Aguilar's New Home Theater 2014 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-07-2014, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Aguilar
This past November my wife and decided to buy a one story house. Now that one of our kids went away for college, and the next one is only two years away, we thought it would be time to buy a smaller one story house. We were able to compromise and we found a rambler with a bonus room/loft upstairs. I really thought I was going to have to covert a bedroom or give up the 'Theater Room' concept. We were so fortunate to find a great house in our price range that had a space we could use as a theater room.

Being an older house, most of them were not designed with a space that would work as a dedicated Theater Room. This one was pretty close but needed some modifications. The wall where the screen would fit was open to the Family Room downstairs. That needed to be changed. Here are before pictures.

Of course, the first thing we did when we moved in was repaint the entire house and fill in the hole. We had a professional come in and texture the open wall so that it would tie in to the existing texture in the Family Room. It turned out really well. We chose a dark brown color for the Theater Room. The projector wall ends up going down the stair well, so that color had to tie into the rest of the house. It makes the room very dark when watching movies.

Here is the finished Theater Room

Equipment List

Mitsubishi HC4900 Projector
Denon X4000
Atlantic Technologies A2000 7 Channel Amplifier
Energy Veritas 6.2 Mains
Energy Veritas 5.2 Center
Energy CC1 for front wides
Energy for Front Effects
KEF Dipoles for side surrounds
No Name Brand for Rear Centers
Dual SVS 16-46 PC Plus
Sony Bluray Player
Tivo Mini for TV

Close Up For Statues
slemmon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Star Wars and Star Trek occupying the same space. man after my own heart. Looks great sir!