Newb saying hello and thanks - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-02-2016, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Newb saying hello and thanks

Wanted to say thanks for all the good information/opinions and such on this site.

Used this place to search out items for our dedicated home theater build while I finish the basement in our home that was finished Nov 2015. I tend to research things quite a bit and many searches came back to this site.

Getting to the point of the pre-drywall inspection on the physical build of our HT. Pics coming as soon as I get to that point so I can capture everything and its place for reference before it is covered with drywall.

A few compromises have been made for budget and just timing concerns...call this build phase I and phase II would be taking a crack at some of the compromises. Soundproofing was one of the compromises...I am going to insulate the ceiling and walls but at this time that is about it. I was going back and forth with clips/hat and building a second room inside the HT room. The cost and fire inspection questions I just don't want to mess with more involved soundproofing...I totally get the benefits and am 90% sure it will be done at a future date. I have done everything except the drywall. I would not mind doing the drywall in one room (say the HT) but the whole basement...no thanks I have a day job, wife and 3yr old.

The room: Framed 18'8"x12'10" and 7'8" ceiling height. 2 of the walls are spaced 3in off the poured concrete foundation walls with r5 foam insulation against the concrete. If I build a room within a room at phase II with 4in framing and leave a 3in gap between walls in phase II I will still end up with about a 18'1x12'3" room adding clips/hat to the ceiling. The room is under our master bedroom and part of the living room, kids rooms are on the opposite side of the house.

Electrical: Outlets are 12-2 on a arc fault/GFI breaker dedicated to just this room.
Lighting: consists of 4 recessed can lights and the room is otherwise dark with very little light to no ambient light as there is no window and the door is removed from any natural light source.
speaker wiring: 16ga OFC/solid copper wired for 11.2 (figuring on running 5.1.2 out the gate but want the option of 7.2.4 with little fuss).

Components purchased so far are -
Projector: BenQ HT2050
Receiver: Denon SVC X1200W
Front speakers: Pioneer Floor standing SP-FS52
Center speaker: Pioneer SP-C22
Surround: Pioneer Bookshelf SP-BS22-LR
Atmos: Pioneer Atmos enabled SP-T22A-LR
Subwoofer: Klipsch R-12SW

Near term purchases -
Screen I want is the 120" Silver Ticket and next on the purchase list.
Want to pick up eithe another set of bookshelf speakers and another set of atmos add ons or the all in one pair to have a 7.x.4 speaker set that is matched. Might just pick up a another set of atmos add ons.

The projector was picked over the Epson 5040ub as I just want more time for the 4k stuff to come down in price...the BenQ should be nice enough for a few years to buy me time but at the same time I wont be in it for so much that I wont want to replace it in just a few years.

If I upgrade speakers at phase II it would probably be keeping it in the Andrew Jones direction with the Elac debut series. Thanks for reading my short story and thanks again to the AVS forum community for the research available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page