Coaster pavillion seats - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 99
That's unfortunate. Any recommendation for a model in the general price range/style that does have power recline? My initial configuration will be a two seat love seat ideally. A fold down arm would be great, as would arm storage and an arm tray, but these are "nice to have" rather than deal breakers. Power recline is a deal breaker.

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Fyi, the closest I can find are the Berkline 12010 Contempo seats. Sort of the cleanest look Berkline has, it's in the right ball park, and has power recline.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can any of you give me a ballpark figure of what I should expect to pay for these? I'm looking for 2 rows of 4. Is HomeTheaterSupplies.net the place to get them? Sounds like they have great reviews.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Just ordered 1 set of 2 chairs on Friday from TheaterSeat dot com. Website claims "Order Today, Ship Today" - Not! My invoice shows shipping to be Tuesday. Seemed to have the best price around with 'free shipping'. Will update my experience with this lot.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:44 PM

I bought 4 from Stargate Cinema. Ken and his staff were awesome and very accomodating.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 AM

Got a call this (Monday) a.m. to set up delivery for my new Coasters for tomorrow. Not bad, 1 week shipping from California. Looked through my missed call list and found they called me on Friday also, didn't leave a message hence I didn't call them back.

Only potential issue is they said they have 1 chair/box, should be 2. Will find out tomorrow!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Where is California do they ship from?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

Where is California do they ship from?

Bill of lading says La Habra, CA. Shipper being Eurotec Seating.

Delivery has been delayed, local trucking firm unable to get on today's truck, rescheduled for Thursday.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks! Sorry about your delay. I know how that sucks.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Delivered!

1 big box on a double pallet. Had to remove the chairs (2) from the box to get them inside. Had to put the backs on because they might be a tight fit at room temperature. Now they can warm up!

Chairs are actually smaller width-wize than I anticipated, a nice thing.

Glad they delivered this am as we are supposed to get up to 3" of snow today.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:36 PM

I Just wanted to say the 6 Coaster pavillion seats I received this week were NOT made in North America. They are made in Malaysia and terrible quality. I found 2 tears in the seat leather. Also, I even found a snack wrapper that was stuffed inside the seat webbing on 1 of them. AND I only unboxed 3 of the 6. Junk! I'm arranging for them to be returned right now.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Gun View Post

I Just wanted to say the 6 Pallister pavillion seats I received this week were NOT made in North America. They are made in Malaysia and terrible quality. I found 2 tears in the seat leather. Also, I even found a snack wrapper that was stuffed inside the seat webbing on 1 of them. AND I only unboxed 3 of the 6. Junk! I'm arranging for them to be returned right now.

I guess Palliser and Coaster merged.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If you are talking about the Palliser brand, they do not make the Pavillion- Coaster makes this model. Hopefully wherever you bought them from did not tell you they were Palliser chairs.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcam View Post

I guess Palliser and Coaster merged.

No they didnt. I have Coaster (NOT Pallister) pavillions with tears and garbage in them.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:37 PM

Where can I find the best deal for these chairs .. Wanting to buy two separate thanks for help
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:

I Just wanted to say the 6 Coaster pavillion seats I received this week were NOT made in North America. They are made in Malaysia and terrible quality. I found 2 tears in the seat leather. Also, I even found a snack wrapper that was stuffed inside the seat webbing on 1 of them. AND I only unboxed 3 of the 6. Junk! I'm arranging for them to be returned right now.

Can I ask where you ordered them from? I just ordered a set from hometheatersupplies dot net. I should be getting them this week but I am getting a little nervous about the quality and their condition.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM

yes, I got them from **************** and I'm having a difficult time getting a hold of them to arrange the return and set up an RMA.

Tried calling and no one picks up the phone, left 2 voice mails that have been unanswered. I sent 3 follow up emails and just now got a response saying they are waiting on approval from Coaster for the return.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:22 PM

I tried to post the website where I bought them and AVS wouldnt allow me to
Old 04-12-2011, 02:49 PM

What does it rhyme with?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM

theaterseat dot com
Old 04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yes, I got them from **************** and I'm having a difficult time getting a hold of them to arrange the return and set up an RMA.

Tried calling and no one picks up the phone, left 2 voice mails that have been unanswered. I sent 3 follow up emails and just now got a response saying they are waiting on approval from Coaster for the return.

You may want to call your credit card provider and dispute the charge. That way, the company has incentive to speed up the return since they won't be getting paid.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit112 View Post

Delivered!

1 big box on a double pallet. Had to remove the chairs (2) from the box to get them inside. Had to put the backs on because they might be a tight fit at room temperature. Now they can warm up!

Chairs are actually smaller width-wize than I anticipated, a nice thing.

Glad they delivered this am as we are supposed to get up to 3" of snow today.

How are you liking the seats? I got mine last year during the summer and brought them in while still in the box (3). I had to bring them down to the basement in 6 pieces due to my tight fitting stairway and they fit together nicely.

-Jason

The "Z" Family Theater - Almost "complete".
-Not your average sub build
-Klipsch Sonosub Build

SONY quality and customer service FTMFL
Old 04-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

You may want to call your credit card provider and dispute the charge. That way, the company has incentive to speed up the return since they won't be getting paid.

Yea, I did that yesterday which I belive is the only reason they just now emailed me back.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post

How are you liking the seats? I got mine last year during the summer and brought them in while still in the box (3). I had to bring them down to the basement in 6 pieces due to my tight fitting stairway and they fit together nicely.

So far, so good. I don't have a dedicated theater so the seats are sat in daily, replaced my recliner in the living room so they're getting some concentrated use(I'm a couch potato without a couch).

The seats sit differently(I got a row of 2), I think due to one having its seat cushion attached about a ½" to 1" further forward on the frame. Causes a person to sit lower in the chair because your butt slips off the back of the cushion. Should be an easy fix if I ever get around to it. Love the adjustable headrest and the manual reclining mechinism operates smoothly. No tears anywhere of the vinyl or leather but a scrap of vinyl did fall out of one of the chairs when I unpacked them.

At times I wish the reclining mechanism had a friction lock to semi-lock the seat in place. Might have to look into seeing if I can cobble something together to act as one in the future.

I am also starting to wonder if the right arm rest is starting to "soften" from me leaning on it. This could be a sign the particle board frame is starting to break up. If so, this should also be an easy fix. Just peel off the vinyl skin, cut a replacement piece of MDF, screw or restaple in place and reskin.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yea, I did that yesterday which I belive is the only reason they just now emailed me back.

Sad but true: Some vendors only respond to the stick and not the carrot of good service.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:48 PM

Looks like they are gonna try to make me pay a 30% restocking fee AND return shipping, but refund all my money.

If I agreed, that would cost me around $1,000!... almost half the cost of the seats! urggg!

Anyone else have issues with their Coasters seats stinking? What is that odor? cheap imatation leather? Is there anything that would get rid of it?

Regards,
Billy
Old 05-20-2011, 07:18 AM

I just got a row of 2 and a row of 3, both smell, look, and feel fine.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 AM

I purchased a row of 3 and a row of 4 coaster pavillion seats from hometheatersupplies dot net. I have had them for about two weeks now, they are in a dedicated theater so we don't sit on them too often but they are very comfortable to sit in, I do agree about the smell of them being a little odd when I first unpackeaged them but it seems to just smell more like leather now. My only complaint was that shipping was slow, it took almost a month to receive the chairs. I would call and they would keep moving the delivery date out. This happened about four different times. My next step is to try and add some bass shakers in the seats to add a little extra rumble.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 PM

just as an update, after calling the BBB in Texas and disputing the charges, I finaly got all coasters returned and a full refund not having to pay return shipping or a restocking fee.

I hooked up with Roman and he took excellent care of me. I drove to his NJ warehouse, was able to try out all his seats first hand and hauled 6 brand new Berks home with me. What a pleasure to deal with someone who answered all my questions and made special arrangements for me to pick up the seats on off hours. Love these Berklines I got on a closeout deal! So much better than the Coaster Pavillions I had.

Regards,
Billy
Old 05-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Troll

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

just as an update, after calling the BBB in Texas and disputing the charges, I finaly got all coasters returned and a full refund not having to pay return shipping or a restocking fee.

I hooked up with Roman and he took excellent care of me. I drove to his NJ warehouse, was able to try out all his seats first hand and hauled 6 brand new Berks home with me. What a pleasure to deal with someone who answered all my questions and made special arrangements for me to pick up the seats on off hours. Love these Berklines I got on a closeout deal! So much better than the Coaster Pavillions I had.

Regards,
Billy

Roman is indeed very easy to great to deal with! Should have went to him the first time around, save you a headache =)