wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Here you are let me know what you think biggrin.gif

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=wes&folderid=3141

I am thinking to upgrade the center channel with an 800Diamond so I can have all front 800Diamond (2nd generation) add a pair of 805Diamond in the back so it will be a 9.2. Then I will just need a new amp like the Classe CA-5300

That is going to take some time the finances are tight frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Obviously you all ready know I love your setup biggrin.gif It pains me to think though that you have to sacrifice the wonderful 802's as surrounds in order to get a center 800 and then run little tiny 805's for you surrounds biggrin.gif

I think you brought this up in another thread a while back, if you hadn't have gone with the 800's you may consider 805's all around. Technically there isn't anything stopping you from doing that. If you were to sell the 800's and 802's you would have more than enough for 9 (or 11) 805's for a 9.2 (or 11.2) setup. Not that I recommend that given what you have now biggrin.gif Have you also considered looking to the used market for a HTM1D? That would be easier to get then say a used single 800D2 but may be more of a lateral move from the 802D1 you have now leaving the only real upgrade being another 800D2.

If you are primairly a home theater guy then the all 805 option is a real valid option but if music has an important part in your room, especially multi-channel music then the 805's are the wrong way to go in my opinion and I would just hold onto what you have and just save for that center 800.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post

Obviously you all ready know I love your setup biggrin.gif It pains me to think though that you have to sacrifice the wonderful 802's as surrounds in order to get a center 800 and then run little tiny 805's for you surrounds :DIf you are primairly a home theater guy then the all 805 option is a real valid option but if music has an important part in your room, especially multi-channel music then the 805's are the wrong way to go in my opinion and I would just hold onto what you have and just save for that center 800.

Thank you, the ideal solution would be if I could just sell one 802D and then save to buy the 800Diamond. This way I can keep the 802D as surrounds. I am 70% music SACD multichannel and 30% movies.

Selling one 802D is tough frown.gif

Interestingly is that the 805D crossed over at 80hz THX recommended set up will sound great. So yes if I was 100% HT then that would be the solution with 4 subs, but I love music and the 800D sing like nothing else biggrin.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
805Ds are great speakers, but I can tell you they do not "fill" the space the same way a full size speaker does. I previously had the 805S as rear surrounds, and when I moved the 803Ds in to their place, there was no comparison...much more lifelike for both music and movies.

I also think there is little to gain by changing to the 800D as a centre...the difference is not going to be that dramatic.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page