Popalock's Doha Qatar HT Setup & Crusades - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 141 Old 07-17-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Popalock's Doha Qatar HT Setup & Crusades

A new home.
A new chapter.
A new setup.

Not 100% sure what I will be inheriting when our villa is ready in a few weeks, but I'm looking forward to tackling whatever acoustical challenges lie ahead.

One thing I know for sure, is that there is no bassment and maybe 10 feet of landscaping (if I'm lucky) separating each villa, so I have my fingers crossed that I'm going to be able to make friends over there.

I might also dual hat this thread to post up some other cool findings that Qatar has to offer in order to entice those on the fence about coming for a visit!

My "Home Theater" (most likely living room) will consist of the following at this point in time:

Audio:
AVR: Pioneer SC-57
L/R Mains: Klipsch RF-7 II
Center: Bose Jewel Cube
Surrounds: Bose Jewel Cube x 4
Subwoofer: SI 24" x 2
Amplifier: LG FP14000 Clone (220V)
Sub DSP: MiniDSP 10x10HD
Transducers: Arua Bassshaker Pros x 4
Transducer DSP: Velodyne SMS-1

Visual
Display: No idea
BD Player: PS3

I'll be sure to post up pics as soon as I have the chance.

Bose for the winnnnn!!!!
lemonslush likes this.
popalock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 141 Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Table of Contents


Last edited by popalock; 10-15-2014 at 09:36 PM.
popalock is offline  
post #3 of 141 Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Option 1: First floor open living room / dining area. Where we currently spend most of our time.

View from Kitchen:


Opposite view:


Option 2: Second floor den. This den connects to all of the bedrooms.
View from Master Bedroom Door:


Opposite view:

Last edited by popalock; 08-19-2014 at 02:55 PM.
popalock is offline  
post #4 of 141 Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Reserved for videos and other GoPro epicness that is sure to follow.

Quick (uneventful) walk through for those interested.

SXRDISBEST likes this.

Last edited by popalock; 11-02-2014 at 07:34 AM.
popalock is offline  
post #5 of 141 Old 07-17-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,156
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 176
If its anything like my State Department provided compound in Cambodia it will be built like a freakin bunker (concrete and rebar). We also had 12 ft tall external walls topped with concerta wire to make it seem like we lived inside Alcatraz.

You will probably need lots of acoustic treatment. I ordered insulation from Amazon - people thought I was nuts.
popalock likes this.

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
NWCgrad is online now  
post #6 of 141 Old 07-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,377
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 1061
Dat Bose center channel.


Will be interesting to see what you do with your new space, Austin.

Somehow, I think you'll be making plenty friends over there.
popalock likes this.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is offline  
post #7 of 141 Old 07-18-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,278
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Best of luck on your next chapter. Should be a really interesting change. An old buddy of mine lived in Saudi Arabia as kid as his parents were there for work. I remember him saying the electronics there are off the hook. He said a regular boom box would have 24K gold knobs and buttons and all kinds of jazz like that. He said they spent most of the time riding quads and dirt bikes as there was endless sand dunes, that's what I would be doing. Looking forward to seeing your next project and the new culture.
popalock likes this.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #8 of 141 Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Member
 
SXRDISBEST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Any go pro epicness yet? You must be going through some serious bass withdrawals these days.
SXRDISBEST is offline  
post #9 of 141 Old 07-29-2014, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
If its anything like my State Department provided compound in Cambodia it will be built like a freakin bunker (concrete and rebar). We also had 12 ft tall external walls topped with concerta wire to make it seem like we lived inside Alcatraz.

You will probably need lots of acoustic treatment. I ordered insulation from Amazon - people thought I was nuts.
Well... Not sure how bunkerish this is going to be.

Was debating on whether or not to post this here, but it saves me a lot of PM'ing so...

http://www.danatqatar.qa/#projects-e...dan-Gardens-2/
popalock is offline  
post #10 of 141 Old 07-29-2014, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Dat Bose center channel.


Will be interesting to see what you do with your new space, Austin.

Somehow, I think you'll be making plenty friends over there.
Well, if I can sell the RF-7II's while I am over there... I might scoop up a few more Jewel Cubes to round off my Bose system.

Not sure if I'm willing to get that crazy, but I'm not ruling anything out!
popalock is offline  
post #11 of 141 Old 07-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,377
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 1061
Is it a matter of your Klipsch being too large for your new space or a budget concern?

Erich's Volt coax's might be the ticket if you are 'on teh cheap' and have to watch the footprint. Also they would be able to hang with your subs where dem Bose won't but you know that.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is offline  
post #12 of 141 Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Is it a matter of your Klipsch being too large for your new space or a budget concern?

Erich's Volt coax's might be the ticket if you are 'on teh cheap' and have to watch the footprint. Also they would be able to hang with your subs where dem Bose won't but you know that.
I literally have no idea the size of the space or what it looks like. I should be arriving in Doha around this time next week, so I'll post up pics as soon as I can.

The beastclops have been on the ol' radar for awhile now. Since I was bringing the 24's, I decided to wait on more DIY epicness until I got to see the space in person.
popalock is offline  
post #13 of 141 Old 07-29-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,156
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 176
I am guessing it will not be boring...really heating up in the middle east.

I am also really I interested in the Marty-Clops.
popalock likes this.

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
NWCgrad is online now  
post #14 of 141 Old 07-29-2014, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
I am guessing it will not be boring...really heating up in the middle east.
Yeah, between the recent release of those top Taliban soldiers, planes going down once a week and the recent ebola scare...doesn't seem like the best time to be puddle jumping over in that neck of the woods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
I am also really I interested in the Marty-Clops.
Literally had me laughing out loud.
popalock is offline  
post #15 of 141 Old 08-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
autox320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Yeah, between the recent release of those top Taliban soldiers, planes going down once a week and the recent ebola scare...doesn't seem like the best time to be puddle jumping over in that neck of the woods...
Dude good luck to ya.

It's just Doha man ; there are much worse places in the armpit of the earth like the Stan, Iraq, and Africa. Good luck to your experiences. ER'd from Oconus last January. Have a plan and stick to it.

"I should really see what dB levels I'm pushing. Long as it can't foam my beer during a movie we are ok "
autox320 is offline  
post #16 of 141 Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 24,472
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1073
Those SI 24" (times 2!) should blend perfectly with those Bose cubes... I'd expect nearly flat response
popalock likes this.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Mfusick is online now  
post #17 of 141 Old 08-07-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,278
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Did you make it safe yet Mr Austin?
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #18 of 141 Old 08-10-2014, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Did you make it safe yet Mr Austin?
Made it... Safe and sound.

Been doing a bit of exploring over the past few days and am just now getting the internet hooked up.

I'll try to get some pics of the new place posted up here soon.
popalock is offline  
post #19 of 141 Old 08-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
lemonslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 81
What did you use to power your Rf-7's and Rc-64 with your old setup?

Cool place btw, must be a interesting change moving that far from home.

Last edited by lemonslush; 08-14-2014 at 07:05 AM.
lemonslush is offline  
post #20 of 141 Old 08-14-2014, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
What did you use to power your Rf-7's and Rc-64 with your old setup?

Cool place btw, must be a interesting change moving that far from home.
My Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR. I did a real time A/B comparison between my AVR and FP10000Q clone amp. Here are the results at my MLP between a 140 watt per channel AVR and a 2,100 watt per channel amp.



Bottomline...after several hours of pushing the RF-7II's hard, and listening to a huge variety of content, I was unable to distinguish between the two power sources...
popalock is offline  
post #21 of 141 Old 08-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
lemonslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Very interesting. I tried telling the difference just focusing on my rc64II, went back and forth with my x4000 and a 320rms amp. I couldnt tell the difference. My AVR is giving it 90watts RMS max I bet, and it honestly sounds the same. Klipsch tech support said I have to give those speakers 200rms or else the tweeter could get damaged over time and distort?

BTW in my group of friends I tell tales of this dude on AVS forums who had over 30 18" subs. Your a great cocktail discussion piece.

Your not really using bose are you? At the least go with some Kef's.
popalock likes this.
lemonslush is offline  
post #22 of 141 Old 08-14-2014, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
Very interesting. I tried telling the difference just focusing on my rc64II, went back and forth with my x4000 and a 320rms amp. I couldnt tell the difference. My AVR is giving it 90watts RMS max I bet, and it honestly sounds the same. Klipsch tech support said I have to give those speakers 200rms or else the tweeter could get damaged over time and distort?

BTW in my group of friends I tell tales of this dude on AVS forums who had over 30 18" subs. Your a great cocktail discussion piece.

Your not really using bose are you? At the least go with some Kef's.
Do you have the name of the Klipsch Tech rep? I'd like to give Klipsch a call and request they fire him. Just as long as you are not clipping your amp, it doesn't matter if you send them 1 watt...

30 subs! I only have 2 subs now... Everything else is in storage...


Not only am I going to use Bose, I'm bringing sexy back! Micro footprint WAF approved speakers will dominiate the world again...soon...
popalock is offline  
post #23 of 141 Old 08-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Lived at the Pearl in Doha for a while back in 2010 and commuted to Ras Laffan. Nice place (or at least it was). As for the amp vs AVR debate, well, the Klipsch are so incredibly efficient I have no idea why you would need that kind of power unless setting up an outdoor venue. Audibly the difference would be very hard to distinguish.
popalock likes this.

The Cave: Sony VPL-VW600ES, 110" Elite Fixed, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV 3, Marantz SR-7009, 3 x Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 , 4 x Emotiva XPA-1L, MartinLogan Motion 60XT, MartinLogan Motion 50XT, 4 x MartinLogan MotionFX, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, 4 x Gallo Nucleus Micro (Atmos Height)
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
post #24 of 141 Old 08-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
lemonslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Do you have the name of the Klipsch Tech rep? I'd like to give Klipsch a call and request they fire him. Just as long as you are not clipping your amp, it doesn't matter if you send them 1 watt...

30 subs! I only have 2 subs now... Everything else is in storage...


Not only am I going to use Bose, I'm bringing sexy back! Micro footprint WAF approved speakers will dominiate the world again...soon...

Storage still count. And those two subs of yours could kill small children at close range especially with whats powering them.

I hear ya with the WAF, surprised she let the subs pass. I have some kef 3005's in the downstairs that the lady likes. But I bet if you had 20 or so of those little cubes it would be pretty interesting.


And thanks again for confirming my suspicions with the Klipsch. I was driving myself crazy, even asked the lady to sit in the room while I compared the two...for hours. I think I'm going to return the amps I bought to power LRC and just go for two more subs instead.
popalock likes this.
lemonslush is offline  
post #25 of 141 Old 08-14-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,278
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Do you have the name of the Klipsch Tech rep? I'd like to give Klipsch a call and request they fire him. Just as long as you are not clipping your amp, it doesn't matter if you send them 1 watt...

30 subs! I only have 2 subs now... Everything else is in storage...


Not only am I going to use Bose, I'm bringing sexy back! Micro footprint WAF approved speakers will dominiate the world again...soon...
Ahem, do those 2 subs you speak of happen to be the 2 you were working on the last time I seen you ???


Glad to hear you made it safe. How you digging it so far? Find the HT store yet Place looks nice, the other vid said it is disconnected ??

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 08-14-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #26 of 141 Old 08-15-2014, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by autox320 View Post
Dude good luck to ya.

It's just Doha man ; there are much worse places in the armpit of the earth like the Stan, Iraq, and Africa. Good luck to your experiences. ER'd from Oconus last January. Have a plan and stick to it.
Yeah, I spent two years in Iraq and two years in Afghanistan, so I hear you. I'd say the only thing this place has in common with those two countries is the heat. This place is very nice. I just got back from dinner at the W hotel. It was awesome, as were all of the other W Hotels I've ever been to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
Those SI 24" (times 2!) should blend perfectly with those Bose cubes... I'd expect nearly flat response
Yeah, with the acoustimass module I'm expecting flat resonse for sure.
popalock is offline  
post #27 of 141 Old 08-15-2014, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Ahem, do those 2 subs you speak of happen to be the 2 you were working on the last time I seen you ???


Glad to hear you made it safe. How you digging it so far? Find the HT store yet Place looks nice, the other vid said it is disconnected ??
Yes sir. Too bad I wasn't able to ship my box (that Gorilla cut for me) over here. I'm going to have to find some local wood and start from scratch...


I don't know WTF happened to that video. It was by far the coolest video that I found on Youtube showcasing the awesomeness of Qatar. Probably their government stepping in to take it down because it was too cool... I'm kinda regretting not copying it and just posting up on my channel.
popalock is offline  
post #28 of 141 Old 08-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
autox320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Yeah, I spent two years in Iraq and two years in Afghanistan, so I hear you. I'd say the only thing this place has in common with those two countries is the heat. This place is very nice. I just got back from dinner at the W hotel. It was awesome, as were all of the other W Hotels I've ever been to.
Cool, cool, in the know then Spent 4 Stan and 4 Iraq myself; a few other touch and go's. Allowed a b-line to early retirement. Funny about the heat; they whine here in the states about 100 degrees lol.

Avoid the hookers and wannabe rock stars Stay the course!
popalock likes this.

"I should really see what dB levels I'm pushing. Long as it can't foam my beer during a movie we are ok "
autox320 is offline  
post #29 of 141 Old 08-15-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,422
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
My Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR. I did a real time A/B comparison between my AVR and FP10000Q clone amp. Here are the results at my MLP between a 140 watt per channel AVR and a 2,100 watt per channel amp.



Bottomline...after several hours of pushing the RF-7II's hard, and listening to a huge variety of content, I was unable to distinguish between the two power sources...
Thanks for posting this! Also, I don't know you personally but have followed your HT adventures on this side of the pond and wish you good luck in your new digs and safety in your life experience. That said, I would caution using the word "crusade" around any of your new found friends that aren't of Western origin (and still then would refrain) ;-)
popalock likes this.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #30 of 141 Old 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Sibuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,261
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Yes sir. Too bad I wasn't able to ship my box (that Gorilla cut for me) over here. I'm going to have to find some local wood and start from scratch...


I don't know WTF happened to that video. It was by far the coolest video that I found on Youtube showcasing the awesomeness of Qatar. Probably their government stepping in to take it down because it was too cool... I'm kinda regretting not copying it and just posting up on my channel.
why couldn't you send them over?
Sibuna is online now  
Reply What's Your System Configuration
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off