Comments please on my sofa/sectional picks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi folks,

I am moving into a two bedroom 1 living room apartment and my movie room will be the living room. Because of this I am looking for something that is both comfortable for movie watching but is also guest friendly for get togethers and aesthetically pleasing. I am having a heck of a time finding something that satisfies these things. I def like the sectional look. Please let me know what you think of the possible pros/cons of these choices and feel free to suggest something else.

Cabo Modular Sectional Living Room Furniture Collection
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Path&zip=01609

Pros: Stylish and the low back is nice for lounging. Made of caress microfiber (also knows as wonder suede) which is VERY cousy feeling.
Cons: a bit pricey due to being a 5 piece modular also the low back means it could potentially become uncomfortable during long sittings (watching a movie).

Sofa Trend 5 pc Sectional
http://www.jordans.com/room_facts.as...size=&index=29

Pros: super comfy caress microfiber. nice and deep cusions.
Cons: A little wider than I would like (125"). also a bit pricey due to modular design. a little bit of an old fashion arm style.

Montana
http://shop.mybobs.com/Montana_Sec.aspx

Pros: super inexpensive and exactly the style and size I am looking for.
cons: cheap construction. cheap polyester fabric cover (not leather). not very substantial spring support for cusions.

So those are my top picks so far. I will probably be going for one of those but I am also open to a different configuration involving a reclining single seater for my self and then a sofa or small sectional for guests and lounging (laying down). Open to ideas and opinions. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

My usual philosphy is, If it is something you really care about get what you want if the resources are there, otherwise you'll always want to upgrade. If you like the way the first one sits pick that up but if all things are about equal save the cash and get the cheaper of the three, they would all give about the same look in the room except #2, which looks a little different. As long as it is comfortable it is good.

Just turned on my first projector on 17 Aug 2007 and I think I am hooked :).

Why does everyone that comes over ask how much it cost?
post #3 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post

My usual philosphy is, If it is something you really care about get what you want if the resources are there, otherwise you'll always want to upgrade. If you like the way the first one sits pick that up but if all things are about equal save the cash and get the cheaper of the three, they would all give about the same look in the room except #2, which looks a little different. As long as it is comfortable it is good.

Agreed. But since the OP askedfor input, I like the third sectional best.

Domino's donÂt fall all at once, they fall one at a time...
post #4 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 08:46 AM

post #5 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Check out this place's sectionals:

http://www.eliteleather.com/

This place has some cool designs too:
http://www.rowefurniture.com/collections/sectionals/

It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession...
post #6 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

@xmen that's not bad at all. only thing with that is it probably not something I could see in person first. The three I listed I have sat in. [correction: ashley lists a nearby furniture store as a place to buy so i'll check that out today or tomorrow :]
@marky_mark thanks for the pointer. some good ideas there

Here's a fourth to tack on my list. This one I have not seen in person but it's like #3 except reportedly with the high quality microfiber found on #1 and #2 and better construction.

Nemo Brown with Suede Hazelnut Sectional
http://www.discountfurniturenet.com/...sectional.aspx

Pros: Wondersuede, nice and deep at 45". It's the style i'm going for and has real leather outside wrap.
Cons: Internet order only, haven't sat in it. Less friendly and pricier protection plan. Could be a long wait for delivery (they are checking if they can figure out a faster way)
post #7 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 PM

A friend of mine has one (not sure which) and it is really nice and comfy but really hard to keep the microfiber clean-she has two small kids.
If your kidless I cant see anything wrong with it. I thought it's a great set up.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-19-2008, 06:51 AM

I love that style of couch - we're actually thinking of getting one for the living room of our soon-to-be new home (we close in a few weeks!)...however:

My only concern is that the pillows are loose. Our current couch is that way, and it is a nightmare. The pillows constantly fall over or off, and when you sit on them they get all mangled.

For a living room in which we hardly plan on ever sitting in, might be ok - but no way would I do a couch like that for a home theater, just my opinion.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 AM

Choosing a Small Sectional Sofa

If you have a small house or an apartment, they you may have decided to purchase a small sectional sofa. This piece of furniture is wonderful if you do not have a lot of room in your home to put large furniture. Most everyone has some kind of a sofa in his or her home, but if you do not have a lot of room to put one, then you will have to look for a smaller one. There are many different places that you can go to in order to find the small sectional sofa that you will like.

One of the best places that you can go to begin your search for a small sectional sofa is on the Internet. If you perform a simple search, you will find that there are many different places on the Internet that are selling these kinds of sofas. You will obviously have to narrow down your choices by using your preferences in order to find the one that would be perfect for you. For more information visit small sectional sofa
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page