Palliser Pacifico : Bought them, here's my story - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 10-18-2009, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to post feedback on my most recent HT purchase: Palliser Pacifico seats. Let me start by giving a bit of background info. I've been looking for seats for at least 6 months, and my wife told me to get this done before she lost her sanity! Looked at Berklines from all the usual suspects, but what was really killing me was shipping/duty fees (being from east coast, Canada).

Came accross Theaterseatstore as I was looking for a good Canadian brand (Palliser and Jaymar) and was totally turned off as to how much my local retailers were asking for them.

The whole experience went perfectly, the people there were very professional and cordial (even with me asking the same question multiple times!). The cost was great since the CDN $ is inching towards par with the USD $, and the best part was that no duty was applied since these are built in Canada.

Ordered them on the 8th of October, received them on the 16th! Pretty amazing considering the travel time involved. I set up the seats and I think they are great (they are my first HT seats so I can't really compare them to anything though).

In any case, just wanted to post my Canadian experience as there certainly are challanges for us Up Northers at times! I can snap a few pictures if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleblan3 View Post

I can snap a few pictures if anyone is interested.

your kidding, right ? cource we want pics.

chasing rattles ......

Pro8100 Cult member
post #3 of 22 Old 10-19-2009, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

I should have known better I guess .
I'll try to get some on here tonight.
post #4 of 22 Old 10-19-2009, 06:00 AM

Liked: 13
A relative of mine bought these a couple of weeks back and they are great. They look good, better than Berklines IMHO, the reclining motor is fast and the price was right. Also the leather was nice and soft, I think they use leather and vinyl combination. I'm going with these hopefully.

Edgar
post #5 of 22 Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Here are a few pictures of those Pacifico seats, as promised.
LL
LL
LL
post #6 of 22 Old 11-06-2009, 04:51 PM

Folks -

I ordered 4 Palliser Pacifico love seats (8 seats - 4L and 4R) from theaterseatstore today.

Seats will be shipped within a week. Can't wait to see them inaction...

-Optimist
post #7 of 22 Old 11-11-2009, 02:31 PM

Hey all. Does anyone have some more feedback to give on these seats? I am about ready to pull the trigger on some and am hesitant because I unfortunately can not sit in them first.
I have been trying seats within a 100 mile radius of me. I have sat in other palliser and berklines and even some nice custom ones done by 4seating.com. I really liked the way the Berkline Tangiers felt as far as firm and lower back support and still supporting my head. I am 6 feet tall and 185 pounds. Also I have liked the firmness of the Palliser I have gotten to sit in. Unfortunately I only got to demo one of their lower backed theater seat and the sectional sofa pieces.
I am leaning towards these for a few reasons.
1. Build quality seems a little better than Berkline. No carboard in the arms and hardwoods vs plywood. Also steel reinforced corners on the frame.
2. Top Grain leather. Yes I know you can get that on Berkline as well for a comparable price. Just leading into reason 3.
3. I can get them NOW. I was looking hard at the Berkline 12003(Renos) I finally got to sit in one yesterday. However the only place that can get them to me now for that price is in Bonded leather and I am not trying to start a debate on leathers. But I do prefer Top Grain. That means about 1-2 month wait time. Also I was not as impressed with the built in tray tables as I thought I would be.

So If anyone has anymore input on these seats I would really appreciate it. I am going to start with 2 seats in a curved configuration. My room is pretty slim and it is going to be a multi part conversion to home theater/living room. Ultimately there will be a second row of 3 seats in a straight config behind it.

When everything is said and done. Was it really worth saying and doing?
post #8 of 22 Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I have been using the seats for close to a month now and I have nothing but praise for them! No issues or problems to report. Everyone who has sat in them love them (all shapes and sizes). The power option is pretty near silent and is very smooth.
post #9 of 22 Old 11-12-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to go ahead and place my order tomorrow. One small other question. Are the cupholders removable? I want to be able to buy a spare. I want to attatch a laptop swing arm in the middle one so it can be swung back and forth between the seats. These are our main living room seats as well. Then I would get a spare cupholders insert so I can remove it for movie night. Thanks again for the response I am 99% ready to order these now.

post #10 of 22 Old 11-12-2009, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

No problem!

Yes, they are removable. Steel too (not sure if they are stainless or some other type of steel), but they are not plastic.
post #11 of 22 Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 PM

I placed my order today. I will update with a full report when I receive the seats. Thanks for the input.

post #12 of 22 Old 11-15-2009, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats on the purchase!
Keep us updated with how it turns out.

Cheers!
post #13 of 22 Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 AM

Iam 5.11 / 260Lbs - I like everything about Pacifico till i saw that the seat width is 23 Inches (Compared against Berkline having 25 Inches). Do any of the pacifico owners think that would be an issue?
post #14 of 22 Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

No complaints here and my dimensions are very similar to yours.
post #15 of 22 Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Ordered two of these in Brown; Excited but need to figure out a solution for the following issue.. (Decided to have Power as a Must).

"My Problem is - As i enter into the room, I have the seating (backside of the seating) in front of me. And since the room is wide for these two chairs - I will be ending up with a power cord running to the seats from the wall (any direction). Any suggestions as to how i can run the power under the carpet or any other concealed ideas for a power cable run?"
post #16 of 22 Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleblan3 View Post

Just wanted to post feedback on my most recent HT purchase: Palliser Pacifico seats. Let me start by giving a bit of background info. I've been looking for seats for at least 6 months, and my wife told me to get this done before she lost her sanity! Looked at Berklines from all the usual suspects, but what was really killing me was shipping/duty fees (being from east coast, Canada).

Came accross Theaterseatstore as I was looking for a good Canadian brand (Palliser and Jaymar) and was totally turned off as to how much my local retailers were asking for them.

The whole experience went perfectly, the people there were very professional and cordial (even with me asking the same question multiple times!). The cost was great since the CDN $ is inching towards par with the USD $, and the best part was that no duty was applied since these are built in Canada.

Ordered them on the 8th of October, received them on the 16th! Pretty amazing considering the travel time involved. I set up the seats and I think they are great (they are my first HT seats so I can't really compare them to anything though).

In any case, just wanted to post my Canadian experience as there certainly are challanges for us Up Northers at times! I can snap a few pictures if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Steph

Theaterseatstore is no longer shipping Palliser to Canada.
post #17 of 22 Old 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1960 View Post

Theaterseatstore is no longer shipping Palliser to Canada.

If that's the case, then it's unfortunate.
post #18 of 22 Old 11-18-2009, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohmony View Post

Ordered two of these in Brown; Excited but need to figure out a solution for the following issue.. (Decided to have Power as a Must).

"My Problem is - As i enter into the room, I have the seating (backside of the seating) in front of me. And since the room is wide for these two chairs - I will be ending up with a power cord running to the seats from the wall (any direction). Any suggestions as to how i can run the power under the carpet or any other concealed ideas for a power cable run?"

Congrats on the purchase. I am not an expert in the matter so cannot give you advise (code issue perhaps?). However I do recall reading a thread on the matter not too long ago (perhaps in the dedicated build forum) so it might be worth your while to search in there. I am sure you are not the first person to ask the question.
post #19 of 22 Old 11-19-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Do you have a basement or crawl space under the chairs? If so, put in a floor outlet.

-Dave
post #20 of 22 Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Iam 5.11 / 260Lbs - I like everything about Pacifico till i saw that the seat width is 23 Inches (Compared against Berkline having 25 Inches). Do any of the pacifico owners think that would be an issue?

My friend who is 5"11 and 310 pounds fit in mine with no issues. He wears a 5xl shirt and found them quite comfortable.

post #21 of 22 Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 AM

Hey guys. I recently purchased these seats and I love them. I got them from www.theaterseatingchamp.com. I decided to get them from the reviews I saw here. FYI, these guys will still ship to Canada, or anywhere else for that matter.
post #22 of 22 Old 09-15-2013, 07:25 AM

wish i could say the same about my experience with palliser quality:

i have many compliants about palliser .......... i ordered 4 palliser home theatre seats with all the options including buttkicker system and LED cup holders and 3000 grade leather... it cost me around $10,000 CDN dollars ... the problems... where to start... first. ordered it early april 2013 and they finally received it mid september 2013..... they said that they ran out of black leather.... how can a firm like this run out of leather?...... LED cup holders did not work in one of the chairs and anotherf chair has serious noises and sweaks in it ... so noicy it sounds like it is 20 years old also the seems dont seem that we made compared to my other leather furniture..... it is very comfy chairs but here i am a month after paying in full and nothin g as been done yet to solve these problems...... i cannot recommend the canadian wholesaler that seems to rep the palliser HT chairs her in eastern canada.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page