LoveSac Sactional - anyone have one for a while? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 08-13-2015, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
Nice! I thought about getting one for my office. I probably should have pulled the trigger and waited for a 20% off cover sale. I paid 3k for my 5 bases and 5 sides with covers. It came with a you cup holder as well. I just got lucky and it was a lezsure tan tweed cover set that I liked. Fit perfect in my basement.

I've since bought a You table and another you cup holder. I should have bought the deep one too.

On this sale I bought a Supersac for my brother and his wife a long with a pouf. I have 2 poufs and they are great! I also bought a city sac with a discount cover that came with a head pillow for $80 and and pillow sac and rocker.

I had to throw in another footsac in eskimo phur for good measure with 10%. I know they go on sale for $120 sometimes, but what the heck. I'm all lovesaced out now.

Let us know what you think when you get it! I think it takes some time to get used to the shallow seats. I was going to use it deep wise, but you need to get a deep side for that to work and the more I have sat on it, the more I like it like a traditional couch. I did turn the end with the chaise lounger deep ways though. I dig it!
just got the word the bases and sides were delivered, so i'm heading home to start assembling. we are doing a moon pit basically, with 6 bases (3 x 2). covers will be here next week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2015, 06:21 PM

Ugh. I received the 11 boxes yesterday, most of which were damaged by fedex. About half the pieces are scuffed or punctured. I sent pictures and called but haven't heard anything. It has completely voided my excitement about finally get a sactional.

I put a few non-damaged pieces together and the back cushion seems really flimsy. It's ok if you lay at an angle, but it's not that comfortable sitting up right. Anyone else think this?
Old 08-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by that science View Post
Ugh. I received the 11 boxes yesterday, most of which were damaged by fedex. About half the pieces are scuffed or punctured. I sent pictures and called but haven't heard anything. It has completely voided my excitement about finally get a sactional.

I put a few non-damaged pieces together and the back cushion seems really flimsy. It's ok if you lay at an angle, but it's not that comfortable sitting up right. Anyone else think this?
Ouch, that is disappointing regarding the excellent care from FedEx.

I know that in the past year or so they came out with several other options for the back and seat cushion filling so it may be possible they changed the default filling. My back pillow filling which was the only option at the time (ordered ~ 21 months ago) is on the firm side and definitely is not flimsy.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
Ouch, that is disappointing regarding the excellent care from FedEx.

I know that in the past year or so they came out with several other options for the back and seat cushion filling so it may be possible they changed the default filling. My back pillow filling which was the only option at the time (ordered ~ 21 months ago) is on the firm side and definitely is not flimsy.
Interesting about the filling. I did not know that.

I will say that the sactional isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. It's comfy, but I believe they could make it much more comfortable. Especially compared to their sacs. I placed an order for a short side awhile back as I like a deeper couch. As I started using it, it's kind of nice the way it is, so I left it and just put the chase lounger the long way.

However, mine is definitely not flimsily. I was just thinking today that I should have probably ordered another seat cushion set for 250 and another pillow sac. I'm loving the pillow sac in what they call pea pod formation.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:10 PM

My back pillow/cushions are much taller than yours and about half as thick. Maybe they changed something.

Regardless, we watched skyfall last night on the new sactional and no one was comfortable. Everyone complained the back was too thin and the edge of the rear side was digging into their backs. I hate they idea of repacking everything, but I expected way more from a $4500 couch.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:29 PM

Talked to CS. Evidently there are now three levels of foam and I received the standard. They told I needed to upgrade to get the thicker back pillows.

Just got done packing 11 pieces back into the boxes. Sectional couch search is back on!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Talked to CS. Evidently there are now three levels of foam and I received the standard. They told I needed to upgrade to get the thicker back pillows.

Just got done packing 11 pieces back into the boxes. Sectional couch search is back on!
Bummer. Wow, with the general price increases and now the apparent need to upgrade the filling they are really pricing the sactional beyond my desire to add pieces in the future. At least they have free shipping both ways for you.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:

Wow! I would ship them back as well. Some of the customer service representatives are pretty poor. I've ordered too much from them I love the sacs and the sactional is just ok... I can't believe they have different levels of back pillows! It doesn't state that on their website. I wish mine were just a little bit taller, but the thickness is fine.

I expected it to be much more comfy as well, but as I've broken it in, it has become more comfy.

The fabric seems top notch and the they've been good to me so far. Too bad you have to ship it back. I would talk to Mike. He's been great to deal with. I paid 3k for my sactional with a you-cup holder and I expected a little more too. Plus, how often are you really going to re-arrange your furniture? I'm probably not going to.

I think their sacs are the way to go. Their footsacs are awesome. Are they worth 150 bones? Probably not, but it's something I like and I can use it over and over again.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
Wow! I would ship them back as well. Some of the customer service representatives are pretty poor. I've ordered too much from them I love the sacs and the sactional is just ok... I can't believe they have different levels of back pillows! It doesn't state that on their website. I wish mine were just a little bit taller, but the thickness is fine.

I expected it to be much more comfy as well, but as I've broken it in, it has become more comfy.

The fabric seems top notch and the they've been good to me so far. Too bad you have to ship it back. I would talk to Mike. He's been great to deal with. I paid 3k for my sactional with a you-cup holder and I expected a little more too. Plus, how often are you really going to re-arrange your furniture? I'm probably not going to.

I think their sacs are the way to go. Their footsacs are awesome. Are they worth 150 bones? Probably not, but it's something I like and I can use it over and over again.
The new back cushions are very tall and very thin.

IMO, a $4k+ couch should be comfortable, not just versatile. Their CS was nice once I got through. It took 3 days because the make you leave a message and then they call you back 2-3 hours later. I ended up finding a sectional locally for about half the price and it is waaaay more comfortable. The fabric won't be as quality, but who cares

PS - boxing up 6 bases and 5 sides sucks!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
The new back cushions are very tall and very thin.

IMO, a $4k+ couch should be comfortable, not just versatile. Their CS was nice once I got through. It took 3 days because the make you leave a message and then they call you back 2-3 hours later. I ended up finding a sectional locally for about half the price and it is waaaay more comfortable. The fabric won't be as quality, but who cares

PS - boxing up 6 bases and 5 sides sucks!
Interesting about the back cushions. I'm curious about that. I wish they were a little taller, but the thickness is fine. I'm not sure how they are able to change them like that. What if I wanted to add on to my current seats? That's crazy.

I hate shipping things back, it's a pain.

I agree that for 4k+ it should be one of the most comfortable couches out there and it's definitely not. I'm satisfied for 3k, but I wouldn't do it again. The reason I'm ok with it is because I love the fabric and color. If you look at pottery barn couches they are as expensive or more and they aren't versatile. The color works perfectly in my basement and it gives it a high end feel. To be honest though, how many times are you really going to change the configuration of your couch. I know I'm going to rarely do it if ever.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I knew about the 20th anniversary sale but missed it due to vacation. anyone been successful in negotiating price at a lovesac sactional? during or not during promotion?

also, i need to double check the back cushion mentioned. In store it seemed good so I wonder if they upgrade all the in-store cushions...
Old 11-25-2015, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My girlfriend and I finally moved in together a few months ago, and I bought another 6-series Movie Lounger (ML) in Taupe RhinoPlush to replace the 35+ y/o couch I had and complement the ML she already had.
I had turned her onto Lovesac a few years ago and she bought the ML for her apartment up north in 2012. I bought mine in April of this year, same pattern and same pieces. The quality has definitely changed within that 3 year time span.

The couch is superbly comfortable, and I don't regret my purchase, but comparing the 2012 model to the 2015 model literally side-by-side I can definitely tell places where they've started making cost cutting measures. Little things like the logos on the zipper pulls no longer have color accents. The screw in feet no longer have the etched in 'Lovesac' logo. The big 4-hole "foot pads" that the sides and bases clip into are no longer stained/finished on all sides, nor are the holes themselves. The framework seems to be made of different wood as well.

And then the fabric. The fabric is definitely different. Up close you can see it's just slightly "less-expensive" quality. RhinoPlush is no longer called RhinoPlush either, it's "padded velvet." I speculate but I expect the change was due to PETA or some crap. Before you could tell the texture inspired the "Rhino" name or vice versa, and had a subtle but distinct puckered texture to it. The texture while just barely detectable now is greatly reduced. Everything matches and I can only tell because I was there for both purchases and put both together, but it's just.... different.

Again, I don't regret my purchase one bit. With our combined households we now have a massive 8-base and side sectional that takes up half the living room (in a good way). However, seeing what the quality once was vs what it is now... Before I was ready to blindly throw my credit card at them because of the comfort and quality, now I would probably shop around to see what else was out there.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Bump to share our living room Sactional setup for X-mass. These are 2 years old they still "feel" and look new to us.

bpassman and swizzchard like this.

Last edited by thxman; 12-09-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My wife and I have a sactional and love it. We mainly got it because you can change it up however you want. We just ordered a MovieSac as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement