Presto Hot Topper - Cheap Butter Dispenser/Melter for Popcorn (Great Deals on ebay) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-2009, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

This Presto Hot Topper item has been discussed on this forum before, but the reason why I am posting a new "Hot Deals" thread is because I noticed that there are quite a few Presto Hot Toppers on ebay this week, many of which are going very cheap (I won mine for $2.99).

I HIGHLY Recommend to anyone looking for a butter dispenser to save their money (unless you have plenty of it) and buy the Presto Hot Topper which can only be found used/semi-new on ebay. There are currently 8-10 units available from $5 to $50, so if you like to add buttery toppings to your popcorn and you dont want to spend $300-$500 on a professional butter pump/dispenser like the movie theaters, the Presto Hot Topper is an excellent alternative for under $30, who knows you might be able to score one for a lot less too. Everyone who owns one of these Hot Toppers have said great things about it, and I was told to avoid the MICROWAVE model, and get the wired electric model (shown above). It is recommended of course to use special popcorn butter/oil toppings like O'Dell SuperKist Two oil or Original Theater Butter (Ghee butter) rather than using the generic sticks of butter which can make the popcorn soggy and wet, rather than buttery.

I was able to score a new Hot Topper for $2.99 plus shipping on ebay, the Seller had it as "HotTopper" without any spaces, thanks to Microsoft's LIVE search I was able to find it. I had just bought another hot topper for $25 plus shipping 2 days earlier, which is not bad, now I have a 2nd one for $2.99. I decided it would be a good measure to have a 2nd unit since they are kind of hard to find. Two Hot Toppers for under $30 is not bad at all.

Search EBAY under "Presto Hot Topper" or "Presto HotTopper" and don't be afraid to contact the sellers and make a deal with them for a better "Buy It Now Price." If you see a Hot Topper without any bids, contact the seller and offer them between $15-$25 for their hot topper(depending on condition of unit), I had two reply back with a $25 Buy It Now offer.

Now i am just waiting for my two hot toppers to arrive, I plan on building a nice raised enclosure for the unit since it is kinda ugly so I am going to build an enclosure to make it look more like a Theater Butter dispensor than a Kenmoore Iron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-2009, 12:40 PM

I'd be interested to see how your enclosure turns out. I want to get the Hot Topper but it's so damn ugly i just can't bring myself to by it.
I already know what my sarcastic wife would say " Why the F@*k do you have your grandmother's iron in our theater room"
The enclosure might be just the ticket for the WAF
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabney View Post

I'd be interested to see how your enclosure turns out. I want to get the Hot Topper but it's so damn ugly i just can't bring myself to by it.
I already know what my sarcastic wife would say " Why the F@*k do you have your grandmother's iron in our theater room"
The enclosure might be just the ticket for the WAF

But when you tell your wife you're saving HUNDREDS of Precious Dollars, she will understand. At a price point of $20, its practically considered disposable money, so spend the $20 for the hot topper and if you dont use it then your'e out $20, better than spending $300 or more on a nice professional butter pump. I refuse to pay more for a butter pump than what I had paid for an 8oz popper.

It may be weeks before I mess with the enclosure, I still need to finish the upper portion of my wall's acoustic treatment, furring, and fabric. Plus I think I may need to demo half of an interior wall to make room for a new arcade cabinet and a concession area, oh yeah plus I need to build 17 foot L-shaped bar...hmmm the joys of building your own theater
post #4 of 5 Old 04-12-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Bumping an old thread here to see if any of you guys with Hot Toppers are still out there and if so, how the heck do you clean these things???

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
post #5 of 5 Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner View Post

Bumping an old thread here to see if any of you guys with Hot Toppers are still out there and if so, how the heck do you clean these things???

Lol
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page