything setup. And let me just add again, that those chairs look really nice.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 92 Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Well a bit of bad news today!! I setup the Crowson's etc on the new chairs and per Crowson decided to go with their new D-500 Amp especially since I was getting it for a good deal but it was the weak link in my chain today. I connected it off of my Oppo output as many others have and nothing so I moved on to the wires both speaker and RCA's and they tested good on other speakers and inputs so next was the D-500 amp with another speaker and coming directly from my Integra sub output and still nothing so finally I took my Emotiva 2 channel amp and set it up with both Transducers being fed again through the Oppo and success they work like a charm. I truly understand these things happen so I must wait until Monday and get with Randolph over at Crowson who is great to deal with and get the ball rolling on the D-500 being replaced or see if there is a reset, etc that I am not aware of beyond the manual.It does power up you here the relays click and responds to some commands and with a regular speaker and complete quiet I could just faintly here audio so it must be something internal!!

I will say that in the little time the transducer's were running through the Emotiva/Oppo combo was pure bliss lol!!! even the Mrs was blown away by the sensation they offer in conjunction with the subs.
post #63 of 92 Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Update!!!
Replacement Amp in route so we are going to get these puppies running full strength very soon lol!! Again Crowson has been a great company to deal with overall.
post #64 of 92 Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

That is great news. Can't wait for you to get up and running again.

My System
post #65 of 92 Old 02-26-2013, 06:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkingincharge View Post

Well a bit of bad news today!! I setup the Crowson's etc on the new chairs and per Crowson decided to go with their new D-500 Amp especially since I was getting it for a good deal but it was the weak link in my chain today. I connected it off of my Oppo output as many others have and nothing so I moved on to the wires both speaker and RCA's and they tested good on other speakers and inputs so next was the D-500 amp with another speaker and coming directly from my Integra sub output and still nothing so finally I took my Emotiva 2 channel amp and set it up with both Transducers being fed again through the Oppo and success they work like a charm. I truly understand these things happen so I must wait until Monday and get with Randolph over at Crowson who is great to deal with and get the ball rolling on the D-500 being replaced or see if there is a reset, etc that I am not aware of beyond the manual.It does power up you here the relays click and responds to some commands and with a regular speaker and complete quiet I could just faintly here audio so it must be something internal!!

I will say that in the little time the transducer's were running through the Emotiva/Oppo combo was pure bliss lol!!! even the Mrs was blown away by the sensation they offer in conjunction with the subs.
I don't see any info on the D-500 amp on the Crowson website. Do you have any info, spec's, features, etc.?

Glad to hear Randy turned it around for you so quickly. smile.gif

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #66 of 92 Old 02-26-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I don't see any info on the D-500 amp on the Crowson website. Do you have any info, spec's, features, etc.?

Glad to hear Randy turned it around for you so quickly. smile.gif

Craig

Craig I was actually told that they are still doing all the picture taking and tech data for the website and hopefully it will be updated soon but here is some of the specs given to me by Randy who is a great guy to deal with.

312 watts RMS powering 2 Actuators (8 ohms ea)
500 watts RMS powering 4 Actuators (8 ohms ea)
No RS232 port like the larger amp has
Its about 20 pounds and is 1 RU high
12 volt Trigger Input ,Auto sensing input
Remote Control
2 EQ Modes
and some other features I might have missed
post #67 of 92 Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

That is great news. Can't wait for you to get up and running again.

Thanks Man !! It was a tough one to swallow when I had the amp issue as I had already been waiting awhile to setup them up but these things do happen and Crowsons did everything to make it all right again so this weekend has been cleared for completion and putting them through the paces.wink.gif
post #68 of 92 Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Please post in the Crowson thread also. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450832/the-official-crowson-tactile-motion-actuators-thread#post_22807799

Your experience with the actuators, as well as your experience with Randy, will be excellent additional data points.

Good luck with the install this weekend.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #69 of 92 Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Please post in the Crowson thread also. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450832/the-official-crowson-tactile-motion-actuators-thread#post_22807799

Your experience with the actuators, as well as your experience with Randy, will be excellent additional data points.

Good luck with the install this weekend.

Craig

Craig I got the new amp in a day early so I cleared my schedule and set them up this evening just couldn't wait until the weekend biggrin.gif

I wrote some of my thoughts with story in the Crowson Thread.
post #70 of 92 Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Here are a couple of pics but there is not much to see however there is plenty to feel!!eek.gif

Photobucket

Photobucket
post #71 of 92 Old 08-11-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Its been while since this thread was updated but I've have been in the process of moving and getting a much needed and larger space to work with. I do have some new toys in the que which will eventually consist of a 100 to 120 inch screen,Projector and there are a few that have my attention plus some additional sound treatments once everything is wired up again to see how the new space reacts. Finally some more seating to support 2 to 3 more people and maybe additional crowson's not sure on that one.
post #72 of 92 Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well the new room is coming along slowly but surely and its just great having all the extra space . Just finished most of the wiring and painted the walls and ceiling darker in anticipation of the projector a Epson 5020 plus I have some additional GIK treatments coming to help with the larger space and keep the look consistent. I did play around with projector today for awhile while doing some more pre wiring for future surrounds and the picture quality/color out of the box is mind blowing even though its shooting on a dark wall.

Because of this I am at a bit of a loss on what type of 106 inch screen to buy as I originally thought white but maybe grey is a better option since the image looked good on a dark wall in a light controlled room.

photo 37_zpsaad67fba.jpg

photo 39_zps4816dbec.jpg

photo 36_zps69c53929.jpg
post #73 of 92 Old 09-19-2013, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Cooool.....I've been waiting to see how your new room turns out. Looks like you're in the final stretch!
post #74 of 92 Old 09-20-2013, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Wow! What a transformation! Great job! This hobby will suck your wallet dry, huh? I think I'm going with PJ for my next upgrade too.
post #75 of 92 Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Cooool.....I've been waiting to see how your new room turns out. Looks like you're in the final stretch!

Its coming along pretty good now!! The decision to paint the room darker with nice colors (Thanks to the Mrs choices) including the ceiling which has a variation of Black called "Hush" seems to have help with light control . I will make the choice on a screen this weekend so I can have it sometime next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post

Wow! What a transformation! Great job! This hobby will suck your wallet dry, huh? I think I'm going with PJ for my next upgrade too.

Thanks!!!! I have said it before that this hobby never stops we just take wallet breaks lol!! Projection is the way to go if you can fit it in go for it . I made some small sacrifice in video quality but the sheer size gives the wow factor right back.
post #76 of 92 Old 09-25-2013, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice to see the update. I am sure once it is all done, it will look and sound fantastic.

My System
post #77 of 92 Old 09-28-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Nice to see the update. I am sure once it is all done, it will look and sound fantastic.

Thanks Mike!!
post #78 of 92 Old 09-28-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Finally got the screen put together and mounted and projector mounted. I decided after all my reviewing that screen size and quality run the gamut from small to massive and everything in between and being this is my first venture into the projector world I decided to go with a VAPEX 106 inch screen with 1.1 gain and its not bad at all (see pic) .BTW the camera makes the images below way brighter than they really are in the room .

The projectors I went back and forth on between DLP and LCD ultimately settling on the LCD because we saw the infamous rainbow with DLP. The LCD projector originally was a Epson 5020 but then I saw a friends 3020 and decided the difference was just not enough for me in my room to justify price so I went with the 3020 as I know within 3 years I will be upgrading to the 4K offerings.

Now I have a pesky interior door to the cave that rattles with LFE so a solid core door is getting the call up to duty and then I will be ready to finalize my sound settings and this time I want to try REW to see what I can squeeze out of this equipment .

photo 41_zps5c37fe65.jpg

photo 43_zps8a1df80d.jpg

photo 40_zps93368497.jpg
post #79 of 92 Old 09-28-2013, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 135
That looks great! I could read it somewhere but I'll just ask. What size screen?

Never mind it's in the first paragraph.redface.gif
post #80 of 92 Old 10-12-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post

That looks great! I could read it somewhere but I'll just ask. What size screen?

Never mind it's in the first paragraph.redface.gif

Thanks I am loving it !!! I decided since this was my first venture into screen /projector to stay fairly modest and go with a 106 inch as it fits my wall just perfect .

Tonight we are previewing Oz the great and powerful in 3D so here goes nothing!!!! smile.gif
post #81 of 92 Old 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

First, you have one killer room!!!!! Man, you should be proud of this accomplishment. Second, Oz is a KILLER movie...perfect picture quality and your Hsus will singgggg throughout. Happy viewing tonight!
post #82 of 92 Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

First, you have one killer room!!!!! Man, you should be proud of this accomplishment. Second, Oz is a KILLER movie...perfect picture quality and your Hsus will singgggg throughout. Happy viewing tonight!

I couldn't have done it without ideas from guys like you but my journey continues lol!!. The movie Oz in 3d was very impressive indeed to say the least and is worthy demo material.

I did find that additional seating is a must so I am going to try building a small riser over the next few weeks.
post #83 of 92 Old 10-16-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

That looks like a fantastic room. Great stuff on the projector. A 106" screen is a very nice size and not modest in my own personal opinion. My one friend has a 92" screen and I would be very happy even with that. So make sure you enjoy that room. You did a really good job setting it all up.

My System
post #84 of 92 Old 10-20-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

That looks like a fantastic room. Great stuff on the projector. A 106" screen is a very nice size and not modest in my own personal opinion. My one friend has a 92" screen and I would be very happy even with that. So make sure you enjoy that room. You did a really good job setting it all up.

Thanks Mike I am very happy with the progress and have been running at least 2 movies a day on the weekends.

Regarding the screen I guess my initial thoughts were that a 106 inch screen would be to small but I came back to earth realizing I was already making a huge jump up from my trusty 55 inch LCD which was a jump from my panny 37 inch plasma (which I will never get rid of lol!!). The first row of seats is just 12 feet back so the visual impact is there for sure and the 2nd row that I am working on 15 feet back will be satisfactory as well.

Now my next step is a server for storing/playback of movies as well as music that I can push through a DAC .
post #85 of 92 Old 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Man your system has progressed greatly over the year. Awesome job on the dedicated room; I'm definitely jealous. smile.gif
post #86 of 92 Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Mike I am very happy with the progress and have been running at least 2 movies a day on the weekends.

Regarding the screen I guess my initial thoughts were that a 106 inch screen would be to small but I came back to earth realizing I was already making a huge jump up from my trusty 55 inch LCD which was a jump from my panny 37 inch plasma (which I will never get rid of lol!!). The first row of seats is just 12 feet back so the visual impact is there for sure and the 2nd row that I am working on 15 feet back will be satisfactory as well.

Now my next step is a server for storing/playback of movies as well as music that I can push through a DAC .
I think that is a nice size screen. I have experienced bigger and it sure was very impressive. But I have to believe that 106", at 12 feet back would still give you a great picture.

My System
post #87 of 92 Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

I was so ready to pull the trigger on a Oppo 103-D because the darbee option intrigue me especially now that I am running a projector but I am going to wait until the very minor bugs are worked out. A nice holiday gift to myself or maybe I go to the big boy oppo lol!!!

Finally got all the wood/carpet for the riser so that's this weekends project.
post #88 of 92 Old 10-30-2013, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was so ready to pull the trigger on a Oppo 103-D because the darbee option intrigue me especially now that I am running a projector but I am going to wait until the very minor bugs are worked out. A nice holiday gift to myself or maybe I go to the big boy oppo lol!!!

Finally got all the wood/carpet for the riser so that's this weekends project.

It's actually ok to scoop up the 103D--all bugs will be corrected by firmware!!  I can't wait to see the finished riser! 

post #89 of 92 Old 06-30-2014, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Its been a minute since I posted up but I have been enjoying my last big flurry of equipment. Recently I noticed that heat has been a enemy in particular on my Integra 80.3 on the HDMI board a known issue so I decided to install a few small fans using my PC usb ports and all is well again. I also got a great deal on the Darby Darblet 5000 so I will be experimenting with that soon to see if I actually like it on the big screen.
post #90 of 92 Old 07-04-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkingincharge View Post
Its been a minute since I posted up but I have been enjoying my last big flurry of equipment. Recently I noticed that heat has been a enemy in particular on my Integra 80.3 on the HDMI board a known issue so I decided to install a few small fans using my PC usb ports and all is well again. I also got a great deal on the Darby Darblet 5000 so I will be experimenting with that soon to see if I actually like it on the big screen.
Can't go wrong with a Darbee man!!!
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Epson V11h501020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector , Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3 , Emotiva Upa 200 2 Channel Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 3 Amplifier , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Logitech Harmony One Remote Control Refurbished , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition
Gear in this thread - V11h501020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page