Upgrade bug has hit! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-20-2014, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Upgrade bug has hit!

Hey guys been quite some time since I've really been on here! Upgrade bug has hit, and really can't decide what will make a noticeable improvement in sound.

Sound systems specs...
Pioneer VSX-1121-K
Antimode 8033
RC-70's
RC-LCR
RC-10's surround
Rythmik F15 w/Subdude (makes no difference w/ Subdude)

Right now, these are the options I'm leaning towards right now....
1) Another F15
2) Denon 4520CI, and could get XT32. Then I could sell current AVR and Antimode.

Don't really want room treatments just yet, because I keep moving! Drives me nuts, but have no choice.

I also have a 55" TV I'm mounting above computer monitors, with a PS3, PS4, anx Xbox 360. I just set this up and took pics, so they aren't there yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140819_183636.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	221106  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-22-2014, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Explain in detail what is currently wrong with your system? That whole upgrade bug thing, forget it for a moment.
Does your system distort when you play movies and music?
Are all the parts of your system working?

Again: Explain in detail WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR SYSTEM..

Last edited by kevon27; 08-22-2014 at 08:07 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-22-2014, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
You have a very nice list of equipment!! For me, most definitively another F15. I think it would be the most significant upgrade sonically. Having said that, we know nothing about your listening habits, how big is your room etc.

Seeing that we like pics here, well, you know, pictures please
post #4 of 5 Old 08-23-2014, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nothing is seriously wrong per se, just a nerd with HT and PC's. But I do know being nearfield right now I can easily tell where the sub bass is coming from easily at 80hz xover. If I do 50hz it's a lot better, but it's not as smooth. So was thinking if I had another F15 I could flank the speakers or get them closer and with the 80hz, and I think it would seem like the 80hz and below would be more from the speakers.

The room is 12'x12', everyone's favorite dimensions for best sonic qualities(jking on this). But it's not bad being nearfield. Just being able to tell where the bass is coming from is slightly annoying and new to me.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2014, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen View Post
Nothing is seriously wrong per se, just a nerd with HT and PC's. But I do know being nearfield right now I can easily tell where the sub bass is coming from easily at 80hz xover. If I do 50hz it's a lot better, but it's not as smooth. So was thinking if I had another F15 I could flank the speakers or get them closer and with the 80hz, and I think it would seem like the 80hz and below would be more from the speakers.

The room is 12'x12', everyone's favorite dimensions for best sonic qualities(jking on this). But it's not bad being nearfield. Just being able to tell where the bass is coming from is slightly annoying and new to me.
Okay, so you kinda answered your own question as to which component in your equipment you should upgrade: The sub, by adding a second one.. But before you go out an buy another sub.. Try moving the sub to different places in the room. This way you maybe able to reduce the bass localization.

Also, you may need better sub equalization than the anti-mode device..

Last edited by kevon27; 08-25-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page