post #121 of 131 Old 07-23-2014, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I have a lead on some chairs that are sold right here is Jersey, but unfortunately the place is up by NYC about a 2hr ride. They are Fushions. They seem pretty popular however they are a bit pricy for the Escape's that I like. They are $2600 bucks. They have the cheaper material and they are $300 bucks cheaper. I would like to ride up and sit in them, but that is a haul, not to mention a nightmare with traffic. I may roll the dice and just get them. The wife and I went to dinner last night then went on a hunt for theater chairs. The only ones we found were a curved set of 5 but they had big compartments in-between and the set was huge!! Way to big for my room. On the flip side they were so comfortable, my wife kept saying she loved how she sank in and she loved the power recline. If I had the room I would have bought that set. I would love to find them in a row of 3, but smaller.

http://www.rtheaters.com/FusionColle...cape-1019.html

These are what I want. They even have power headrest This guy is said to be great to deal with. Great CS

Kevin (goes by mr Smithers) has those but one level down, they have the manual headrest. I like them ok, but they are a very firm feeling seat. He says they are great for sitting for long periods of time, he stays comfortable. He said he thought he wanted a cushy seat too but is happy with what he has. I want the best of both worlds, cushy and comfortable for long periods. I sat in the row one seat for over an hour and it was still comfortable even though it is soft so hopefully it works long term for me.

Last edited by carp; 07-23-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 Old 07-26-2014, 07:16 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Your theater is great Carp, thanks for the demo. The 215s are ridiculous! You have me wanting to reconfigure my mains to incorporate a 12" sub in them for 2ch listening.
carp and popalock like this.
post #123 of 131 Old 08-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Those mains are just massive, though they are dwarfed by your array of subs. Do the lights in the neighbourhood dim when you turn your system on?

BTW: Thanks for the advice on speakers carp. I'm happy with I have and how they are fitting into my theater build......though JTR and Danley's are tempting.

I'm putting my L/R in the same position that you put yours but behind a cabinet and grill cloth. Does the toe in really make the soundstage extremely wide and immersive?

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #124 of 131 Old 08-05-2014, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Canada View Post
Those mains are just massive, though they are dwarfed by your array of subs. Do the lights in the neighbourhood dim when you turn your system on?

BTW: Thanks for the advice on speakers carp. I'm happy with I have and how they are fitting into my theater build......though JTR and Danley's are tempting.

I'm putting my L/R in the same position that you put yours but behind a cabinet and grill cloth. Does the toe in really make the soundstage extremely wide and immersive?
Sure man, any time I'm glad to heard you are liking your setup!

If you do the extreme toe in thing you get a wider sweet spot but it's not any more immersive. I don't like the look of having them toed in that much and since it's usually just me in the main LP I don't need a wider sweet spot. I do toe them in some though, I have them toed in to intersect just behind my head.

post #125 of 131 Old 08-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 90
^^ Carp, I also found with too much toe in, my impulse response measurements worsened. By pointing them to much at the opposite walls you lose some of the benefit of the horn and you start getting more room interaction. After a lot of listening and retesting I now point them each just to the outside of the MLP. Of course room dimensions, treatments and speaker distances are a huge part of the equation but just thought I would mention my experience.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #126 of 131 Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
^^ Carp, I also found with too much toe in, my impulse response measurements worsened. By pointing them to much at the opposite walls you lose some of the benefit of the horn and you start getting more room interaction. After a lot of listening and retesting I now point them each just to the outside of the MLP. Of course room dimensions, treatments and speaker distances are a huge part of the equation but just thought I would mention my experience.
Interesting that we both ended up toeing in similarly. I have found I like the exact same toe in with the 215's that I did with the 212's.

post #127 of 131 Old 08-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Interesting that we both ended up toeing in similarly. I have found I like the exact same toe in with the 215's that I did with the 212's.
I think my toe in will be roughly where yours are at. The good news for me is that the speakers will be hidden behind my cabinets which was a complaint you had above with regard to the angle. If I had the L/R behind my screen I'd not be able to toe them in very much. I'd also be in line with my outside seats and I think they would suffer.

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen

post #128 of 131 Old 08-07-2014, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think my toe in will be roughly where yours are at. The good news for me is that the speakers will be hidden behind my cabinets which was a complaint you had above with regard to the angle. If I had the L/R behind my screen I'd not be able to toe them in very much. I'd also be in line with my outside seats and I think they would suffer.
Yep, which is why if I ever go AT I won't be putting the mains behind the screen - that's for sure.

post #129 of 131 Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yep, which is why if I ever go AT I won't be putting the mains behind the screen - that's for sure.
I see your mains in the pictures. Your L/R would not fit behind an AT screen even if you wanted them to. From woofer to woofer you are the limits of your current screen size. They could be used as sea containers

post #130 of 131 Old 08-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 823
^^^^^

215 center channel.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #131 of 131 Old 08-07-2014, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I see your mains in the pictures. Your L/R would not fit behind an AT screen even if you wanted them to. From woofer to woofer you are the limits of your current screen size. They could be used as sea containers
Ahhh but when 4K rolls around....

Nah, you are right I'll never want a wider screen than this especially since the screen would be closer to me if I went AT.

Speaking of upgrades, I don't see anything happening for quite a while. I really am happy with how everything is right now. That's a good thing because I am out of money.

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Cerwin Vega Cv 5000 High Performance Power Amplifier , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , Pioneer Elite Vsx 53 Av Network Receiver 7 1 Channel 3d , Panasonic Dmp Bd80k Blu Ray Player , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350
Gear in this thread - 212ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page