AVS Forum banner

my ht setup :)

825 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  zielin 
#1 ·
My small one bedroom NYC apt :) (Dumbo, Brooklyn)

Equipment:
Panasonic TC-P65VT60 HDTV (65")
Pioneer Elite SC-89 A/V Receiver
Oppo BDP-105D
Microsoft Xbox One
Sony PlayStation 4
DirecTV HD24-500
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote
HTPC* (see spec below)

Speakers:
PSB Imagine C Gloss Black center channel speaker
PSB Imagine T2 Gloss Black floorstanding speaker
PSB Imagine S Black Pair Tri-mode surround speakers
PSB HD10 SubSeries Ultra-Compact 10", 750 watt Sub

HTPC:
Asus x79 sabertooth mobo, Core i7-4930k @ 4.4ghz (water cooled)
G.Skill 2666 DDR3 (16gigs), Seasonic 1000 Watt PSU
Samsung 850 pro 512gig x 2
NVidia GTX 980 EVGA x2 (SLI)
Windows 8.1 pro
steamcommunity.com/id/zurv

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: audiofan1
#3 ·
thanks.. i took more pix.. but the came out blurry. i'll need a sunny day for more.
Yeah, the stand is really nice. It is by BDI. I'd strongly recommend them. It is real wood too. not a veneer.

#4 ·
Hi zielin, nice and clean setup you are showing here, indeed. Congrats!:)

Some points to discuss:

1. I don't see the center speaker (PSB Imagine C) on your photos.
2. The front L&Rs may benefit from a slight toe-in towards the MLP (Main Listening Position) a.k.a. center of couch. This to improve sound stage imaging up front. Maybe something worth to experiment with.
3. Care to share photos of surround speakers?

#7 ·
Looks great. I like the look of the VT60 on the wall. I will be mounting mine on the wall one of these days.

#8 ·
Nice gear and dogs!

#9 ·
Nice set up. I also have the BDI, and have my center channel in the same spot..I also know why you have your receiver on the side...the center section is too shallow for a full sized receiver with the rear wall of the cabinet is more forward in the center. I have my x4100w there right now and can't fully close the door...I plan to move it in the exact same spot you have it when I get the time...but I do love the convience of the BDI on wheels, and the sliding left and right rear access panels. :)

#10 ·
yeah.. no way in hell one is getting a full AVR without the back open. I don't fault BDI for it - AVR + banana plugs is pretty deep. Same issue with a large computer case. But this seems to be the case with most "TV Stands"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.