HT seats for a small area - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-14-2008, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for theater seating for 4 that would fit on a wall 110" long. I know this is not much space to work with but if anyone has seen or heard of anything that has cup holders that would seat 4 people please let me know. I have been looking and all I can find is seating for 3 for this small of a space.

The room That I will be using is very small and I really did not want to put two rows of seating.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Take a look at the Berkline 088. These seats are scaled down for this very reason. Four seats as |O|O|O|O| would be 112.5" but you could remove the center arm rest to make |O|OO|O|. This setup would be 108".

The Berkline 45004 is also a narrow seat but |O|OO|O| ends up being a little bit larger at 115".

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #3 of 8 Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch View Post

Take a look at the Berkline 088. These seats are scaled down for this very reason. Four seats as |O|O|O|O| would be 112.5" but you could remove the center arm rest to make |O|OO|O|. This setup would be 108".

The Berkline 45004 is also a narrow seat but |O|OO|O| ends up being a little bit larger at 115".

Thank you very much, I will take a look.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
plasmawatcher3,

If you are taller than 5'8" the 088s (now 45088) or 086 (now 45086) similar size chairs may not be your best choise. In this case you will not have adequate head support...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #5 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yes, your height is definitely something to consider. The 088's (now the 45088) have a back height of 38.5" while Berkine's most popular seat, the 090 (now the 45090) has a back height of 41". However, I'm 6'0 and am completely comfortable in the 088's. I'd put the cutoff height closer to 5'11" or 6'0". It also depends if you are long-legged or have a longer torso. Not everyone is built the same. But we've had plenty of people around 6' tall be very happy with the 088/086's. But everyone has different taste and ideas of comfort.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #6 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 08:33 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Ken,

I agree that it does depend on whether you are "long-legged or have a longer torso", and if you are 6' tall and feel comfortable in the 45088s you must have some long legs . I am 6' foot tall (average build) as well, and definitely say that the 45088s are two small for me with no head support whatsoever – they come up to my shoulders. Even in the reclining position the 45088 provide no head support for me. I need to slide down the chair for getting at least some support, and then I am in a improper position where I loose lumbar support and my legs or overhanging the footrest. Again, this is my opinion only, but I have plenty of customers who purchased different chairs as well, and most of them agree with me...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #7 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks again for all your help. My height shouldn't be a factor, I only wish I was 6' tall. What may be a factor is the price. I'm trying to build a home theater on a budget and the Berkline's will throw me over but I am trying to see if I can pull it off. I really like the chairs and they would fit. It took me a while to convince my wife that we need an ht since I just recently bought a plasma so convincing the wife to add a little more to the ht budget probably won't go over very well.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I only wish I was 6' tall

Quote:

It took me a while to convince my wife that we need an ht since I just recently bought a plasma so convincing the wife to add a little more to the ht budget probably won't go over very well.

Let her choose the cover and color, and you may win the battle

Roman
rtheaters.com
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page