Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-12-2014, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Amazon Prime to include Music

At http://www.amazon.com you'll be greeted with the below. My favorite site just got better:

Dear Customers,

A little more than 3 years ago we launched Prime Instant Video, adding unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows to the existing Prime benefit of Free Two-Day Shipping. It has turned out to be one of the most important things we've done for Amazon Prime members. Today, we are doing it again for music — introducing Prime Music, the newest benefit of Prime membership.

With Prime Music, you can listen ad-free to over a million songs and hundreds of expert-programmed Prime Playlists. Prime Music includes tens of thousands of albums from top artists like Daft Punk, P!nk, Bruno Mars, Blake Shelton, The Lumineers, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna. And we'll be adding more music all the time. Here's a list of popular artists in Prime Music.

In designing Prime Music, we wanted to remove the barriers between you and the music you love. We removed cost. You can listen to the entire Prime Music catalog for free — it's included in your Prime membership. We removed interruptions. Don't worry about having your music constantly disrupted by ads... you won't hear any. We removed listening restrictions. Choose exactly what song to listen to, repeat your favorite song over and over again, or download music to your phone or tablet to listen offline.

Finally, we removed one more barrier — deciding what to listen to. Just play any of the hundreds of Prime Playlists our music experts have created for you. Check out the Prime Playlists here.

Prime members in the US can start listening to Prime Music today at www.primemusic.com. Kindle Fire HD/HDX devices will get Prime Music in an automatic, over-the-air update. You can also download the latest Amazon Music app in the Android and iOS appstores. If you're not yet a Prime member, start a 30-day free trial today. We think you'll find the convenience of free two-day shipping combined with access to a huge selection of movies, TV, music and books to be an incredible value for just $99 a year.

Happy listening (and watching, and reading, and shopping),

Jeff Bezos
Founder & CEO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-12-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Awesome! Now if they would just offer music videos for free too.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 816
It would be nice if the new app worked in Landscape mode like the old app did. I tried it yesterday and this morning on a cellphone and two tablets and it always stays in portrait mode. Which is how I rarely use the amazon music app. Although the addition of extra music through prime will be nice since all my music is stored in the Amazon cloud. At least now I will be able to listen to an entire song before buying it, if it's actually available with Prime streaming. But I will still be purchasing most of the music that I listen to with the Amazon music app.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #4 of 6 Old 06-18-2014, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Selection has nothing compared to Spotify right now. Not even close, but it's early so I know it will improve.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 816
I've been using the new app every day since it was launched going to and from work. Everytime I start playing a song, a page comes up asking me to try out Amazon Prime Music. I've already tried it and created playlists with Amazon Prime Music! Why it needs this screen to come up everytime, i don't know. But it is very annoying because you then need to hit another button to get to the music that is currently playing. It has become a PITA.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #6 of 6 Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson1 View Post
Selection has nothing compared to Spotify right now. Not even close, but it's early so I know it will improve.
That was my thought 1m songs vs 31m songs on Rhapsody. I'll carry on paying Rhapsody for now.
And it does not have 2 way integration with Control4 but that is another matter.
Reply Community Articles

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page