Berkline Home Theater Seating Summer Power Buy from www.rtheaters.com - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 120 Old 10-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phacoman View Post

Hello all.

Just got my 12003 seats unpacked and set up. They are awesome. We got the leather/vinyl with power recline. We couldn't be happier. We got a row of three and a row of four (with loveseat). We had to order an extra table tray because of the loveseat configuration lacking one armrest but it was reasonable. You MUST get power recline. Power has an infinite number of reclining positions where manual has only two. Power is more pricey but very well worth the initial investment. Guests are very impressed with the setup. I just need to build my riser for my second row.

Also, dealing with Roman was great. He is attentive and professional. He was easily contacted and was quick to reply with answers to our many questions. Plus, I think his prices are the best I've found in my many hours of bargain hunting on the internet. I would honestly give my highest recommendations here.

I will have to post pics later.

Phaco,

Per my above post, I'm also looking at the 12003 4 seat configuration with integrated love seat.

Can you post pics if you happen to have time of reclined and non reclined? How are they? Compfy?

Also looking to understand where I access the recline function on middle pieces etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 120 Old 10-01-2010, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

eiger,

1) in a four seat, straight configuration with a love seat. Does the loveseat recline as one individual seat?

Each recliner in this configuration will be an individual piece that has its own reclining mech., so each seat will recline independently.

Quote:

2) How does one access the power reclining feature in the middle seats or the love seat if it's in the middle?

All power recline controls are located on the armrests. One of the chairs in the chair/loveseat/chair configuration will be armless, and the control on this one will be on the right side of the seat. You would need to slide your hand down and push the button there.

Quote:

3) Do you have any pictures of the 12003 series with a loveseat integrated?

No, but I am sure someone can share their picture here. You can check out the Berkline 45187 in that configuration (will look similar)

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #93 of 120 Old 10-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Just placed an order for a row of 4 12003 power recline + leather/vinyl. Can't wait!!! Iron Man 2 will be the first film in the new seats.

While I probably won't get them until later next week, Roman has been a pleasure to deal with and very professional.

-Chris
post #94 of 120 Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 PM

Any word on when those blankets are coming?

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"

post #95 of 120 Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Phacoman, Pics!
post #96 of 120 Old 10-03-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phacoman View Post

Any word on when those blankets are coming?

I got my blankets last Tuesday, three days before I received my chairs. My chairs were on backorder.

Don
post #97 of 120 Old 10-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Eiger,
Pics coming later today. I promise.
We had misplaced our camera but I went on a mission to find it just for you.

As you will see from the soon-to-be-posted pics, it looks different than the promo pic above. Ours is a straight 1-2-1 config. It works great for us since you can dump multiple kids into the loveseat while the adults have the singles.

I was going to do the 1-1-1-1 but Roman suggested the 1-2-1 and we couldn't be happier with our setup. We have a 1-1-1 front row and the 1-2-1 on a riser for the second row.

Go Eagles!

post #98 of 120 Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 AM

Eiger,
Photo files are way too big.
PM me with your email address and I'll just email you. Okay?

post #99 of 120 Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

no problem Phaco.

PM sent your way.
post #100 of 120 Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Roman-
Any idea if you'll be offering a power buy for the holidays? I sure could use a couple of early Christmas presents...
post #101 of 120 Old 10-07-2010, 06:17 AM

Roman, any idea when the rest of us will get our blankets? It seems some people have gotten theirs.

Thanks.
post #102 of 120 Old 10-07-2010, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

Sean,

I was told the blankets were shipping out, so you should be getting them soon. If you do not get them by the end of the week, email me, and I will find out from the manufacturer what the story is.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #103 of 120 Old 10-07-2010, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I got mine last week! Thank you Roman!

CJ

Follow my build here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #104 of 120 Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 AM

Hi Roman,

This may be a question better posed via PM, but I was wondering if you have ever shipped to Canada with one of your power buys? Do the brokerage fees/shipping charges negate the savings from purchasing from a U.S. vendor?

Best Regards,

Troy
post #105 of 120 Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

Troy,

Please contact me off line...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #106 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

My 4 12003's arrived today. Gonna be a busy night!

Can't wait!
post #107 of 120 Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyron View Post

Roman-
Any idea if you'll be offering a power buy for the holidays? I sure could use a couple of early Christmas presents...

I'd also like to know. Getting ready to finish painting/texturing the movie room soon and will need some chairs!

Torn between row 1-3 curved,row 2-4 curved OR row 1-4 curved,row 2-5 straight.

Would it look bad having a 12000 front row with a 13000s back row? I only have 165" width back of room (17' deep by 14' wide room but it's really the end of a 17'x32' room with the theater sideways at the end). I'm hoping to go with a 110" 2.4 screen. Entry to the second row would just be from the one side.

I've tried to find local stores that carry berkline but the berkline dealer locater is useless. None of those stores carry them. Only place I can try out berkline is the occasional model that shows up at Costco and I've always remembered those being comfortable, I just don't know what models they were.

I want soft and I like those where the top back is already cradling my head before I've even reclined.
post #108 of 120 Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

Please contact me off line with these questions...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #109 of 120 Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 PM

I'm trying to decide between these two models and not sure which way to go. I see the 45041 is "made in the North America" but not sure what else is different....especially in the comfort department. I have a bad neck and need something that does not puch your head too far forward.

Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions that might help me decide?
post #110 of 120 Old 11-07-2010, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Everyone seems to agree that the power recline is the way to go. But it seems this would be something that would eventually break or give problems. Anyone experience any failures with the power recline? Also, everyone talks of the 13175, but has anyone tried the 13174? It appears to be the most comfortable and padded chair by the description.
post #111 of 120 Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

kdog750,

Let me ask you - when you buy a car, do you choose a manual widow opener or do you skip on the navigation system just because it is one of the electronic parts that can potentially break?

My point is that while everything can break (nothing is forever), certain things we get used to and do not want to be without.

To answer your question - while the power recline does break once in a while, the rate is very low - about 2% (statistics from Berkline). Most of the time when something breaks, it happens during the warranty period, and should you have a problem you would get a replacement component within reasonable time frame. If you are so unlucky, and a problem happens outside of warranty period you will be able to purchase a replacement part, and it will not be that expensive...

Regarding the comfort of the 13174s and 13175s:

Both are very comfortable recliners, but comfort is such a personal and subjective factor... The 13175 is very popular among those who wish to fit more chairs in the smaller rooms, and the narrow footprint of the 13175s allows for that. The 13174s will take more space, but they also have wider armrest that allows for larger elbow space. One more thing - the 13174s are chaise design recliners, and the 13175s are not. Functionally they both will provide a nice leg support, though.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #112 of 120 Old 11-08-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

kdog750,

My point is that while everything can break (nothing is forever), certain things we get used to and do not want to be without.

For sure rsh, and the intent of my post wasn't to question the quality of the Berkshire line. I guess I was just wondering if being electric offset potential problems in the future. I've used electric recliners and I always saw them as no benefit, but I understand this may not be the same thing really. I'd love to test them out but the all they have around here are the Kmart chairs and a Catnapper from Conn's.
post #113 of 120 Old 11-08-2010, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

kdog750,

It is Berkline, not Berkshire .

Here are some power recline option benefits:

1. You can stop the chair at any position you like by just pushing and releasing the button. While watching the movie for several hours you would want to do that at least once or twice (if not more often) to readjust your position and get more comfortable.
2. If you have small kids or elderly people seating in the manual recliners, they may not have enough strength to bring the chair into upright position by pushing with their legs on the footrest. This means that every time they need to go to the bathroom during the movie you would need to get up and close the chair for them.
3. If you seat in the motorized recliner for a week or so you would never want to go back to manual ones...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #114 of 120 Old 11-08-2010, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the reply rsh, I will consider it.
post #115 of 120 Old 11-09-2010, 11:34 PM

I like your information and also read that info. I like to tell you that if i buy a home theater seating and after buy it if i have any problem with comfort then you provide any facility to repair or exchange it ?
post #116 of 120 Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

jyorge25,

No one, no matter who you would buy the chairs from will repair or exchange the chairs just because you did not like comfort of the chairs unless you pay for shipping and restocking fees. You really need to try to find the chairs somewhere and try them before purchasing. On the other side if you have any problem with the chairs, the dealer who sold them to you would work with you and help resolve any issues you may have had, and I am talking about the manufacturing defects, or faulty components.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #117 of 120 Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 PM
KLA

Roman, I am looking at the 13175's and am concerned with the footprint. What exactly is Wallaway, meaning how close to the wall can i put these and leave room for them to recline?

Also, on the schematic, it shows 70.5" of wall space when reclined. Is this the total space taken up by the chair when reclined? The chairs look to be about 37.75" in depth when not reclined so when reclined you just are adding 32.75" for both the footrest and the amount of room the backs move toward the wall?

Also, for a back row of seats like IOVOOVI, the width at the back would be 122", would the width at the front due to the seats being curved still around 116"?

Thanks
post #118 of 120 Old 11-18-2010, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Roman, I am looking at the 13175's and am concerned with the footprint. What exactly is Wallaway, meaning how close to the wall can i put these and leave room for them to recline?

You can have the chairs as close as 4-6" to the wall. While reclining they would move forward.

Quote:

Also, on the schematic, it shows 70.5" of wall space when reclined. Is this the total space taken up by the chair when reclined? The chairs look to be about 37.75" in depth when not reclined so when reclined you just are adding 32.75" for both the footrest and the amount of room the backs move toward the wall?

70.5" is a total space occupied by a recliner in fully reclined position (including those 4"-6"). I would strongly suggest having at least 6' deep riser for straight configuration and even deeper for curved one.

Quote:

Also, for a back row of seats like IOVOOVI, the width at the back would be 122", would the width at the front due to the seats being curved still around 116"?

IOVOOVOI configuration will be 121.5" wide in the back and 116" in the front.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #119 of 120 Old 11-18-2010, 05:45 PM
KLA

Perfect Roman, thanks.

With a straight configuration placing the chairs about as close to possible as i can to the wall the front of the un reclined chair should be about 43" from the wall, is that correct?
post #120 of 120 Old 11-19-2010, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter
rsh
AVS Special Member

yes, something like that...

Roman
rtheaters.com