Kudos to Frame USA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Today, I received 13 frames from Frame USA and I'm absolutely satisfied. I've been sitting on a collection of movie posters for years. The hallway in our basement leading to the HT will now be complete. FYI I purchased the Corporate Wide series. I'll try to post some pics after I get them hung.

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the same frames and am also very satisfied.

A few of mine came with damaged plexi, but they were very easy to deal with and sent out replacements very quickly.

I'd definitely buy from them again. The one downside is the 7-10 day lead time. You can order stock frames from one of their sister sites, but they are a bit more expensive per frame.
jamis is offline  
post #3 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
skid_68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

Today, I received 13 frames from Frame USA and I'm absolutely satisfied. I've been sitting on a collection of movie posters for years. The hallway in our basement leading to the HT will now be complete. FYI I purchased the Corporate Wide series. I'll try to post some pics after I get them hung.

Is that offer on measuring the frame size still good? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks limulus.
skid_68 is offline  
post #4 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid_68 View Post

Is that offer on measuring the frame size still good? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks limulus.

I knew there was something I was supposed to do! Here ya go:
42.5" x 30.5". The frame width is 2" Also, the description refers to them as Eco friendly wood composite. They appear to be MDF.

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #5 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post

I have the same frames and am also very satisfied.

A few of mine came with damaged plexi, but they were very easy to deal with and sent out replacements very quickly.

I'd definitely buy from them again. The one downside is the 7-10 day lead time. You can order stock frames from one of their sister sites, but they are a bit more expensive per frame.


It was actually your HT thread that led me to these. Also, my order was placed on Dec 29 and I just got them today. Their order confirmation said Jan 16 and they were right on the money.

Edit:
One other thing: My frames were wrapped in about 100ft of bubble wrap, I'm serious. Also, they had protective plastic film over both sides of the plexi.

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #6 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
skid_68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

I knew there was something I was supposed to do! Here ya go:
42.5" x 30.5". The frame width is 2" Also, the description refers to them as Eco friendly wood composite. They appear to be MDF.


Awesome, thanks limulus.
skid_68 is offline  
post #7 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
...and a photo:

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #8 of 40 Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Member
 
Tim_in_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How well are these frames put together at the joints? Fit and Finish ... They look nice in the photos.

I have about 15 or so autographed 8x10's that I'd like to mat and frame with the Corporate Series 11x14 frames ...

Thanks
Tim_in_NC is offline  
post #9 of 40 Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC View Post

How well are these frames put together at the joints? Fit and Finish ... They look nice in the photos.

I have about 15 or so autographed 8x10's that I'd like to mat and frame with the Corporate Series 11x14 frames ...

Thanks

They were very nice. The mitered corners were very tight. There is a sawtooth hanger that you have to install on the back. Be careful when you hammer those on and make sure there is something solid under the frame but also a layer of some fabric so you don't scratch the frame. If you nail them on while the frame is on carpet, you can cause the frame to twist and that will pull the joints apart.

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #10 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Member
 
Tim_in_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

They were very nice. The mitered corners were very tight. There is a sawtooth hanger that you have to install on the back. Be careful when you hammer those on and make sure there is something solid under the frame but also a layer of some fabric so you don't scratch the frame. If you nail them on while the frame is on carpet, you can cause the frame to twist and that will pull the joints apart.

Thanks Limulus ... I'll more than likely put an order in with them ...
Tim_in_NC is offline  
post #11 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A few more pics of the smaller frames I bought:



Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #12 of 40 Old 01-31-2009, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chinadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I use them as well. Good stuff and reasonably priced.

Bud
chinadog is offline  
post #13 of 40 Old 02-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Member
 
Tim_in_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

A few more pics of the smaller frames I bought:



Thanks for these pics ...

The smaller frames really look good for the $ ... Are they the Corporate Wide Series as well? They look to be so ...

thanks,
TIM
Tim_in_NC is offline  
post #14 of 40 Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Member
 
Tim_in_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC View Post

Thanks for these pics ...

The smaller frames really look good for the $ ... Are they the Corporate Wide Series as well? They look to be so ...

thanks,
TIM

Also, how do the backs attached on the smaller frames? I want to have enough room for my custom double matting, a 8x10 photo, and then some sort of card stock between the 8x10 and the backing plate ...

Is there any way you could snap a picture of the back of these smaller frames?

Thanks,
TIM
Tim_in_NC is offline  
post #15 of 40 Old 02-03-2009, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
They are all Corp Wide. The smallest are 11x17. The 50' Woman is another size I can't recall and the four large posters are standard movie posters.

Little metal tabs bend to hold the back on. They come with little sawtooth hangers that you have to install or you can install eye screws and picture wire but that isn't supplied.

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #16 of 40 Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Member
 
Tim_in_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC View Post

Thanks for these pics ...

The smaller frames really look good for the $ ... Are they the Corporate Wide Series as well? They look to be so ...

thanks,
TIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

They are all Corp Wide. The smallest are 11x17. The 50' Woman is another size I can't recall and the four large posters are standard movie posters.

Little metal tabs bend to hold the back on. They come with little sawtooth hangers that you have to install or you can install eye screws and picture wire but that isn't supplied.

Thanks ... Do you think there is enough room for my double matting?
Tim_in_NC is offline  
post #17 of 40 Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
JBUNGIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

A few more pics of the smaller frames I bought:



Love the retro movie poster look..nice job! Do have a link for where the posters were purchased?
JBUNGIE is offline  
post #18 of 40 Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got my retro posters at allposters.com Also movieposter.com has them.

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #19 of 40 Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Member
 
mspguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

I knew there was something I was supposed to do! Here ya go:
42.5" x 30.5". The frame width is 2" Also, the description refers to them as Eco friendly wood composite. They appear to be MDF.

i went to Frame USA and didn't see that size listed as an option. So I entered the measurements for a custom frame and it responded by saying that the max length is 36". How did you find this size?

Good find, thanks for the lead!
mspguy is offline  
post #20 of 40 Old 03-02-2009, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspguy View Post

i went to Frame USA and didn't see that size listed as an option. So I entered the measurements for a custom frame and it responded by saying that the max length is 36". How did you find this size?

Good find, thanks for the lead!



The measurements I provided earlier were the actual exterior measurements of the frame. The size you order is the actual poster size which I've pasted below with the part number:
10627
Corporate Wide
Color : Black Satin
Size : 27x39

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #21 of 40 Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Member
 
mspguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! I'm searching for posters online, any suggestions on good places to find inexpensive ($8-$15) posters? For instance, I'm looking for a nice Dark Night poster but when I finally find one for the 27x40 measurements the price jumps considerably. While other titles can be had for as low as $8 on some sites.

I like this one:
http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MP...rk_Knight.html

But am not about to pay $175 for a poster.
mspguy is offline  
post #22 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
JBUNGIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspguy View Post

Thanks! I'm searching for posters online, any suggestions on good places to find inexpensive ($8-$15) posters? For instance, I'm looking for a nice Dark Night poster but when I finally find one for the 27x40 measurements the price jumps considerably. While other titles can be had for as low as $8 on some sites.

I like this one:
http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MP...rk_Knight.html

But am not about to pay $175 for a poster.


27*39 for 9 bucks..

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-DARK-KNIGHT-...QQcmdZViewItem
JBUNGIE is offline  
post #23 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Schloob1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
limilus, the frames look great and just checking when I go on the framesusa website the price for the corporate wide said something like $12 for the 11x17which is a decent price and when I go to the order the price went down like in half Wow to say the least, so is there additional items for the frame you needed to purchase or does that price include basically everything needed except for matting it appears for that size? Let me know because I have about 15 of those 11x17 masterprints I have been sitting on but could not afford to get frames due to the frame I liked jumping from about $9 to almost double that. Let me know, thanks.
Schloob1 is offline  
post #24 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
jpniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
original print posters of some movies are valuable, thats why that Dark Knight cost that much. Reprints are not.

I got a Double sided Dark Knight off ebay for $30 bucks awhile back, on hopes it goes up in value.

Bad pic with flash but its this one:



I got this cool 300 poster from Allposters.com and had to get it foam mounted:
(again bad flash)

jpniner is offline  
post #25 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
jpniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My favorite is my Godfather posters next to the screen I built.



Sorry, got bad glare in all these pics, looks better in person.

I need to paint walls a darker color but don't feel like it yet.
jpniner is offline  
post #26 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post

limilus, the frames look great and just checking when I go on the framesusa website the price for the corporate wide said something like $12 for the 11x17which is a decent price and when I go to the order the price went down like in half Wow to say the least, so is there additional items for the frame you needed to purchase or does that price include basically everything needed except for matting it appears for that size? Let me know because I have about 15 of those 11x17 masterprints I have been sitting on but could not afford to get frames due to the frame I liked jumping from about $9 to almost double that. Let me know, thanks.


When I bought my small frames, they were also discounted. Keep in mind they have a thin plexi or acrylic and not glass. But that doesn't bother me at all. They really do look great and I've had lots of compliments from everyone who has seen them. Each frame will come with a sawtooth mount. I believe I posted about that in this thread. Just be careful with you nail that on. Here is my order:
Product Qty Price Options


10529
Corporate Wide
Color : Black Satin
Size : 11x17
8 $6.05





10613
Corporate Wide
Color : Black Satin
Size : 24x30
1 $25.10





10627
Corporate Wide
Color : Black Satin
Size : 27x39
4 $29.75







Order Total

Merchandise Total: $192.50

Shipping: $40.90
Shipments Total: $233.40

Grand Total: $233.40

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #27 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Guys,
I received an email coupon from allposters.com It's worth 20% off everything on the site with no minimum. I don't know if it can be used once or by multiple people but here it is:
USE CODE: WMN2

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
post #28 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Schloob1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thx for the offer on the coupon, either someone already used it and did not mention it but did not work for me but no worries. I saved plenty in just the fact that I found your thread and my 11x17's are going to look nice in these frames. Now because of the great deal though I just need to eventually get 4 more posters as I bought 4 extra to avoid the $15 charge. Might as well buy the extra ones since the extra charge alone was basically getting 2.5 of the frames. Easy decision there for sure
Schloob1 is offline  
post #29 of 40 Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Senior Member
 
kcrossley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any coupon codes for Frame USA?
kcrossley2 is offline  
post #30 of 40 Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
limulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta Burbs
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow, I haven't posted or logged in in several months. A couple of days ago, I logged in just to look around and now all my old subscriptions are hitting me with new posts.

From time to time I get sale emails from Frame USA. I got something not so long ago, but it has been deleted. Next time I will post it.

Formerly known as J--- H----. Member since 11/2002. My real name was showing up in Google too much!

What we have heah...is a failyah to communicate.
limulus is offline  
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off