Home Cable Setup Advice??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm inquiring about any advice in setting up my home cable tv. Read many posts here about some elaborate setups some people have, and of course, JEALOUS. I use internet with Netflix, Hulu, & online content to watch almost everything on tv. But recently got thrown a deal from Comcast that gave me basic channels for around $10. Using a crappy, outdated Atlantic Scientific box, but I had purchased a Tivo Premier last year when it was on sale online and just been holding on to it.

I'm wondering if there is a way to stream my cable tv across my network and still have control of what I watch independently on 2 tv's? Without the purchase of 2 Tivo Premier 4's! I read they will do that, but really expensive. Been researching the HD Homerun but haven't found any good articles explaining exactly how it's implemented and if it will actually accomplish what I want to do with what I have.

My setup is odd and the reason for my question.
Also, If any more experienced have any advice or add-ons, I'd be grateful to try something different. I'm new to the whole "home-networking" thing and still trying to understand and implement the whole HTPC thing. There's just so many options.

Setup:

Lvng Rm:
  • 2012 Samsung ES8000
  • Xbox 360
  • PS3
  • Macmini
  • Onkyo HT-S7500
  • D-Link Wireless N Bridge

Bed Rm:
  • Samsung LCD (4yr old)
  • Tivo Premier Series 4
  • Roku