Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 06-18-2012, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensactionals View Post

My husband and I had been shopping around for new sofa set for quite sometime now and then finally decided to go with Lovesac Sectional because of the flexibility even though it's kind of pricey. We bought the new 6S sactionals and was trying to put it together last night but ran into some problem.While trying to put the cover (fabric) on the base but the opening on the cover for the metal clamp doesn't line up with the hole on the base. Thus, can't get it to clamp together when you try to put 2 bases or even the side together. If without cover.... it clamp in with no problem at all. Was it just me bad luck getting the unfit cover (defective one) or everyone else also running into the same problem? Any comment would be appreciated... thanks smile.gif

I bought six bases and five sides and the rhinoplush fabric about a month ago. I don't clamp the bases together. Just the sides. The square blocks that the base legs go into will hold the bases together fine.

I also had to apply some force to get the some of the sides clamped to the bases. The covers definitely add some more material that tightens the fit.
jensactionals and KSsquared like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 06-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by calee4444 View Post

I bought six bases and five sides and the rhinoplush fabric about a month ago. I don't clamp the bases together. Just the sides. The square blocks that the base legs go into will hold the bases together fine.
I also had to apply some force to get the some of the sides clamped to the bases. The covers definitely add some more material that tightens the fit.

Thanks for your info.... really appreciate it smile.gif
post #33 of 42 Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
A year later ours is in great shape. Planning to disassemble at some point soon and wash the covers. We have fallen asleep on them and slept comfortably through the night while in movie lounger mode. Just bought a house that has a long and thin family area so thinking we will be in permanent movie lounger mode biggrin.gif

We also skip most of the base to base clamps. Use the clams for base to side hook ups with the footings for base to base connections.
post #34 of 42 Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM

Had mine since 4/2011. Still look great, even with 3 cats tearing into them all the time. I currently have the Lounger (4 bases/4 sides) and a love seat (2 base/4 sides) in series 5 because my home is only just over 1000 ft with 3 bedrooms. I also now have a city sac.
post #35 of 42 Old 09-02-2013, 07:58 AM

Hi Sactional Owners,

I am seriously looking into the Sactional for my home. As far as durability, has anyone had any major spills or pet accidents (cat urination) on their Sactional? And, how well did it clean up? The sales associate just about sold me on the RhinoPhur, wash-ability and ability to replace one cushion insert on an as needed basis. Anyone with experience in this area? I have an old cat, who is having some trouble with re-occuring accidents on our sofa (thus need to replace). Trying to determine if the price tag and durability are worth the investment ... or swing over to IKEA for something <1/3 of the price, but replace in a few years.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
post #36 of 42 Old 09-22-2013, 10:19 AM

Hello, I just discovered Sactionals yesterday and was thrilled to learn that the features I was looking for in a rec room sectional (washable covers, versatility, and small enough to fit down the stairs) actually existed. I have read through the this thread and am glad to see a few posts from people who have found them to hold up well over time. But, I am interested in hearing from someone about their washing experience. Have you really just thrown them in the washer and hung them to dry? Did stains come out? How did the fabric feel afterwards? Was it still soft? Did the covers go back on easily? Thanks.
post #37 of 42 Old 03-15-2014, 02:06 AM

Hi! I'm on the fence about purchasing a sactional and have been looking up reviews, which obviously led me here. Now that it has been a few years since your purchase how are the sactionals holding up? Did you ever put the covers to wash, how did they hold up? Do you still enjoy them or have any regrets? How was the customer service? Any info would be greatly appriciated! Thanks again in advance!

Best Regards,

Jessa

post #38 of 42 Old 05-18-2014, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am contemplating buying a used, but good condition 6 Series.

The issue is buying a used couch is hard. The one in question is 2 years old and has rhinoplush covers. It looks and feels to be in good shape.

Any thoughts on buying a used Sactional?
post #39 of 42 Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Glad I came across this thread!

I live in a one bedroom apt, single father of 3 kids (don't ask how, we just make it work. Currently using a futon as a sofa in the living room, however the futon affects my current SI joint pain that I've developed and it's time for the futon to go.

I came across the Love Sac showroom at a local mall, and instantly was drawn to the compact design of the sactional sofa setup, and it's perceived comfortability. But ohhhh the price! 6 series for a basic L-shaped config. currently totaling approx. $3400+ tax incl. C'mon!!!

Sales rep said he's only seen 20% discounts on the sofa covers maybe 2-3 in his time working, and typically the promotions are for things like a free throw pillow, blanket, etc. basically something not entirely useful or something I truly care about at least.

Problem for me is that the sactionals are actually ideal for my living arrangement and I feel they will stand the test of time with the kids (9yr old twins and a 3yr old). But ohhhh the price!

Labor Day is approaching and the sales rep stated to anticipate some sort of "big" promotion however my gut feeling is telling me that the overall prices for these sactionals have increased leading up to a proposed "big" promotion which essentially offsets/cancels out any real discount.

Alternatives I'm contemplating are La-z-boy or Ikea or Craigslist, however I prefer something new because of germs, etc., Especially with kids.

I see in this thread that quite a few periodically check back for updates as to whether others have any buyers remorse and the consensus overall appears positive. So now that it's close to 4-5yrs since the OP, I'm hoping to resurrect this discussion and gain some additional thoughts or guidance before I make a final decision. Time in which to make the purchase isn't very pressing because my kids and I can make-do with the bare minimum for now, however I am getting rid of the futon this weekend because my back simply can't take much more discomfort while I'm seeking therapy to help alleviate the problem.

I'll end there and thank everyone for at least reading my post and extend an extra verbal-token of my gratitude for responses and sound guidance.

Take care
post #40 of 42 Old 08-08-2014, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The best discounts I've seen are during the Black Friday week. Last year I picked up a 6 series Movie lounger set with Taupe rhinoplush covers for $2800. As my theater room has to double as a guest room on occaision, I needed something that could also serve as a bed. When I put a 3" memory foam queen mattress topper on it, its perfect for that. In fact, we've found that its more comfortable as a movie lounger with the foam topper too. I'm planning on adding two more bases to effectively widen the movie lounger, which should then also be about the right size for a king memory topper.

- Jeff

WTB: PSA XS15 or XS15se, PM me.

Small HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW, Falcon 2.35:1 100-wide, Marantz SR7008, Triad Gold Omni SE & Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Oppo 103D, Tivo Mini, HTPC
post #41 of 42 Old 08-08-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
The best discounts I've seen are during the Black Friday week. Last year I picked up a 6 series Movie lounger set with Taupe rhinoplush covers for $2800. As my theater room has to double as a guest room on occaision, I needed something that could also serve as a bed. When I put a 3" memory foam queen mattress topper on it, its perfect for that. In fact, we've found that its more comfortable as a movie lounger with the foam topper too. I'm planning on adding two more bases to effectively widen the movie lounger, which should then also be about the right size for a king memory topper.
Thank you for the reply. I've been scouring the internet for additional reviews, etc., and it does appear that Black Friday may be the ideal time to try and make a discounted purchase of some significance. Gives me time to shop around I guess.
post #42 of 42 Old 08-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
We bought some of these about 6 years ago...we have 5 bases and they're very comfortable. The back cushions aren't as nice as we would like (or as nice as our friends' or the showroom) but they said they would replace it and it's so far from us we haven't done it

Regardless, I love the modularity, and the comfort level is very high. The covers are very expensive, we bought ours on Halloween 5 or so years ago because they did a 31% off for the first person in the store, then 30% for the next person...etc. etc. I waited in line and was the first one in so we saved a ton. Covering 5 full bases and back pieces was like $600+ with the discount.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page