Welp, I moved so I figured its time for a new man cave thread. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Equipment is similar to before although a different projector and listed below, Just a new setting so I feel like whoring out some new pics.

Epson 8350
92'' fixed frame screen
Marantz SR5005
Emotiva XPA5
Kef Q900 (2)
Kef Q300 (2)
Kef Q600c
Polk Audio PSW505
Xbox 360
Samsung bluray
Apple TV3
Monoprice HDMI Matrix
Motorola PVR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM

That cable run is ghetto....put that shizz in the ceiling. tongue.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Those Q900 setup must sound great and the pics clearly show why Epsons are known as "light-cannons" in rooms with ambient light. I would suggest removing the coffee table though, as it's bound to have some serious sound reflections.

The Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The System:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #4 of 6 Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Those Q900 setup must sound great and the pics clearly show why Epsons are known as "light-cannons" in rooms with ambient light. I would suggest removing the coffee table though, as it's bound to have some serious sound reflections.

Yea the 8350 is awesome for ambient light rooms, and with the auto iris the dark room performance is good as well if you set it to cinema. I love that it can be set to ultra bright mode for watching sports with the lights on.

The 900s sound awesome and part of the reason I went with carpet in the room over wood floors was to deaden the sound, I could remove the coffee table for really critical listening, but its still a living space, I like having a place to put my drink and laptop enough to justify a slight reduction in sound quality for daily use.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cream puff View Post

Yea the 8350 is awesome for ambient light rooms, and with the auto iris the dark room performance is good as well if you set it to cinema. I love that it can be set to ultra bright mode for watching sports with the lights on.

The 900s sound awesome and part of the reason I went with carpet in the room over wood floors was to deaden the sound, I could remove the coffee table for really critical listening, but its still a living space, I like having a place to put my drink and laptop enough to justify a slight reduction in sound quality for daily use.

Hi cream puff, a really awesome setup you have, indeed! Congrats!

A couple of observations, if you don't mind. smile.gif

1. I surely would not remove the coffee table for obvious reasons as you also mentioned, but would put a table cloth on it to tame those dreaded reflections. Let there be WAF, ask honey to plan it the way she likes it. Design and color makes no acoustical difference. Let's make everybody happy! smile.gif Same goes for the same style small table at the surround speaker on the left side.

2. While talking about surround speakers it would be better to angle them to face each other, in other words the ears of the listeners sitting on the couch. Doing it will immediately improve the immersion of your surround feeling. Worth a try, costs nothing.

3. To do the above two issues best, when done please run Audyssey again.

Report back your findings, please! smile.gif

Cheers, Feri

post #6 of 6 Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
well done. man I really need to get a screen up.
there is just something about it.
cheers

But a whole new house is getting wired now!
Thanks to all the AVS members. This is a great community.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Marantz Sr5005 Audio Video Receiver Black , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier , Kef Q900bl Black Floorstanding Speaker Each , Kef Q300wa Bookshelf Speakers , Kef Q600cwa Center Channel Speaker Walnut , Polk Audio Psw505 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Black
Gear in this thread - Q300wa by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page