post #61 of 64 Old 02-21-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

I'm not saying Audyssey is better for movies but at this time I only have Dirac for 2 channel. Hearing the differences between the two on 2 channel is not difficult. But what I don't know is if the differences between Dirac on an SSP (e.g. emotiva) and Audyssey on my 80.2 with a 7.2 system will be audible!
Got you. I just wanted to make sure I understood what you meant.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 05-21-2014, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 100
My dealer has loaned my his Datasat SSP to learn it so that I can assist his folks in room setup in their soon to be completed new space and in their customer's home. (His folks have heard my room/system and have told the owner how it sounds and I sent him some data to show what tweaking can do to improve the room)

This is one complicated system. I suspect it will be quite some time before I ever get to the listening stage. For those who are familiar with the concept of "expectation bias" I have it. In this case, however, my expectation is that while (on paper) this $22.500 package should (a lot) sound better than my $2500 Integra 80.2, I will be quite surprised if it is really obvious when actually listening to a 5.1 movie. I have really fine tuned my room with treatment and Mark Seaton tricks, and it sounds really really excellent.

My hope is that it does NOT sound a lot better than the Integra as I would then be in a quandary.

We shall see!!
post #63 of 64 Old 07-07-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Update: I will be going to California the first part of next month to get a day of training on the Datasat.

While visiting with one of our new neighbors some time ago, she mentioned she was a big fan of the Transformers movies (they are in their late 60's at least).

This weekend we had them over to watch Number 3 and they were absolutely blown away. They had seen it originally in a commercial theater but had never experienced anything like what they heard in our theater (Volume maybe at reference mine 8). At the end of the movie, they were like a couple of teenagers who just got their drivers license. In fact, they like all of the same action movies I do (FWIW, my wife had never seen any of the Transformer movies as I knew she would no like them - she didn't). They will be my go-to invitees to watch all future action flicks !!

As she left the theaters she said: "I don't know what you paid for all of this but it is worth every penny of it".

And I would add: "Amen"
post #64 of 64 Old 07-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Very nice theater room! Excellent job on the build!

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher
Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page