AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #31 of 35 Old 06-19-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
I had an LCD above 40" but dumped it (I still have several under 40"), but this thread isn't about me. You'll notice I liked Steve's post as well because I believe we plasma guys do indeed have a serious issue, yet we are not alone! I would say the same for any other self-respecting videophile if this is the last display tech standing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-19-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
I had an LCD above 40" but dumped it (I still have several under 40"), but this thread isn't about me. You'll notice I liked Steve's post as well because I believe we plasma guys do indeed have a serious issue, yet we are not alone! I would say the same for any other self-respecting videophile if this is the last display tech standing.
I like my plasma also and given a choice of the sets I have of only keeping one I would choose the Plasma
OTOH I'm not a videophile just an enthusiast but I can appreciate the videophile viewpoints and sets at the same time . FWIW my LCD's are intentionally 42" or under with the plasma being bigger here because of its better picture of the sets I have .I think the Sammie 5XXX Plasma is a lot of bang for the buck picture wise and if you can control the room lighting
it's hard if not impossible to beat for at least twice the $$$ or more . ofc the 8500 is even better .

Although a 50 - 55 " Sony W8XXX might happen in the bedroom at the end of the model yr or sooner when discounts can be found it's a bright room and requires an LCD .

edit : comment removed

The article beginning this thread is somewhat incorrect as things stand today regarding 4K (UHD) HDMI 2.0 support in 2014 and FWIW should be updated as things stand with HDMI 2.0 and could be unintentionally misleading today at least regarding 2014 4K (UHD ) sets in many cases IMO . The rest of the article is good as usual for Scott and AVS
Although I do largely agree that decent 1080p is usually *good enough * in most cases and view distances but pretty soon all the premium sets are or will will be 4K (UHD ) anyway so for the premium buyers the choices are going to be mostly 4k or step down models at least with LCD anyway .

edit: comment removed

Whether we like or not plasma displays are a dying technology for reasons beyond our control nothing can change that it's a dead issue even though I would have preferred Panasonic stayed in the Plasma game if for nothing else but to provide the benchmark for most other TV's .

As always best regards .
vinnie97 likes this.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-22-2014 at 08:35 PM.
post #33 of 35 Old 06-19-2014, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
No worries...this whole thing erupted when I tried to explain the potential reasoning behind someone's post that wasn't my own. Those posts are all gone now, but Artwood rekindled the drama and Steve took the bait.
post #34 of 35 Old 06-19-2014, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Vinney ,It's cool I missed the fun and perhaps interpreted things a bit out context because of that wouldn't be the first time

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #35 of 35 Old 06-26-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
No worries...this whole thing erupted when I tried to explain the potential reasoning behind someone's post that wasn't my own. Those posts are all gone now, but Artwood rekindled the drama and Steve took the bait.
If you mean me vinnie that was pretty stupid of me now wasn't it? My apologies. From now on I aint going to get suckered into the drama that goes on. I'm staying out of it.
Reply AVS Articles

User Tag List