LoveSac. Good choice/is there something better - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm thinking of picking up a LoveSac. The Big One or the one below that. Hoping to be able to fit two people comfortably (adults). I saw them in a local mall and fell in love, but just wondering if there's a cheaper/better alternative out there. Anyone with experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 PM

My uncle has the LoveSac and paid $700 that holds 3 people. I loved it but was not willing to pay the $700 that he paid. I did some research and found a very good competitor in the ComfySac. It's used at the Apple Headquarters from what I saw from my research. I ordered it for much less at $300ish. You might want to check it out. It feels just like the LoveSac. http://www.comfysacks.com/ Beware, once you get in, you pretty much won't get out as it's so comfortable.
post #3 of 15 Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the ComfySack recommendation. Looks to be a great alternative. After searching online, it seems there is Comfy Sack, Cozy Sack, Poof, and LoveSac, LS being the most expensive by far. Looks like Comfy offers a 3 year warranty and LS offers a "2 lifetime." I think I may be willing to take the lesser warranty for half the price here.

Anyone know where to get a deal on any of the above four? I think the 7.5' bag chair from ComfySack is my choice as it stands right now.
post #4 of 15 Old 12-19-2009, 01:50 PM

I have the Lovesac supersac (the one below the biggest) and love it. There's never a time that i have people over and someone isn't on it. I love it and its amazingly comfy and ALWAYS poofs back to shape

Have you seen them in person? They're HUGE. In fact, last year at my old apartment it was too big and was in the way most of the time. If you haven't seen them, i suggest you go check them out. The biggest one is MASSIVE and might be too big for you

I think i paid $375 for mine at their store 2 years ago in King of Prussia Mall (I'm not sure where you're located).

I know what you mean about $$$ and the covers they sell for the sacs themselves are a ton of money too. I got a deal on mine but i think i still ended up paying ~$100 for the cover (down from something like $300)

Its also important to note that when i bought mine i was told it has a 2 lifetime guarentee (i.e. when i have kids they'll be covered too). Just something to remember...

Here it is in my old place to give you an idea for size. Thats a "full" sized bed

post #5 of 15 Old 12-19-2009, 01:58 PM

I have a Lovesac moviesac and the Lovesac sactional couch and I love them both! No doubt you can fit 2 people in The Big One...I an eyeing up their limited edition mink covers right now. Just picked up the covers for my couch a couple months ago and I too got mine at the store in King o Prussia...
post #6 of 15 Old 12-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I own two Citysacs with the Mocha color - yeah, the price sucks with Lovesac. My hesitation in buying from elsewhere was I really didn't get a chance to try them out, plus shipping would be high. Here in Atlanta, there are couple of Lovesac stores, and the customer service was awesome, even lettting us swap out covers easily.

If I had to do it over again, I'd likely research more on other brands, but wouldn't be surprised in the end if I stuck it out with Lovesac.
post #7 of 15 Old 12-23-2009, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
i feel as though there is better furniture to be had for $700.

why have BMW M logo in small room, why sacrifice life for M car?

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #8 of 15 Old 12-23-2009, 01:12 PM

Liked: 11
I chose to pay more for the LoveSac instead of getting a ComfySac because their inner liner was a heavy canvas, rather than a thin vinyl on the ComfySac, and they give you about double the foam inside the sac, which helps keep a more vertical shape when sitting. The less foam, the more flat, and/or close to the ground you will end up sitting (or in their case, laying). I preferred sitting up to laying down.

I also liked LoveSac's choice of fabrics. I was able to get a very rugged, yet SUPER comfy corduroy cover, rather than the thinner microsuede... LoveSac also offered smooth leather, suede leather, fur, and several other fabrics, that ComfySac didn't.

What I DO like about ComfySac, though, is that you can buy additional foam after the fact, and their warranty was a bit better. Ultimately though, I could buy the additional foam from ComfySac, and put it in my LoveSac if I ever felt I didn't have enough.

As for elmalloc's comment: go ahead and buy other furniture. These make very unique furniture that aren't for everyone. They are more difficult to get in and out of than your typical couch/chair, but they are MUCH more comfy and offer more flexibility in how you want to sit/lay in them... if you want chairs, get chairs. If you want a Sac type furniture, get these. Currently in my theatre I have one 6' LoveSac and a love-seat in the front, and a 4-person couch in the back row, to accommodate different preferences... Personally, I sit in the LoveSac for a couple hours of every day, and I only use the loveseat or couch on rare occasions.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I do want one now after reading your coments, my brother in law has a fatboy and it's itnerseting to say teh least.

still they seem to take up a lot of room for sometimes what is only a one person seat!

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #10 of 15 Old 12-28-2009, 01:38 PM

Liked: 11
That is VERY true. Most of the time, a 5' or 6' LoveSac will be a single-person seat, unless the two people in it don't mind "invading each others' space." I personally have only sat in the huge couch-sized LoveSac in the stores, so I can't really comment on how "intimate" you will be with the other occupants after it has had time to settle into a more regular shape. They do take a large investment of space on the floor though. if you are limited in space, I recommend sticking to the 5' LoveSac. It fits in a theatre room much better, and is almost identical in feel to the 6' for a single person (it is also MUCH easier to squeeze through doors and move around). The difference really only presents itself if you will be regularly sitting in it with someone you don't mind being close with.
post #11 of 15 Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM

noob here, just doing some research on sactionals. how is yours holding up? have you had to re-stuff it yet or any other issues? what model is it? They currently have the 5 series and the 6 series and a 10% off promo going on. It's pricey so I didn't want to jump the gun without a confirmation of durability. Thanks!
post #12 of 15 Old 09-14-2011, 10:28 AM

I would imagine these things get very hot with someone sitting in it. In other words, I assume it acts as an insulator for all the heat that the body puts off...

The BAMA Theatre Build - feedback welcomed encouraged needed badly
post #13 of 15 Old 09-14-2011, 10:39 AM

I tried out the Lovesac's at the mall, but found this competing store at the mall, and I liked these "better" and 1/2 the price... (atleast in the chenille fabric)

http://www.cordaroys.com/shop/King-Chair-Bed-p4.html
post #14 of 15 Old 09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
These remind me of a similar chair called Papasan chairs that were very popular when I was stationed in the Philippines in the 70's. I think Pier 1 still carries them.
post #15 of 15 Old 09-18-2011, 03:45 PM

I saw these sacs on amazon and was interested in them as well. Anyone have one? http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Resear...6383620&sr=8-8
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page