Coaster pavillion seats - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 81 Old 05-20-2011, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hind sight is 20/20. no point in grinding me about it now is there?

Just thought I'd let everyone know how everything turned out for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 Old 05-21-2011, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Gun View Post

hind sight is 20/20. no point in grinding me about it now is there?

Just thought I'd let everyone know how everything turned out for me

Thanks. I for one was wondering, since I'm still in the market.

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #63 of 81 Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

Thanks. I for one was wondering, since I'm still in the market.

Yes, If you have some extra money to spend, Romans left over Berks are an awesome deal. I learned the hard way that you really do get what you pay for with seats, and my standards are to high to have to deal with the quailty issues with coasters.
post #64 of 81 Old 05-22-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit112 View Post

Delivered!

1 big box on a double pallet. Had to remove the chairs (2) from the box to get them inside. Had to put the backs on because they might be a tight fit at room temperature. Now they can warm up!

Chairs are actually smaller width-wize than I anticipated, a nice thing.

Glad they delivered this am as we are supposed to get up to 3" of snow today.

You mentioned actual width is smaller than listed... can tell me what the real world width is for the double chair. Thanks.
post #65 of 81 Old 05-22-2011, 12:08 PM

My theater room is 130" wide. The row of 3 is stated at 101" wide. Do you think I will be able to squeeze a row of 3 in my room with room to walk on both sides?
post #66 of 81 Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencap75 View Post

You mentioned actual width is smaller than listed... can tell me what the real world width is for the double chair. Thanks.

I did NOT mention that the width is smaller than listed, I stated that they SEEMED smaller/narrower than I anticipated. This was based upon me sitting in some Berklines & Pallisers at a couple of places. I have not put a tape to my chairs.
post #67 of 81 Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballdude View Post

My theater room is 130" wide. The row of 3 is stated at 101" wide. Do you think I will be able to squeeze a row of 3 in my room with room to walk on both sides?

If you walk sideways. If you center the seats that would leave you 14½" on each side for a walkway. A standard interior doorway is 30".
post #68 of 81 Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Advanced Member

Hat to bump an old thread, but since I'm considering these seats, rather than start a new one I thought I would just see how you all are liking your coaster pavilions?

I see one negative report in this thread, how is everyone else making out?

Justin
post #69 of 81 Old 03-07-2012, 01:07 PM

Liked: 11
We're still enjoying out Coaster Pavillions after almost 2 years of use from family and friends. People who sit in them compliment on how comfortable they are. So with a couple of 90lb dogs and all sorts of people sitting in them they're all in good shape and no problems at all.

110" Carada Screen
Sanyo PLV-1080HD
Sony STR-DG820
SVS PB10
Mirage OS3
XBox 360 + HD-DVD Drive
Wii
PS2
PS3
4TB MediaPC
post #70 of 81 Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Bumping this for a question - how's the recline mechanism on these? Does it have multiple positions, or is it all the way back or upright? How does the headrest adjust? I know it's manual, but how do you actually make the adjustments?

I think I'd really enjoy an adjustable headrest more than power seats, so these Pavillions are on my radar since they just fit into my budget.
post #71 of 81 Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
how's the recline mechanism on these? Does it have multiple positions, or is it all the way back or upright?
The recline release lever releases the footrest which will pop up when activated. Then you can lean back in the chair to recline further. Pushing the backrest back further with your body will also move the footrest up and forward a little bit more. You can balance pretty easily between just the footrest being up witht he back upright and fully reclined.
Quote:
How does the headrest adjust?
The headrest is a manual rachet headrest. You pull it forward while seated to adjust it and it stays in that position.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #72 of 81 Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 326
I just received a pair of Coaster Pavillions. I wouldn't say they are the most comfortable seat I've ever sat in, but they are surprisingly comfortable. I was nervous about not going with a power recline seat, but they recline smoothly and easily hold any given position. My only concern with them is how long the head rest will hold up before loosening up. I'm hoping repeated use won't cause it to loosen up failing to hold position.

On a side note. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but nowhere I looked, did it show the seats having a wedge in the middle. Hindsight 20/20, I'm glad it did as I ordered 2 and I like the angle; but I initially thought they were straight. Food for thought.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #73 of 81 Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

I wouldn't expect the most comfortable seat ever at this price point, but it does seem like they'd fit me well given that I'm 6' 3", and the adjustable headrest really makes them more flexible on fitting just right.

So they don't have any stops in the reclining mechanism, but there's enough friction to hold different positions. That's how most other recliners I've used behave, so I think I'd be fine with that.

Power seats are nice... but the headrest trumps power IMO, so as soon as the house is finish being built I'll go for a few of these.

Thanks for the replies!
post #74 of 81 Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 PM

I just ordered a package of 3 and 2 of these seats can anyone tell me how these come packaged? Just wondering if I need a truck or will I be able to load a couple up in my Veracruz.
post #75 of 81 Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

In the market for some replacement seating for our little theater room. These look like a strong candidate -- value priced but modern looking, and I love the idea of the adjustable headrest, which is the main reason the Berklines I have tried are not on my short list.

Has anyone tried this in a power-recline configuration? This is important for the lady of the house since she has back trouble and needs an assist getting in and out and adjusting a reclining seat.

I cannot speak for anyone with back problems. the chairs are easy to recline and the recline positions are infinite, just like a powered chair. But my young daughter can easily recline the chair. The mechanism can be harder to recline when new but after some use even a child can do it. But someone with severe back issues could benefit from a powered chair for obvious reasons. Difficult to tell how hard it would be for someone with back problems to recline the chair easily. Each person is different. Either spend a bit extra for power or demo any manual recliner to see how easy it is for the said person to recline the chair themselves. This will easily rule anything out.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #76 of 81 Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 AM

I have had them for a few years and I plan on ordering 3 more for my dedicated home theater build. I'm 6'3" and I find these chairs to be the most comfortable chairs I have ever reclined in for any extended period of time while watching TV. The headrest allows me to support my neck while keeping my eyes on the screen. After a few years of heavy usage my favorite chair is certainly sagging a bit but I guess that is to be expected with any chair after heavy use. At this price point I cannot complain.
post #77 of 81 Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

I've had my 3 Coaster Pavillions for about 2 months so far, and I'm absolutely loving them. They recline very easily for manuals, and I really enjoy the adjustable headrest when I want to lean back and comfortably adjust my head position. In fact, with the adjustable headrest I find I want a little more recline in the seatback, but they seem to go back as far as any other chairs I demo'd, so it's not like they're deficient. The adjustable headrest just offers that much comfort fully reclined over seats without it that it could do with more IMO.

I'm 6' 3" and these seats fit me perfectly, and I routinely finding myself falling asleep in them they're so comfortable.

Mine were well put together, and I thought the fit and finish was good to very good for this price point. Any quibbles I had were exceedingly minor and very nitpicky. So they get a 10/10 on quality, especially at this price point. I especially like the leather quality, I was very impressed with it at this price point.

Ken at Stargate helped me with the few questions I had on here, and they had the best pricing on them, so they were the no-brainer choice on where to source them. Shipping was quick and drama-free.

About the only negative of the whole thing is the sore back from carrying them up the stairs by myself because I was so excited to get them in the media room! biggrin.gif
post #78 of 81 Old 11-29-2013, 02:24 AM

How curved are these seats? I'm looking for straight rows, but these looks really nice. If they were up against a wall, how far out would the ends stick out on a 3 or 4 seat row?

post #79 of 81 Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettmcfarlan View Post

How curved are these seats? I'm looking for straight rows, but these looks really nice. If they were up against a wall, how far out would the ends stick out on a 3 or 4 seat row?

They curve a bit. I have a 2 seat row in the front and I bet the sides curve in at least a couple inches. It would probably be exaggerated more on a 3-4 seat model.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #80 of 81 Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 PM

Hi, I just saw your post about the pavilion seats, I'm thinking about getting some in a dedicated home theater I am making. It measures width 11' 2'' Do you think it's possible to put 2 of those seats on each side with maybe at least a small walkway in between the two sets? Is it possible you can tell me what the width of two pavilion seats together is? If you could I would really help me out a lot, Thanks!

post #81 of 81 Old 03-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
vampiro333:
2 Seats as |OVO| (they have a slight curve) are 68" wide. So if you went this model, it sounds like you'd have to do a row of three in the center of your room.

There are a couple of models like the Palliser Elite and Palliser Accelerator that when configured as straight rows of two as |OO| (basically a loveseat with no middle arm) are 59". There is one model of seats, the RowOne Applause, that is 60" wide configured as |O|O|. That is the most narrow seat on the market that I am aware of and even that will only leave you with 14" between the two sets of two chairs.

Here are the rest of the dimensions in case you or anyone else needs them:

Row of 2 Seats:68"w
Row of 3 Seats:101"w
Row of 4 Seats:134"w

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page