A Photo Tour of my 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 viewing & listening areas ( vpi project turntable plasma denon paradigm peachtree b&w) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricPu View Post

Where did you get the furniture for the office? I like the uncluttered simple look. Could it be from IKEA perhaps? Let me know please.

Wonderful setup. I have something quite simuler on the way. Peachtree NovaPre and 220 separates combo, KEF LS50's and Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. I would have loved to get a Traveler TT but alas, the budget dictated otherwise.

I will probably look around for a good deal on a Pro-Ject Phono Box S pre, and did order a wireworld Starlight 5M USB for Mac --> Peachtree use. Thanks for the tops on the cable pants and banana plugs as well.

How does your office room configuration look now? Just curious as I'll be setting my toys up in a new home office as well, once they arrive next month.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric, thx man.

sorry I've been away from the forum.
Most of the furniture is from Ikea, believe it or not.
I have since put the desk on the long wall, with the speakers on it.
Sounds very nice, much improved.

Good luck with your system. How far along are you?

Canon Pixma Pro-100 is a beast by RyebreadPics, on Flickr
William Chiu likes this.

Photo Tour of my home - 2ch, 3.1, & 5.1 builds 
But a whole new house is getting wired now!
New media room shaping up: Sony XBR70X850B 4K, Denon AVR-X4100W, Studio 60s
Thanks to all the AVS members. This is a great community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 02-13-2014, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Ryan, thanks for getting back brother!

So the LS50's arrived but I did cancel the Nova Pre/220 order as I am rethinking that. I'm thinking I'd like an integrated instead and so I will be deciding between the Nova 125 or the new Nova 220SE. I'm keeping an eye on ebay to see if some Nova 125's show up once the 220SE starts to ship, I expect they will smile.gif

I am building some speaker cables myself with some basic ICE cable and some deadbolt banana plugs ordered from Sewell here:http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-Deadbolt-Banana-Plugs-12-Pair.asp

However, I also spotted a pair of 2M Wireword Eclipse original cables on ebay for what I think was a stunning price, so I jumped on them. So now I'll have some fun comparing the build your own vs. brand cables smile.gif

While I have the time now, I will also keep an eye our for other TT options, but if nothing comes along used, I guess I will still go the debut carbon route.

It's frustrating to see the LS50's sitting in the box though.

I also got an Audioquest Dragon fly DAC to listen through my etmotic Hf3 ear buds from my Mac, and I have to say the sq is really stunning for what the DF is. I scored a 1.0 version for $80 because other were selling theirs to buy the 1.2 version, so I got a nice deal smile.gif

I'll keep you posted on the progress. I'm thinking at the end of the day, my setup will probably look similar to yours. How are you liking the sound from the peachtree / ls50 combo? A good match?

Cheers, Eric
post #33 of 35 Old 05-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Ryan,

Did you try elevating those LS50 on the IKEA office table? More toward ear level as you sit?
I nearly have the same setup except I am using Harbeth's.
I think you have the much wider IKEA table. Nice for imaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanA3 View Post

Hi Eric, thx man.

sorry I've been away from the forum.
Most of the furniture is from Ikea, believe it or not.
I have since put the desk on the long wall, with the speakers on it.
Sounds very nice, much improved.

Good luck with your system. How far along are you?

Canon Pixma Pro-100 is a beast by RyebreadPics, on Flickr
post #34 of 35 Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi William / Ryan:

Well, I eventually got it all setup. TT is a Pro-Ject debut carbon white, phone stage is Pro-Ject Phono Box S. speaker cables are Wireworld Eclipse 10ga. Anti-vibration pads under TT are Isol-Pads from Quest for Sound. They served 2 functions, to reduce vibration but also allow me to house the phono amp neatly underneath the TT. Sonos is connected for now via optical audio quest cinnamon cable. Of course the Peachtree Nova 125 takes center stage. Very happy also with the speaker stands I found. Matched the rest of the furniture in that room perfectly.

post #35 of 35 Old 05-27-2014, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 60
installed the KEF into my office today.

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Samsung Pn64d8000 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Tv 2011 Model , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver , Paradigm Studio 60 Floorstanding Speakers
Gear in this thread - Pn64d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page