My Phase Tech Teatro/Bravia LCD/Denon/Panny Blu-Ray Setup w/ pics - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2007, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Well, finished the setup in my condo for now. Room is approx 14' x 21'. System consists of:

Blu-Ray Player:

Panasonic DPM-BD30K

Reciever:

Denon AVR-1604 (rated 6 x 75 watts, though I'm only utilizing 5 channels)

Television:

Sony Bravia KDL-40W3000 40" LCD (a little small, but a perfect fit for the opening beneath the stairs)

Speakers:

2 x Phase Technology Teatro 7.5 Towers (7" Vapor Deposited Titatium woofer, 1" soft dome tweeter)

1 x Phase Technology Teatro 6.5 (center channel, 2 x 5.25 mids, 1" tweeter)

2 x Phase Technology Teatro 4.5 (surrounds, 5.25 mid, 1" tweeter)

Subwoofer:

Dayton Loudspeaker Titanic Mk II 12" 4 ohm. 4 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 23 hz with 4" dimater aeroflow port. 250 watt dayton plate amplifier. Custom build by yours truly. The Wood Vinyl covering isn't in the greatest shape after about 5 moves and some abuse, so it's a good thing this monolithic piece of equipment gets to hid behind the TV.

TV source:

Time Warner "Scinentific Atlanta" hd ready cable box

I've had the speakers, sub and reciever for 5 years now and they've held up great. Recently acquired the TV and Blu-Ray player. The Phase Techs sound great and have really held up well, can't really complain for the price (think I paid about $1300 for all the phase techs).

The electronics are currently sitting on top of the sub, which is directly behind the TV....this causes problems sometimes because my panny blu-ray player will skip during bass-intense passages. I need to either put some kind of shock absorbing material under the panny or figure out a new location for it. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

I may upgrade the denon avr-1604 to an HDMI capable reciever in the future, in order to take advantage of the new Codec's on most blu-ray soundtracks, but I'm in no hurry as it sounds pretty good to my ears right now.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2007, 11:59 PM

Looks good. Maybe you want to move the stack of electronics to a stand off to the side. Looks pretty precariously stacked
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

They're actually on top of the subwoofer, which may make it even more precarious

Reason I stack it that way is so the center channel is right in the middle of the TV. I guess I probably should move it all over though since offsetting the center channel 8" to the left would be unlikely to have an audible effect on the sound.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM

I know I'm just a tad late on this ... but I ran into this while searching for something else. One should NEVER stack any source equipment (CD/DVD) or an amplifier on top of a speaker of any kind, especially not a sub. The vibration will absolutely 100% affect the sound negatively, and most importantly do a great deal of damage to the sensitive parts inside your equipment.