Game Modes: Single Player, Multiplayer

Full Game Size: 17.4GB

Disc Install Size: 8.4GB

Resolution: 720p

Frame Rate: 30fps

Audio Format(s): Dolby Digital, 5.1PCM

Release Date: September 17th, 2013

Synopsis:

The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game’s three lead characters, playing all sides of the game’s interwoven story.

All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto’s darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.

My Take:

Open world games are a dime a dozen nowadays, but Grand Theft Auto V proves once again that Rockstar is at the head of the class. It's taken an army of hundreds of designers and artists the better part of a decade to craft, and it's obvious that not a moment of that time was wasted. The value of open world games is frequently measured by the size of their world, but they all too often consist of small islands of interesting content separated by vast tracts of empty space and pointless filler. The city of "Los Santos" is the polar opposite, and is absolutely overflowing with detail. No two blocks of the city are alike, painstakingly modeled after real locations in Los Angeles such as Venice Beach and the Hollywood strip. Although it has it's fair share of wilderness, even the mountain ranges and forests feel carefully hand crafted. I was initially apprehensive about the scope of the world, assuming a large part of it would be filler, but I'm happy to admit that I couldn't have been more wrong about that. It feels like there's several games worth of high quality content on the disc.

More than anything else, Los Santos genuinely feels like a living, breathing city. There's no shortage of attractions to catch your attention, ranging from a mundane sightseeing tour of the "Vinewood" strip to motocross races in the desert and even a full blown triathlon. Given all that there is to do in Los Santos, it's easy to forget that there's also a lengthy storyline. In typical GTA fashion, it follows the path of a small time criminal as he grows to full fledged criminal mastermind. A unique twist this time around is that you control not one character, but three. They're all despicable human beings in their own unique way, ranging from the cliche retired bank robber to a full blown meth addicted psychopath. Franklin, the small time street criminal with lofty aspirations, is probably the closest to a normal human being, having at least a shred of a conscience. But Trevor's impulsive and sociopathic antics are so far beyond the bounds of acceptable human behavior that it's impossible to take his character seriously. And you're clearly not meant to, as he perfectly encapsulates how much less self-serious GTA V is than it's predecessor. Although the core storyline manages to maintain enough plausibility, just about everyone you will meet along the way is a ridiculous caricature of one stereotype or another. Although it's not as flat out absurd as Saint's Row, it has quite a bit of fun with itself in a genuinely silly way, rather than the often unbearable snarkiness of GTA IV.

The highlight of the campaign are the heists, where all three team up together to pull off an elaborate robbery. Of course it rarely goes off as planned, which leads to some very intense chase sequences. Even within the less complex missions, there's an impressive amount of variation. It's quite a feat that within the hundred or so missions the trio can engage in, there's always a unique twist to each and every one.

By all accounts a game that's built on such a reprehensible foundation shouldn't be this much fun, but casually tossing aside behavioral norms and committing horrible crimes against humanity with no consequences somehow manages to be incredibly entertaining. When the entirety of the Los Santos police force is on your tail and you manage to ditch them by driving a stolen garbage truck through the golf course where you just shot four under par, it all comes together. It's only because Rockstar has crafted such a convincing replica of a real city that the fantasy works as well as it does. It's a solid improvement on it's predecessor in almost every way, but it's unlikely to change anyone's mind about the series. GTA has a huge following, and they're catering entirely to that crowd. Even though some of the game mechanics are still lacking in basic polish, the fact that I still can't pull myself away from the game after dozens of hours of play speaks volumes about how engaging the entire package is.

Parental Guide:

Anyone that lets a child near this game should have Child Protective Services called on them. GTA V glorifies and allows you to take part in every felony crime on the book, including but not limited to: carjacking, murder, prostitution, assault, grand larceny, DUI, extortion, identity theft and drug abuse from amphetamines to X. There's frequent and explicit nudity, sexual content that goes far beyond mere suggestion, and it can barely go 60 seconds without dropping the N-word or the F-bomb.  

KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN. SERIOUSLY.      

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:

REFERENCE = 90-100 / EXCELLENT = 80-89 / GOOD = 65-79 / AVERAGE = 55-65 /BELOW AVERAGE = under 55

**Ratings are judged against the state of the art in contemporary games. As technology rapidly improves, standards will raise appropriately.**

Audio: 92

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics: euBAT4heYkgNgfldjPbbkjegOQhRO9H4_y5z7N8KJ1jqtUN3A94s0Id-VGRgWrlW6nPSY0H3Yk4E3uIoQc1bmI302q8-dMXFeaOI2WRQoOYXghdlrYH3Obk8oQ

• Low Frequency Extension: 0i6xTdlVN3I9xT3gyoqE-ICvoe4jmmv0t_Rn5Aiz-NGh5PzN2Gv0NKzkxOEfAO-OPuI8bUG5m04hJYBFka-9Hh9IdTK9P55tqgv8vtk3biZx7mBSVR54dj-zng

• Positional/Environmental Cues: euBAT4heYkgNgfldjPbbkjegOQhRO9H4_y5z7N8KJ1jqtUN3A94s0Id-VGRgWrlW6nPSY0H3Yk4E3uIoQc1bmI302q8-dMXFeaOI2WRQoOYXghdlrYH3Obk8oQ

• Detail/Realism: 0i6xTdlVN3I9xT3gyoqE-ICvoe4jmmv0t_Rn5Aiz-NGh5PzN2Gv0NKzkxOEfAO-OPuI8bUG5m04hJYBFka-9Hh9IdTK9P55tqgv8vtk3biZx7mBSVR54dj-zng

• Dialogue/Mix Quality: 0i6xTdlVN3I9xT3gyoqE-ICvoe4jmmv0t_Rn5Aiz-NGh5PzN2Gv0NKzkxOEfAO-OPuI8bUG5m04hJYBFka-9Hh9IdTK9P55tqgv8vtk3biZx7mBSVR54dj-zng

GTA V steps it up a notch from it's predecessor, and brings the goods on the audio side. It's up there with the best when it comes to dynamics, allowing you to turn your AVR up to near reference level to utilize the full range of your gear. Barely a minute goes by without a car crash or explosion, but more than enough headroom is saved to make them sound as fearsome as they should. Deep, subsonic LFE adds weight to the effects when necessary. Your subwoofer isn't rumbling all the time, but when it does, it does so with authority. Positioning and environmental modeling are perfect, and it even goes the extra mile to allow you to specify the width and configuration of your speakers—a really nice touch, and I wish more games went that extra mile. The quality of effects is excellent all around, everything sounds just like the real thing, from shattering glass to the roar of a high powered engine. If there's any one place where it falls short, it's the weak sputter of most of the firearms, which feels completely out of place considering how high quality everything else is. If they were allowed to soak up that last 5db of headroom, it would have been glorious. It's really the only thing to complain about, it's a fantastic sounding game on the whole.

Video: 76

• Resolution/Aliasing: 7_MJKmSLgM9HtgBn0YcebYeRWy5vBBCwpCC0jHnmmy7gRw1THSNP8hvjtDH5GH9Qb-DKRN2nZGtIvqogsQ72bCb3zNXdJq3wHgT-PYp4zQV1iWqub4RbeqyL5w

• Frame Rate: 7_MJKmSLgM9HtgBn0YcebYeRWy5vBBCwpCC0jHnmmy7gRw1THSNP8hvjtDH5GH9Qb-DKRN2nZGtIvqogsQ72bCb3zNXdJq3wHgT-PYp4zQV1iWqub4RbeqyL5w

• Calibration Adherence: zNZiUsThO2UGDxq7Trdozdq3RrC5YP9Vl1Vx57SQrU9fu5AkY9mizJSa_ks_lxyOUfc8ghQBGK4IQdnk2PUxq6mWwbDulAkhBSEuA3QwIfrVO9Bzinl72Nx97Q

• Technical Quality: zNZiUsThO2UGDxq7Trdozdq3RrC5YP9Vl1Vx57SQrU9fu5AkY9mizJSa_ks_lxyOUfc8ghQBGK4IQdnk2PUxq6mWwbDulAkhBSEuA3QwIfrVO9Bzinl72Nx97Q

• Art Design/Production Values: zNZiUsThO2UGDxq7Trdozdq3RrC5YP9Vl1Vx57SQrU9fu5AkY9mizJSa_ks_lxyOUfc8ghQBGK4IQdnk2PUxq6mWwbDulAkhBSEuA3QwIfrVO9Bzinl72Nx97Q

It's amazing what Rockstar has been able to squeeze out of the current gen, but these aging consoles can barely keep up with it's ambitions. Resolution is native 720p, but there's a ton of aliasing and pixel crawling—the presentation is harsh and ugly while driving around the city at a fast pace. Performance is merely acceptable, hovering around 30fps in lighter scenes but frequently dipping when just about anything happens on screen. As bad as that may sound, it's still quite playable, and until Rockstar announces the inevitable next generation or PC version, it's all we've got. It shouldn't entirely dissuade you from enjoying GTA V as it is, because the underlying graphics are simply phenomenal. The size of the world is staggering enough, being several times larger than GTA IV, but the attention to detail of every square inch of the vast open world is incredibly impressive. And that detail never holds the gameplay back—you can hop in a helicopter and fly up half a mile with the entirety of the city in view beneath you, and then ditch the chopper in mid-air and land half a mile away, flawlessly transitioning from the aerial to the street view without any load times whatsoever and very little pop-in. It's absolutely amazing technology—there are plenty of open world games that can handle scale like that, but none with this level of detail. Normal maps add fine texture to every surface, and the weather/atmospheric effects are some of the best I've ever seen. The physics engine has seen a serious upgrade, with plenty of instances of buildings shattering to little pieces. The real-time facial animation is second only to LA Noire, but their motion capture tech has no peer, and it's put to frequent use in well-acted cutscenes.

I hate to sound like a broken record on this, but it deserves better than what the positively geriatric current generation consoles are capable of delivering. It remains impressive despite that, but unless they get an updated version out there before the world moves on, they're short changing a masterpiece of visual design.

Game Design: 72

• Overall Gameplay: 0i6xTdlVN3I9xT3gyoqE-ICvoe4jmmv0t_Rn5Aiz-NGh5PzN2Gv0NKzkxOEfAO-OPuI8bUG5m04hJYBFka-9Hh9IdTK9P55tqgv8vtk3biZx7mBSVR54dj-zng

• Controls/Feel: ZVoc_OPw0sBQC-r09YAn_qWJNLImgOSOB-XRQmYPU9U2QFYZJ7hLpmHnTPLXKt4vqPWynqoRKoy7VQPU--gP-0XGtQszfp9YMJF-BEw76huTHyK0iBWx7vseLA

• Interface: ZVoc_OPw0sBQC-r09YAn_qWJNLImgOSOB-XRQmYPU9U2QFYZJ7hLpmHnTPLXKt4vqPWynqoRKoy7VQPU--gP-0XGtQszfp9YMJF-BEw76huTHyK0iBWx7vseLA

• Stability: euBAT4heYkgNgfldjPbbkjegOQhRO9H4_y5z7N8KJ1jqtUN3A94s0Id-VGRgWrlW6nPSY0H3Yk4E3uIoQc1bmI302q8-dMXFeaOI2WRQoOYXghdlrYH3Obk8oQ

• Load Time: ZVoc_OPw0sBQC-r09YAn_qWJNLImgOSOB-XRQmYPU9U2QFYZJ7hLpmHnTPLXKt4vqPWynqoRKoy7VQPU--gP-0XGtQszfp9YMJF-BEw76huTHyK0iBWx7vseLA

GTA V feels almost exactly like it's predecessor in the gameplay department. That's either a good or a bad thing depending on your point of view. Your freedom to navigate the world is unmatched, and there's more side activities than ever. On the upside, the driving mechanics have been vastly improved, on the other hand, the on-foot movement and shooting is as sluggish and disconnected as ever. Perhaps it's a wee bit tighter than before, but it still doesn't feel anywhere near as good as other shooters. The controls are very complex, every button is used in so many different ways that I often had trouble remembering how to initiate simple actions like detonating a bomb, but the game is otherwise such a blast to play that you just learn to deal with it. The interface is sensible but cluttered—it's primarily managed through a simulated mobile phone and web browser. It's clever, but can sometimes be clunky. You'll never have trouble finding your objective thanks to ever-present GPS, but the mid-mission checkpoints are spaced a bit too far apart. And while there's a fair bit of the expected open world roughness, it's a very stable game. Load times are also a mixed bag—the up front load time takes forever, and in rare instances you'll even get dropped to a completely blank screen for a few seconds, but the vast majority of the time spent playing will be seamless and load-free.

Final Thoughts:

While it's not going to change anyone's mind about the series, it takes everything GTA is known for to the next level, and then some. It's been in the oven for a very long time, but seeing the final product, it's easy to see why. The concept hasn't changed, but the execution is nearly flawless, and it's a must play for it's intended audience...which doesn't include children, unless you're trying to breed a monster. I can't stress that enough!

Mark D'Aria

AVS Forum Video Game Reviews

Reference Review System:

Panasonic TC-P60ST30 60" 1080P 3D Plasma Display (Calibrated with i1 Display LT)

Anthem MRX300 7.1 Channel AVR (Calibrated with Anthem ARC)

Paradigm Studio 40 v.3 (Main)

Paradigm CC-470 v.3 (Center)

Paradigm Studio 20 v.4 (Surround)

Velodyne HGS-18 (Subwoofer)

Sony Playstation 3 Slim (500GB Seagate Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid HDD)

Microsoft Xbox 360

Custom Gaming PC (Intel i5-3470, Nvidia GTX 760, 8GB DDR3, Samsung 840 SSD)

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 09-30-2013, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
How dare you not give GTA a perfect score! May the wrath of a million fanboys decend upon you! tongue.gif

Great review as always, keep it up. biggrin.gif
agkss likes this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3 of 22 Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Thanks for the review. I can't find anything to disagree with. The ambient sound really is terrific and is a large part of making the world feel so alive. I also love the subtle use of incidental music throughout the game.
post #4 of 22 Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
My only complaint so far is the same thing I hated about GTA4. The onscreen text is too small. Every time there is an onscreen hint or a text message on the phone I have to get up and move closer to the screen to read it. I understand that these games are developed by people on computers with their eyeballs 2 ft. from the screen but I like to play on the couch from about 10 ft. away.

post #5 of 22 Old 10-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
I'm waiting on a definitive version of GTAV, so not sure, but in GTAIV there was a in phone option for "large text" for the geezers out there.

One of the best reviews on GTA5 I've read so far.

Fair while being able to actually go into the both technical details, limitations, and list the faults; which are all but missing in 95% of the reviews out there.
post #6 of 22 Old 10-04-2013, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Ive been addicted to this game since the midnite release and Im totally in love with it. Its a 10 out of 10 for me and prolly one of my favorite games ever. I love the humor of it all and the voice acting and dialouge and all the banter is just top notch. GOTY for me.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #7 of 22 Old 10-05-2013, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 205
I love this game. I've be playing close to 30 hours and only completed 23 missions. And there's 58 strangers and freaks missions and I've only done 13. There's so many other things to do besides the main story. Last night I was messing around for like 2 hours. Causing trouble, bothering gangs, driving around listening to the radio. Which is really good.

GTAV is so much better than 4 in every way. To me it's a mix between part 3 and San Andreas.

home theater addict
post #8 of 22 Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
The online sucks. No way to skip the tutorial. Other than that great game. Audio in pcm supports up to 7.1 channels. The graphics need improvement as there's lots of lag in framerates...
post #9 of 22 Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 AM

Liked: 17
Been playing this since it came out. Highly recommended!
post #10 of 22 Old 10-07-2013, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post

My only complaint so far is the same thing I hated about GTA4. The onscreen text is too small. Every time there is an onscreen hint or a text message on the phone I have to get up and move closer to the screen to read it. I understand that these games are developed by people on computers with their eyeballs 2 ft. from the screen but I like to play on the couch from about 10 ft. away.

Same here...

I play from across the room, far enough away that the resolution and jaggies are not really an issue. But I have squint or lean way in to even chance reading most of the text. They must have chosen 4pt font or something.

This game is what I had hoped GTAIV would be. I realized early on that I will never have the same love I did for GTAIII (I mean they stole the story from Scarface... how are you going to top that?) but I find GTAV's single player enjoyable and often times engrossing. It's not addicting like it sucks me in but I find myself happily unwinding to the well written story and very enjoyable characters on a regular basis.

The online is fun, however how long that will last we will see... heists will hopefully add to it's lifespan but I can already feel myself looking at GTAO as a fancy lobby for the various MP game types.

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D
post #11 of 22 Old 10-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

The online is ok...i tried the tutorial...seen how many people leave the game every second....looks like the story mode is the way to go...read something that rockstar is going to reset all characters this week...if u want a good online ps3 experience try tekken revolution. Plus it's free on psn....add me kascnef82.
post #12 of 22 Old 10-07-2013, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 120
bd2003-"Parental Guide:
Anyone that lets a child near this game should have Child Protective Services called on them. GTA V glorifies and allows you to take part in every felony crime on the book, including but not limited to: carjacking, murder, prostitution, assault, grand larceny, DUI, extortion, identity theft and drug abuse from amphetamines to X. There's frequent and explicit nudity, sexual content that goes far beyond mere suggestion, and it can barely go 60 seconds without dropping the N-word or the F-bomb. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN. SERIOUSLY."
I have never played these games and I don't think I will play this one. But man that is ridiculous stuff right there. I just don't agree with making games like that. IDK.
post #13 of 22 Old 10-08-2013, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

bd2003-"Parental Guide:
Anyone that lets a child near this game should have Child Protective Services called on them. GTA V glorifies and allows you to take part in every felony crime on the book, including but not limited to: carjacking, murder, prostitution, assault, grand larceny, DUI, extortion, identity theft and drug abuse from amphetamines to X. There's frequent and explicit nudity, sexual content that goes far beyond mere suggestion, and it can barely go 60 seconds without dropping the N-word or the F-bomb. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN. SERIOUSLY."
I have never played these games and I don't think I will play this one. But man that is ridiculous stuff right there. I just don't agree with making games like that. IDK.

It's pretty far out there compared to other games, but I've seen much worse on HBO. Most people intuitively understand not to sit a 6 year old in front of the Sopranos, but games still carry the stigma of being for children. GTA is kind of the standard bearer for games that are for adults, and only adults...but there's still plenty of room to make it way more explicit in the next few iterations. 

post #14 of 22 Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

bd2003-"Parental Guide:

Have you ever watched television or a movie? Since you say that you don't think you'll play this one I was wondering if you have a console? Do you play other games? I'm genuinely curious to know where your line is drawn with gaming.
post #15 of 22 Old 10-08-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It's pretty far out there compared to other games, but I've seen much worse on HBO. Most people intuitively understand not to sit a 6 year old in front of the Sopranos, but games still carry the stigma of being for children. GTA is kind of the standard bearer for games that are for adults, and only adults...but there's still plenty of room to make it way more explicit in the next few iterations. 

Well said. Just look at the top Xbox 360 games and you should know immediately that this is not a kids toy:

1. GTA V
  2. Call of Duty Black Ops
  3. Halo 3
  4. Minecraft
  5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  6. Gears of War
  7. Gears of War 2
  8. Halo: Reach
  9. GTA IV
  10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

These are somewhat out of order... I copied from wikipedia but the sorting didn't work properly.
post #16 of 22 Old 10-09-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I love this game. Great review, thanks.

Kaboom.
post #17 of 22 Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 AM

Liked: 13
First off- GREAT EFFING REVIEW!
For the most part I'm with you 100% on the review with a few minor quibbles:
1) Graphically, the game is incredible. To blame the game for the limitations of the hardware is ridiculous. Rockstar has managed to wring all the juice out of this generation of consoles. It's even more apparent to see what they've done when you compare it to GTA IV and it's muddy textures and bland colors. I'd love to se it on PS4 or Xbox one but we know that's not happening soon.
2) On-foot action is vastly improved from GTA IV, especially the combat. Is it on the level of a Gears of War, or Halo? Hell no, but when you look at it's level of variety, I'd say they did a helluva job. Shooters do one thing and one thing only. To hold a Game like GTA to that standard and expect them to beat it is unreasonable.
post #18 of 22 Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by khackshaw View Post

First off- GREAT EFFING REVIEW!
For the most part I'm with you 100% on the review with a few minor quibbles:
1) Graphically, the game is incredible. To blame the game for the limitations of the hardware is ridiculous. Rockstar has managed to wring all the juice out of this generation of consoles. It's even more apparent to see what they've done when you compare it to GTA IV and it's muddy textures and bland colors. I'd love to se it on PS4 or Xbox one but we know that's not happening soon.

The graphics are excellent, but the performance suffers as a result. The reason I hold the limitations of the consoles against them to some degree, is that those limitations are a known quantity. Ultimately it's lackluster performance wasn't a hardware issue, but a deliberate choice on their part. They could have pared the graphics back a bit until they could more reliably stay above 30fps, but it was their choice not to do so.
Quote:
2) On-foot action is vastly improved from GTA IV, especially the combat. Is it on the level of a Gears of War, or Halo? Hell no, but when you look at it's level of variety, I'd say they did a helluva job. Shooters do one thing and one thing only. To hold a Game like GTA to that standard and expect them to beat it is unreasonable.

I'm of the belief that if you're going to do something, do it right, or don't do it at all. They've had many years to fix it, but the shooting mechanics are still so poor that they have to rely completely on automatic aiming. They seem to recognize how bad it is, as relatively few missions are based around it. It's somewhat improved from GTA IV, but that's an incredibly low bar to begin with. It doesn't need to be on the level of gears of war, but it's well below the standards set by other open world games like infamous or just cause. The shooting sequences were by far the least exciting parts of the game.

But despite all that, the overall package is so good that you can overlook its flaws and still have a great time with it.

post #19 of 22 Old 10-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

the shooting mechanics are still so poor that they have to rely completely on automatic aiming.

AMEN! Would it kill them to put up a reticle that we could actually see from more than 18" away?

post #20 of 22 Old 10-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

One thing i hate about this game is the control scheme for other vehicles like planes, cranes, and trailers....the sub is ok. I love how you can skip some parts of a mission in order to advance and get a bronze medal. For Rockstar to make another gta game for next gen consoles...it should adopt 1080p at 60fps....
post #21 of 22 Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post

Have you ever watched television or a movie? Since you say that you don't think you'll play this one I was wondering if you have a console? Do you play other games? I'm genuinely curious to know where your line is drawn with gaming.

Totally agree. Violence is everywhere in movies and in tv. Nothing new to our society. Heck watch CSI and you'll get more blood and gore.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #22 of 22 Old 10-18-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post

AMEN! Would it kill them to put up a reticle that we could actually see from more than 18" away?

They do man just look under settings. Think u switch from normal to advanced or something like that than you get a circle and dot reticule

JBL Pro Cinema
Reply Official AVS Video Game Reviews

Tags
Grand Theft Auto V , Reviews , Review

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page