post #1 of 1 Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Frequently Asked Questions

Registration Issues

Why do I need to validate my email?

In order to get e-mail digests of your subscriptions (stuff you care about around the site) and notifications of private messages from your fellow users, you must validate your email. We also may send a newsletter periodically to update you on the goings on of the community. You can choose to receive any, all, or none of these by clicking the "My Profile" tab at the top of this page, then the "Edit Account" button at the top of that page.

I never got my email validation email.
If it has been more than fifteen minutes, check your Spam folder in your email client to ensure that it was accidentally quarantined. To resend your verification email, log in. On your logged in home page, if you have not verified your email you will see an alert next to your avatar that says, "Your email address has not been verified. If you're experiencing additional issues, please contact us.

I forgot my password. What should I do?
From the password reset page, you can send a password reset email which will include a link to change your password. Or you can always contact us.

How do I change password, email address, and my user name?
From your usercp, you can reset your password, email address, and other account details. AVS Forum usernames are permanent and cannot be altered, deleted, or replaced with another account.

Where is my forum signature?
Members may have a custom signature file that can be edited from the usercp. Only active members on the site will have access to the signature editor.

What are subscriptions?
Our members create a great deal of content, but not all of it will be for you - that's why you can subscribe to what's interesting. You can subscribe to specific threads in forums to stay informed.

The BB Code Editor is a simplified editor with fewer formatting options but allows you to use familiar BB Code tags. For quick responses without a great deal of formatting, the BB Code Editor is a great choice. Our BB Code Editor supports:
  • Bold - [b]
  • Italics - [i]
  • Underline - [u]
  • Insert URL - [url] or http://example.com]
  • Insert image - [img]
  • Quote - [quote]
  • Smilie parsing
  • Strikethrough - [s]
  • Colored text
  • Lists -
    • Entry 1
    • Entry 2
  • Left alignment - [left]
  • Center alignment - [center]
  • Right alignment - [right]
  • Indent -[indent]
  • Spoiler - [spoiler]
  • Code - [code]
  • Attachments
  • Text sizing

If I read something that violates the site rules, what should I do?

Most all content in the site has the option to rate or vote it up. This helps the best content rise up above the mediocre (or downright bad) content. Beyond that, you can flag or report a forum post, review, image, article, etc. with the "Report to Admin" button.

Why did I receive an error when I tried to upload or download an attachment?
Only users in certain user groups are allowed to upload or download attachments. If you received an error message that says "Sorry, you don't have the required permissions to download attachments.", then you are not in one of those user groups.

Internet Browser Questions

The site doesn't appear properly in my browser.
If you're having display problems, please check to see if the same thing appears in different browsers.

You may also consider switching your preference to the BB Code editor by modifying your preferences.

Last edited by AVS Admin; 09-13-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Closed Thread Site FAQs & Tutorials