This will be my setup in about 3 months. I CAN'T WAIT!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All,

I am building my dream basement. The jewel in my lower level crown will be my home theater. I have already purchased some of the equipment but will wait until about a month before finishing to get the rest.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
B&W CM9 FR, FL
B&W CM Cnetre 2
B&W CCM 818 Surround
B&W ASW12CM Sub
Integra DTR 70.4
Oppo BDP 105
Xbox 360
Amp: TBD (suggestions?)

Thanks for looking! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennartzHT View Post

All,

I am building my dream basement. The jewel in my lower level crown will be my home theater. I have already purchased some of the equipment but will wait until about a month before finishing to get the rest.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
B&W CM9 FR, FL
B&W CM Cnetre 2
B&W CCM 818 Surround
B&W ASW12CM Sub
Integra DTR 70.4
Oppo BDP 105
Xbox 360
Amp: TBD (suggestions?)

Thanks for looking! smile.gif

I highly recommend the amps from Emotiva. HIGHLY. Great value, great performance. Great sound.
slemmon likes this.

R 8:28

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Audioguy,

Thanks for the post! Is there any particular model Emotiva you suggest for my configuration?

~LennartzHT
post #4 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 PM

Liked: 10
LennartzHT

Agree with everything that audioguy said

I have an Emotiva amp and its wonderful it made a world of a difference in my set up, I would recommend that if you decide to get and Emotiva amp go with the XPA-5. That looks to be a really great set up, can’t wait to see photos when it’s done.

and have you though about a projector set up?

post #5 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennartzHT View Post

Audioguy,

Thanks for the post! Is there any particular model Emotiva you suggest for my configuration?

~LennartzHT

Nice set up a-coming......GEL-US!!!

That's a bad ass Integra. It's a 9.2 capable and you'll be touting a 5.1 from the looks of your list.

When I've got my set up in it's entirety, I'm doing a 7.2 with two Emo amps, a three channel 200wpc and two channel 300wpc. My AVR picks up the surrounds (I run wides with two sets of RTiA9's for my front stage).

I would think this would suit your set up as well. Since you've got an AVR and not a Pre Pro, you can let the 5 channel worth of amps take care of business until you decide you want to add more to your set up, then the 70.4 could pick up the slack.

I know the CM9's are rated at max 200 (right?) and feeding them 300 would be righteous. I had a pair of Monitor 70's rated at 275 and fed them 300 and I'd never heard them sound so good, practically rivaled my A9's. Of course my Polks are built like tanks, I don't have any experience with the B&W's other than several demos.

So rock on my friend

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
post #6 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmon View Post

LennartzHT

Agree with everything that audioguy said

I have an Emotiva amp and its wonderful it made a world of a difference in my set up, I would recommend that if you decide to get and Emotiva amp go with the XPA-5. That looks to be a really great set up, can’t wait to see photos when it’s done.

and have you though about a projector set up?

slemmon,

I will definitely look into Emotiva tomorrow and let you know what I think. It sounds like a component that will work great with my configuration. I decided not to go with a projector; instead I am picking up the Panasonic TC-P65VT60 (I typed VT above). My ceilings are low and will not permit the installation of an overhead without producing headaches for the unaware who bust there noggin on it. My understanding is the ZT is an outstanding plasma that will give me years of use (or at least awhile until something better is available in that price range!).

Thanks,

HT4ME
slemmon likes this.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Bowers Wilkins Cm9 Floor Standing Speakers , B W , Integra , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page