AVS Forum banner

Coaster pavillion seats

28K views 90 replies 39 participants last post by  Boomassiv 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Hello. I just received a row of 4 pavaillion seats dropshipped from Coaster last night via Fedex Freight. I got them all set up and so far I am quite happy. Having never sat in them I was worried that they would not be comfortable, but so far they are great. I espeically love the adjustable head-rest. I am 6'3 and the back/head-rest is perfect for me!

I had a great experience ordering from David at hometheatersupplies.net. He was actually running an ebay auction on the Pavillion's. With Bing's buy it now deal on Ebay I was able to get $110.00 cash back.

#5 ·
The Pavillion is a very nice chair for the money for several reasons:

* The padding and stitching design of the backs hugs your body nicely.

* The ratchet head rest is a nice feature at the price point.

* The styling is an improvement, in my opinion, over models like the Showtime and Studio.

* The design is clean and contemporary.

I had the opportunity to sit in them at the last Furniture Market in High Point, NC and thought they were Coaster's best non-sectional home theater chair to date.

#6 ·
I'm looking for a row of three seats, my first ones, and these are on my short list. I am just wondering if I will regret not getting powered seats though, as I see that many of you highly recommend it for being able to use the chairs in unlimited reclining positions as opposed to half way back and all the way back. Any input? Thanks. Jon

#7 ·
I just got 2 rows of 4 and love them. You can very easily sit in multiple positions. I just had a huge super bowl party and everyone was raving about the seats. They look very contemporary and feel great, not stiff at all and not so soft for a long sitting.

By far the best part is the ratchet head-rest. I have not seen another seat with this. I use it for most positions. My buddy said it was just like watching tv in bead with a pillonw under your head.

#8 ·
The thing that impresses me most about the Coaster Pavillion is that the frame is much more rigid than any other chair at its price point. It's a huge testament to how well the chair was actually built.

#10 ·
Just ordered a row of 3 and a row of 4 in red leather from an eBay dealer and will post pics and measurements once I get'em. They seem to be a decent deal especially with Bing cashback.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by deach33 /forum/post/18198409

Looking to purchase these seats as well and if anybody could give a short review on them, it would be great. I have 3 kids so the ability to take abuse would be nice.

I purchased the Pavilions from HomeTheaterSupplies.net and couldn't be any happier with their service and how great they look in our Home Theatre. I too have two children and these were perfect. Everyone loves how they look and especially how they feel.

Ask any other questions... I know I looked to others for recommendations before buying them.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by titelies /forum/post/18216873

I purchased the Pavilions from HomeTheaterSupplies.net and couldn't be any happier with their service and how great they look in our Home Theatre. I too have two children and these were perfect. Everyone loves how they look and especially how they feel.

Ask any other questions... I know I looked to others for recommendations before buying them.

Very nice setup.

#15 ·
Finally got pics of my red leather Coaster Pavillions. Please excuse the picture quality and lack of carpet on the riser (still haven't had time to shop for carpet).

4-seat row measurements unreclined (max with curvature): 133.5" x 45"

4-seat row measurements fully reclined (max with curvature): 133.5" x 72"

3-seat row measurements unreclined (max with curvature): 94" x 45"

3-seat row measurements fully reclined (max with curvature): 94" x 72"

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax /forum/post/18284754

How do you like them? Has anyone installed bass shakers on these chairs? I have the ones from parts express and was hoping theres room for them.

So far we love'em and they're holding up just fine with the dogs. Unfortunately the dogs don't like'em too much since there's not a whole lot of room to share in one seat - my 75lb boxers still think they're lap dogs. I'm also trying to figure out a way to install my buttkickers on these seats since the framing is metal. What I'm going to do temporarily is mount the 3 buttkickers to the riser and see how that works.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2boy /forum/post/18178579

Just ordered a row of 3 and a row of 4 in red leather from an eBay dealer and will post pics and measurements once I get'em. They seem to be a decent deal especially with Bing cashback.

Do you have the name of the eBay dealer? i would like to see what kind of price i can get on 2 sets of 3. thanks!

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieJ /forum/post/18342046

Do you have the name of the eBay dealer? i would like to see what kind of price i can get on 2 sets of 3. thanks!

Just PM'ed you the information. Good luck!

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieJ /forum/post/18342046

StevieJ,

As a fellow Jerseyan, I would recommend HomeTheaterSupplies.net, I purchased 8 seats. 1 row of 4 and 2 rows of 2. Price was great and customer service was informative.

#21 ·
Some old pics I forgot to share showing a simple way of installing bass shakers/buttkickers to the chairs using zip ties (thanks to a fellow AVSForum member tip).

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyc187 /forum/post/18987566

Does anyone have these in white so they can post a picture, i am interested in these but its hard to buy them without really seeing or sitting in these.

If white will match your decor then just buy them. I have had 6 for quite a while now and everyone who sits in them loves them. I also bass shakers in the front three and they work very well. I have sat through 3 hours movies and could easily sit longer. You wont find a better chair for the price.

#24 ·
Can the foot rest tension be adjusted? I sat in some of these in the showroom and the foot rest sagged downward about 45 degrees. I asked if they could be adjusted and the saleperson had not a clue... (don't get me started on salespeople who don't know the products they are selling...)

Thanks

#25 ·
I'm not aware of any user serviceable means of adjusting the tension.

Having said that, I have 6 of these chairs and haven't had any problems with foot rest sagging. Maybe the showroom chair had gotten ragged out?

It a good chair, IMHO.

DPN

ps I'm with you on the clueless "Sales People"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsscoggins
Can the foot rest tension be adjusted? I sat in some of these in the showroom and the foot rest sagged downward about 45 degrees. I asked if they could be adjusted and the saleperson had not a clue... (don't get me started on salespeople who don't know the products they are selling...)

Thanks

#26 ·
Hello, I was hoping someone who owns these chairs could help me out. I'm interested in buying them for my new HT room but I have a question about the size.

My HT room is about 11'1" wide, these chairs according to measurements are about 134" wide for a row of 4. Do you think I could squeeze 4 of these in to my back row without problems?

I'd like to buy a row of 4 and a front row of 2, but I may have to settle for 3 and 2. I'd hate to give up that extra seat.

Also, are you able to have them close to the back wall and still recline?

Thanks,

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.