Looking to build my first true HT/Media room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-28-2007, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, my wife and I purchased our first home about 1 month ago. We're still in the process of putting stuff away, then it's onto remodeling. The HT, or as I like to call it, The Man Cave, is getting done first.

I already have a few components left over from my apt. setup. They are...

Sony 3-way tower speakers for the front
Bose center ch.
Sony STR-DA3200ES receiver
Sony single 12" powered sub

Now, what I know for sure I want...

61" Samsung LED rear-projection TV (perhaps a 67" if they make one w/ LED next year)
I do have DishNet now, and plan on upgrading to their HD service once I purchase the TV.

Now, one of the questions I have considers the rear/side channels, and even possibly the front and center channels as well. I've been looking at Boston Acoustic Bravo II's. I remember Boston Acoustics being a good product from my car-stereo installation days, and they seem relatively decent in price.

Would it be normal to mount the center channel on the wall directly above the TV, even though the TV will be a rear-projection and not a flat-screen? Will it cause any sound-imaging problems? I really wouldn't think it would, but I'd rather have others' input also. Also, for the Bravo II's, would they make a good front/rear speaker? Would these work as well for the side speakers as well, or is there something else recommended.

I do want all my speakers mounted on the wall or ceiling, which is one of the reasons I'm considering getting rid of my towers in favor of the BA's.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page