AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Theater Room Items & Accessories (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/)
-   -   Free home theater signs for you to print (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/1062844-free-home-theater-signs-you-print.html)

mheadroom 09-03-2008 03:34 AM

UPDATE:

Okay Okay. i know I've been slacking. I moved the site to a new server and have yet to finish uploading everything. I WILL have it done this weekend! And than I will begin filling requests.

I do have a favor to ask though. We are trying to win a dream wedding. Can you please tell everyone you know to vote for us? It woudl really help us out.
You can vote 5 times a day per email and voting goes from 2/18 - 2/24 and then again from 3/9 - 3/14.

Vote at www.vote4love.com

Thanks for your help. =)

ORIGINAL:I started this new thread because the other thread was old and a lot of people kept asking the same questions.

I've put together a number of theater signs in high-res for you to print on photo paper.

They are free to download, you just need to register on the site and you will have access to the high resolution versions.

I do take requests but my schedule is pretty busy so I may not get to it right away.

Here's the site: www.tinstudio.com

Enjoy!

cavchameleon 09-03-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheadroom View Post

I started this new thread because the other thread was old and a lot of people kept asking the same questions.

I've put together a number of theater signs in high-res for you to print on photo paper.

They are free to download, you just need to register on the site and you will have access to the high resolution versions.

I do take requests but my schedule is pretty busy so I may not get to it right away.

Here's the site: www.tinstudio.com

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Ray

Cameron 09-03-2008 02:32 PM

Yeah thanks!

shad0019 09-12-2008 06:43 PM

Thanks a bunch for sharing. I really appreciate it. How much time did it take for you to make each one?

mheadroom 09-12-2008 07:34 PM

More than I would like to admit =)

Actually most weren't too bad. I do a few here and there. The only time consuming ones are the ones where I have to redraw the logos becasue they aren't available.

Stew4msu 09-12-2008 09:38 PM

Very cool.

What's the best way to download them? Just right click and save as?

mheadroom 09-13-2008 04:31 AM

yup. that's the only way to download them for now.

Beech63 09-13-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

Very cool.

What's the best way to download them? Just right click and save as?

make sure you change the res. to the higher ones.

thanks for sharing they look great

cavchameleon 09-15-2008 06:15 AM

Yep, the high res ones are excellent. Printed some on heavy stock gloss photo paper and they came out incredible!!! Thanks again mheadroom!!!

icecruncher 09-16-2008 08:45 PM

Thanks again for the link on the other thread for these.

Quick request (also a pm) for Teac and Xantech.

REVolution 10-17-2008 10:57 AM

I registered on the site.

are the high res logos the larger sized ones?

chess-lover 11-02-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beech63 View Post

make sure you change the res. to the higher ones.

thanks for sharing they look great

what do you mean change the res. to the higher ones? what does that mean?

Sherardp 11-02-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chess-lover View Post

what do you mean change the res. to the higher ones? what does that mean?

Above the photo to the right is a drop down where you can change the image resolution, once changed right click save as and youre set.

Nice work by the way, these look awesome.

elmalloc 11-03-2008 05:41 AM

thanks man really thanks great job

elmalloc 11-03-2008 05:42 AM

what can we do with these can we back light them

cavchameleon 11-03-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

what can we do with these can we back light them

They are more designed for printing and framing. They look awesome BTW. I had large prints done at Costco (they can do better prints and actually cheaper than using a lot of your own ink and high quality paper). Note, once you set up an account (free) you an upload the high-res version.

mheadroom 11-03-2008 07:40 AM

I want to appologize for not getting to the requests yet. I should be able to have them done sometime this week.

Smokeymi30 11-03-2008 12:22 PM

Only problem I have is trying to choose which style I want..thanks for the confusion Mheadroom

No really, thank you for everything. These are awesome!

Stephen Hopkins 11-07-2008 11:50 AM

Any chance you could do a HiVi/Swans logo in black/gold? A combined HD-DVD/Blu-Ray would also be great for those of us with Dual-Players.

Thanks!

filtor 11-08-2008 10:38 AM

Thanks mheadroom - that's very generous of you - very nice!

mheadroom 11-09-2008 08:32 AM

All requests have been filled. I think I got everything. =)

Stephen Hopkins 11-09-2008 08:50 AM

Thanks! I went ahead and made my signs before you got the Swans/HiVi and HD/Blu images up. I photoshopped a couple of pairs of logos together, the HD/Blu combo, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD combo, and a Popcorn and Tivo combo. I printed them matte 8x10 ($2.87 each, WalMart) and put them in black wooden frames ($3 each, also WalMart). They turned out great, an awesome $30 project. They replaced 3 similar signs I'd done a few years back (THX in blue, DD EX in Yellow, DTS in red/white) but they were printed on color laser in plastic frames and didn't look nearly as professional. I've attached a picture of how my new signs came out. Thanks again!

mheadroom 11-09-2008 11:27 AM

very nice.

Smokeymi30 11-10-2008 06:25 AM

Stephen,

SWEET...thanks for the display and the info

cavchameleon 11-12-2008 06:19 AM

Stephen,

+1, very nice display! Is this in your HT or just outside of it? I like the idea of using combos, I'll have to borrow that from you and do my own.

Thanks
Ray

lvisneau 11-12-2008 06:29 AM

I put mine just above my sconces. they seem to "glow" when lit.

Stephen Hopkins 11-12-2008 08:15 AM

Cavchameleon,

This is in my HT, but the room is divided somewhat into the entry-way where the 500 DVD shelf (with signs above), mini-fridge, popcorn machine, and box-candy selection is.

Livisneau,

Your signs look great lit. I'm now thinking about adding some lighting just under the back edge of my DVD shelf to project up on my signs. Can you give some input on what kind of lighting you uses? I'll need something very low-profile... would rope light be enough? Thanks!

to6cess 11-12-2008 03:26 PM

mheadroom,
I just saw your new thread.
I have post my request in the old thread before I saw the new thread.
Could I request "Welcome to BILL TRAN Ultimate home Cinema" in gold on black.
Sorry for the inconvenience I cause you.
thanks.
Bill.

mheadroom 11-12-2008 03:44 PM

no problem but I don't have the time right now. I'll try to get to it this weekend

elmalloc 11-12-2008 04:10 PM

great job mheadroom