Here is my system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to the Home theater community, so can you please take it easy on me? Thank you. I started about 2yrs ago and slowly upgrading,

My Living room setup consist of,

Display - Panasonic 55"- VT50
Comcast HD cable
AV-receiver - Yamaha rx-v567
Front speakers - Black Polk R300's
Center - Black Polk CS10
Rears - Black Polk T15's
Sub-woofer - Black PSW10
Headphone - Wireless Sennheiser RS 120's

HTPC -
Antec 900 case
CPU - Intel q600@3.2ghz
Ram - Gskill 8Gb@1066
Mobo - Asus Rampage formula
GPU - XFX XXX Edition HD5870
PSU - OZC XtremeGamer 600watt
Keyboard - Asus Glittery Black Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
HDD - 128gb Crucial m4 ssd
HDD - 1.5TB Black WD Movie storage - Connected via Network
HDD - 1.5TB Black WD Music storage - " "
HDD - 500GB Blue WD Picture Storage - " "

Networked PC -
Thermaltake Level 10 Snow Edition case
Cpu - Intel 2600k@4.2
Ram - Gskill 16gb@1600
Mobo - Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z
GPU - Sli Gtx580's
PSU - Cougar Cmx1000
Keyboard - Logitech G15
Mouse - Logitech G500
Webcam - Logitech 905
Headset - Logitech G35
HDD - 2 x Crucial m4 128gb Raid-0
HDD - 500GB Blue WD Picture Storage
HDD - 1.5TB Black WD Music storage
HDD - 1.5TB Black WD Movie storage
HDD - 1.5TB Black WD Game storage
HDD - 500 Blue WD Program Storage
Monitors - 2 x Asus VW246H

Bedroom -
Zenith 42" plasma
Old Hp PC

Playing on the Computer

My new TV! biggrin.gif

The Entertainment stand

Front Left

Front Right

Sub

Rear Right

Rear Left

The Couch they Recline - Income Taxes I want a new couch or front speakers

My other Area

HTPC

My Other Baby

Laying in bed

Now I am sorry If I posted to many pictures, I have been lurking this forum for a while now and noticed that some users don't post pictures and ask what the other users think.
I am new to this, any help would be appreciated if you see anything wrong with my setup or equipment,

Thanks alot - Edgeria,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Nooo, pictures are GOOD! We love pictures!

Hey, good job, it looks good and I bet it sounds good also... It's not only an excellent system to start with, you can use it forever without needing to upgrade. That is, of course if the bug bites then it's on. LOL, that's why I suggest you stay away from this section!!!!

Have you experimented with little things like spreading the fronts a bit apart to see if the soundstage widens, or moving the center up so that it sits higher? Of course, space permitting...

Polks are excellent speakers, personally I have only had good experiences. The rest of you gear is really nice, the Pio receiver, the sub, good stuff.

Congrats and welcome to the WYSC section...
post #3 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

Nooo, pictures are GOOD! We love pictures!

Hey, good job, it looks good and I bet it sounds good also... It's not only an excellent system to start with, you can use it forever without needing to upgrade. That is, of course if the bug bites then it's on. LOL, that's why I suggest you stay away from this section!!!!

Have you experimented with little things like spreading the fronts a bit apart to see if the soundstage widens, or moving the center up so that it sits higher? Of course, space permitting...

Polks are excellent speakers, personally I have only had good experiences. The rest of you gear is really nice, the Pio receiver, the sub, good stuff.

Congrats and welcome to the WYSC section...

Thank you. I spent to much money on the tv so that meant no wall mount, I usually have the center on the top shelf where the tv is and the receiver is a Yamaha. I also have no room to widen the front speakers because of wall space and noone want to be tripping over speakers here but me. biggrin.gif And I am addicted to this section just seeing everyone's setups is just amazing and makes me want more and more. I'm in an apartment right now but when I buck up and get a house. It is on!.. My wishlist right now consist of a tv wallmount, a new couch or just 3 recliners and new tsi500's for the fronts and move the R300's to the back so I can enjoy the 7.1 this receiver puts out. I just have to figure something out back there. Come on Income taxes. wink.gif
post #4 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe give this Speaker layout a try..

post #5 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeria View Post

Maybe give this Speaker layout a try..

Congrats on your system, looks nice, indeed. This config I thing is much better for front sound imaging as the front L&Rs are pulled left and right on the pic. Did you run YPAO yet on the Yamaha?

Two things I may add here:

1. Now your surrounds are facing the middle of the room, but to get a better surround feeling I would turn them facing each other, i.e. the listeners sitting on the couch and would put them a bit higher so that more than one person sitting on the couch would not shadow the sound. Try it please, I'm sure it will make a night & day difference. I have mine setup like that.

2. In general, but especially in your room, I don't really favor a wall mount. It's just another cost, while you are going to view the same screen, aren't you? smile.gif

Have fun! smile.gif
post #6 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

I did run YPAO after moving the front speakers this morning. I am trying to figure out where I can put my rears now, since you suggested it. I know I can put the left rear higher on the shelf facing the couch but the right rear is giving me problems of where I can put it. And thank you's for your suggestion's! I am new to this and do love learning and taking suggestions smile.gif
post #7 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I did run YPAO after moving the front speakers this morning. I am trying to figure out where I can put my rears now, since you suggested it. I know I can put the left rear higher on the shelf facing the couch but the right rear is giving me problems of where I can put it. And thank you's for your suggestion's! I am new to this and do love learning and taking suggestions smile.gif

Try to google-in on the subject with the keywords: "speaker stands"
post #8 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post

Try to google-in on the subject with the keywords: "speaker stands"

That is funny you say that, because last night I was looking for speaker stands. I am going to see what I can do now with what I have. I have a china cabinet near the rear right and I am thinking about putting it on top of that but figure a way to angle it down alittle bit or do think that would really matter. I saw in your setup page you had you speaker angled down.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21

Macrame to the rescue, just saying biggrin.gif

yes I did it redface.gif and it works, lol

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT - hyghwayman
post #10 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is funny you say that, because last night I was looking for speaker stands. I am going to see what I can do now with what I have. I have a china cabinet near the rear right and I am thinking about putting it on top of that but figure a way to angle it down alittle bit or do think that would really matter. I saw in your setup page you had you speaker angled down.

In my setup I only have the front L+C+Rs (+ my L + R heights) angled down in orded to face seated ear height. This is most important for enhanced clarity of SQ (Sound Quality) for the fronts. FYI, speakers always deliver their max SPL (Sound Pressure Level) when on-axis, i.e. in this case facing seated ear height as well as show there widest frequency response. As regards the surrounds (officially called "surrounds" and not "rears") the tilting may not be so important, coz these channels are good to go even if they carry a kinda diffused sound. No need to sweat on the issue, IMHO. smile.gif

On a second note, you may want to consider to toe-in (angel) your front L + Rs to face the MLP (Main Listening Position), aka center of couch for the same above reason. But before doing that please refer to the Manual of your speakers. I have Dali speakers in my system and for the front L + R my Manual explicitely says: do not angle the front speakers, but place them parallel with the front wall due to the "wide dispertion pattern" design. Please, always follow the manufacturer's suggestions. Should there be no mention in your manual, then general consensus is to toe them in.

You are on your way to audio Nirvana, you bet! smile.gif
post #11 of 13 Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyghwayman View Post

Macrame to the rescue, just saying biggrin.gif

yes I did it redface.gif and it works, lol

That is genius.
post #12 of 13 Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I moved my surround speakers to another location.. pictures tomorrow.. waiting for my ceiling mounts to come in but for now it is a night and day difference.
post #13 of 13 Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I moved my surround speakers to another location.. pictures tomorrow.. waiting for my ceiling mounts to come in but for now it is a night and day difference.

Time to recommend you some songs to test and later on to show off your state-of-the-art system to all relatives, friends and business partners:

Bliss: Song for Olabi

Bass will kick-in at 0:24 time stamp, while treble will make you loose your mind at 1:59 time stamp. smile.gif

Play it loud, please! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

And of course, report back, please! smile.gif

P.s.: lookin' forward to them pix. smile.gif
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Yamaha Rx V567 Receiver , Polk Audio R300 High Performance Two Way Floor Standing Loudspeaker Each , Polk Audio Cs10 Center Channel Speaker Single Black , Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Sennheiser Rs120 926 Mhz Wireless Rf Headphones With Charging Cradle
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page