AVS Forum banner

Volume 6 Coca-Cola ScreenPlay -styled slides NOW AVAILABLE! (Total 1365 slides)

70K views 260 replies 122 participants last post by  Uberrr 
#1 ·
Link to Flickr page for samples of all categories from all 6 volumes here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21643749@N02/sets/

This takes you directly to volume 6. Click on "sets" to see the earlier volumes.

For anyone who wants to experiment with the samples linked above in their home theater, these samples can be saved to your computer in "large" setting, which is about half the resolution of the actual slide files you've receive from me on disc. Just click on a slide. It will display a bit larger. Look for "All sizes" button on top left of slide. It will re-display with a download button for "large size".

NEW!!! Volume 6 (265 slides, plus bonus video content) specs:

Terminator Trivia: 25 slides (10Q + 10A + 5 additional slides with production notes) for EACH of the four existing Terminator films, for a total of 100 slides
Star Trek Trivia: 10Q + 10A slides for EACH of the first six Star Trek films, featuring the original series crew, for a total of 120 slides
Refreshing Movie Moments: 20 new slides, covering recent theatrical releases, as well as films coming out later in 2009
Oscar Vs. Dollars: 4 new slides created to update a category I started back in volume 3. These new slides cover years 2005 through 2008.
Alfred Hitchcock Trivia: 16 slides with trivia about the career of the Master of Suspense.
Coke and Popcorn: 5 new slides.

PLUS MORE VIDEO BITS!!

5 short Terminator intro clips: one for each film, plus one covering theater etiquette.

7 short Star Trek intro clips: one for each of the 6 original crew films, plus an extra one encompassing all 6 films

Now, you're asking.... what is this bonus video content? Well, I've created some short (15 to 30 seconds each) "bumpers" that you can use to introduce Terminator and Star Trek themed trivia segments. Folks seemed to like the James Bond, Indiana Jones, Disney, Star Wars and Harry Potter clips that I've made for volume 5, so here's a couple of more.

They're not award-winning or anything, but are a fun thing that I tried... just to see what my meager computer/video skills could do. I'm sure those of you with the DVD sets of these movie series will recognize some of the backgrounds, etc. I scavenged desktop wallpaper pix, dvd menu screenshot grabs, etc. Whatever I thought could be usable...

Finally, a handful of countdown video clips...

Volume 5 (200+ slides plus bonus video content) specs:

Disney Trivia: 50 slides (25Q & 25A) Covers animated features.

Harry Potter Trivia: 60 slides (30Q & 30a) Covers first five features.

Indiana Jones Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A) Covers all four features.

Movie Cliches: 10 slides

Refreshing Movie Moments V5: 35 new slides with stills from recent 2008 releases, current summer releases and upcoming holiday releases. Template further tweaked from previous volume.

Popcorn & Coke, etc.: A smattering of new movie snack slides

Link to thread for Vol. 5 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1045823

Vol. 4 (200+ slides) specs:

Refreshing Movie Moments: 35 slides (New template layout)

James Bond Trivia 2007 Edition: 40 slides (20Q & 20A) Template updated to Daniel Craig.

Classic Trivia: 100 slides (50Q & 50A), focusing on classic films.

Classic Taglines: 25 new slides, focusing on taglines from pre-1970 films. Template redesigned from previous volume.

Thread regarding Volume 4 is here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=796498

Vol. 3 (170+ slides) specs:

Refreshing Movie Moments: 45 slides

What's My Job?: 30 slides

James Bond Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A)

Star Wars Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A)

Movie Music Maestros: 20 slides

Oscars Vs. Dollars: 15 slides

Thread regarding Volume 3 is archived here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6&page=1&pp=30

Vol. 2 (220+ slides) specs are:

Memorable Taglines: 40 slides

Refreshing Movie Moments: 40 slides

Kid's Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A)

Trivia: 100 slides (50 Q & 50a)

Thread regarding Volume 2 is archived here: http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/...5&page=1&pp=30

Vol. 1 (270+ slides) specs are:

Trivia: 200 slides (100Q & 100A)

Refreshing Movie Moments: 40 slides

Movie Lingo: 20 slides

Coke Count: 10 slides (5Q & 5A)

Talk concerning the first volume is scattered in these two threads:
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...highlight=Coke
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...y&pagenumber=1

A seperate file (encompassing all volumes) contains over 35 slides for Coke, popcorn, candy, trash, cell phones, etc. This makes for a total of over 1365 slide jpegs.

The minimum Paypal payment is $7.00. That covers the DVD with all six volumes on it, disc case, padded mailing envelope, postage and Paypal's % cut of the payment.

If interested, Paypal to: sgood3 (at) comcast (dot) net

See less See more
#5 ·
Lots of views, but few replies... hmmmm.

At any rate, for everyone who has contacted me for a disc, they have shipped out.

#8 ·
Doh!

A member just contacted me saying he received a blank disc. I'm not sure if he means truly blank--nothing on it--or if it was a bad burn somehow and the disc is not readable. If it's blank, then I just grabbed from the wrong stack... whoops!

I think with each volume release, this happens to one or two members. Maybe I've gotten this one out of my system early? hee hee

At any rate, I'm sorry for the mix up and will have a replacement disc in tomorrow's mail.

Steven

#9 ·
Ha

Its blank man.

And I wasn't going to publicize that mix up, its no biggie, and I know you are 100% good for it, this is my second buy from you.

now, I am having a few friends by for Grand Torino this weekend, so hope these are here by Friday.

Again Steven, thanks for all you do, you have no idea how much I appreciate being able to host a top notch movie night thanks to your work.

#11 ·
Hey Steve,

Sent paypal tonight for newest volume. I'm sure it will be as good as always.

I got a kick out of this, especially with the problems you had with mine on the last volume.

Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Good /forum/post/16615007

Doh!

A member just contacted me saying he received a blank disc. I'm not sure if he means truly blank--nothing on it--or if it was a bad burn somehow and the disc is not readable. If it's blank, then I just grabbed from the wrong stack... whoops!

I think with each volume release, this happens to one or two members. Maybe I've gotten this one out of my system early? hee hee

At any rate, I'm sorry for the mix up and will have a replacement disc in tomorrow's mail.

Steven

#12 ·
Ah, yes.... icecruncher, my old friend. Volume 5 just didn't play nice with you, did it?

Glad the experience didn't scare you off of Volume 6. Disc is on the way!

Steven

#14 ·
Got today just now. As usual I'm very impressed with the slides.

Love the fact that you also added the Pixar slides that are out on another thread, saves me another DVD to keep track of.

That list is supposed to add "UP" in the near future.

Everything looks good, except a couple oops that aren't a big deal for me.

All the ones I found are in the Terminator series. You might fix them before you send out volume 7

T3-10b and T3-10a are the same. No answer given on B slide

T2-10a only - No 10b on disc

T1-5a and 5b don't jive (they reword the same question without an answer on either.

Only mistakes I've found so far. Otherwise it's great.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecruncher /forum/post/16637408

Got today just now. As usual I'm very impressed with the slides.

Love the fact that you also added the Pixar slides that are out on another thread

Did I?? I have one large folder with all the Coke slides that I drag to the disc burning program. Evidently, that large folder is also where the Pixar slides were stored on my hard drive when I saved them. I didn't even notice the extra folders in there. I'll remove them right now, as I don't want to step on anyone else's toes...

Quote:
Everything looks good, except a couple oops that aren't a big deal for me.

All the ones I found are in the Terminator series. You might fix them before you send out volume 7

T3-10b and T3-10a are the same. No answer given on B slide

T2-10a only - No 10b on disc

T1-5a and 5b don't jive (they reword the same question without an answer on either.

Only mistakes I've found so far. Otherwise it's great.

Crap. Some of these were done in the wee hours... my apologies.

I have pulled the email addresses from those who have already Paypal'ed and emailed the three corrected Terminator jpeg files. If I missed anyone, let me know. I went back in my history to June 4th, when this thread started.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!

Steven

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Good /forum/post/16639333

Did I?? I have one large folder with all the Coke slides that I drag to the disc burning program. Evidently, that large folder is also where the Pixar slides were stored on my hard drive when I saved them. I didn't even notice the extra folders in there. I'll remove them right now, as I don't want to step on anyone else's toes...

Crap. Some of these were done in the wee hours... my apologies.

I have pulled the email addresses from those who have already Paypal'ed and emailed the three corrected Terminator jpeg files. If I missed anyone, let me know. I went back in my history to June 4th, when this thread started.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!

Steven

Thanks for the update in the email. Sorry about the problem, you probably hate hearing from me.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecruncher /forum/post/16640888

Thanks for the update in the email. Sorry about the problem, you probably hate hearing from me.

Not at all. I need extra sets of eyes to notice things that I miss after staring at the screen for hours on end....

#19 ·
Stephen,

I received my disc earlier in the week and just now got around to checking it out. These are totally awesome! I appreciate all of your work on these. I can't wait to get into our larger house and host a movie night with these before the feature.

#20 ·
I don't go out to the movies much at all. What do you flolks play for background music? Or what do you think would make great background music for the "Coke ScreenPlay" slides?

I used the music that Windows XP plays when you install XP onto the computer, "title.wma" located

C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\oobe\\images

I converted it to mp3 and the TV (Samsung PN58B860) uses the media functions to play both the slides and the mp3 right off of a flash drive.

Any other suggestions for background music?

#21 ·
Typos of those three discs have been corrected, and all discs mailing out now have those updated files.

Anyone that needs a disc, just let me know...

Steven

#22 ·
I'm such a trekkie, and just because of that awesomeness, I'm sending in payment.

Adam

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboranadum /forum/post/16668707

I've got version 5...they are GREAT! What's new in version 6? Does version 6 include everything from versions 1-5 plus extra content?

Thanks for the great product!

CJ

Yes, the disc mailing out now contains all slides from volumes 1 through 5, plus new content listed below...

NEW!!! Volume 6 (265 slides, plus bonus video content) specs:

Terminator Trivia: 25 slides (10Q + 10A + 5 additional slides with production notes) for EACH of the four existing Terminator films, for a total of 100 slides

Star Trek Trivia: 10Q + 10A slides for EACH of the first six Star Trek films, featuring the original series crew, for a total of 120 slides

Refreshing Movie Moments: 20 new slides, covering recent theatrical releases, as well as films coming out later in 2009

Oscar Vs. Dollars: 4 new slides created to update a category I started back in volume 3. These new slides cover years 2005 through 2008.

Alfred Hitchcock Trivia: 16 slides with trivia about the career of the Master of Suspense.

Coke and Popcorn: 5 new slides.

PLUS MORE VIDEO BITS!!

5 short Terminator intro clips: one for each film, plus one covering theater etiquette.

7 short Star Trek intro clips: one for each of the 6 original crew films, plus an extra one encompassing all 6 films

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by atagert /forum/post/16668271

I'm such a Trekkie, and just because of that awesomeness, I'm sending in payment.

Adam

Coke Slides VI: The Undiscovered Awesomeness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.