Replacement snack trays for Berkline Reno - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Over the last two months, the snack trays that came with my year old Berkline Reno seats have become loose-- it seems like the pins that hold each of the trays upright in the tray holes (as opposed to the cupholders) have become unglued or unattached inside the trays themselves, and now they're unable to support the weight of the empty trays. In fact, they slope so badly now that they're completely unusable. Is this common with the Renos? Has anyone attempted to fix their own trays? Are these replaceable? I'd prefer not to move to cupholder trays if at all possible.

For what it's worth, these are the exact trays: http://www.4seating.com/berkline-the...erkline-07.jpg

Any advice or experience with this?

PSN: KyFriedNate | XBL: KyFriedNate
My SACD Collection | My DVD-A Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Nathan,

If the chairs are under warranty you should contact a dealer you bought from and they should get you a replacement try(s). If not you can purchase one or as many as you need...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM

I've been less than impressed with the trays and rarely use them. Seems like they slope a little bit (even when brand new) and anything put on them has a chance to slide off.

I was thinking about making some new ones out of wood and putting a lip around the edge to keep items on the trays...
Old 12-30-2011, 06:46 AM

The trays are built very cheaply on the inside. I've taken one apart and the post is held onto a piece of wood by a very thin strip of metal. I plan on reinforcing the inside and will see how that goes.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan94 View Post

I've been less than impressed with the trays and rarely use them. Seems like they slope a little bit (even when brand new) and anything put on them has a chance to slide off.

I was thinking about making some new ones out of wood and putting a lip around the edge to keep items on the trays...

I noticed on my 12011s that the mounting bracket on the chairs is not plumb. The trays slope a bit toward the front of the chair. Not sure if this is on purpose, but the slope is identical on all my chairs.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I noticed on my 12011s that the mounting bracket on the chairs is not plumb. The trays slope a bit toward the front of the chair. Not sure if this is on purpose, but the slope is identical on all my chairs.

This can be adjusted. This is attached by a single nut on a treaded stud, and it can be tighten from the underside on the arm frame.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

This can be adjusted. This is attached by a single nut on a treaded stud, and it can be tighten from the underside on the arm frame.

Thanks, Roman. I'll look into it. I have seen this on Renos as well. I suspect that the slope is built in on purpose so that the tray table will clear the armrest when swing back.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 AM

I wanted to share my DIY snack tray project for Berkline HT seats with fellow HT enthusiasts.

You need:
1. 3 inch PVC pipe cut to your need I cut 3.5" length
http://www.instructables.com/image/F...a-Heat-Gun.jpg
2. PVC inside Fit Closet Flange without Test Cap, 3-Inch
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

3. Your favorite tray, I used Dexas Watermelon cutting board
http://images.bedbathandbeyond.com/a...418708949P.JPG

4. Cup Holder for HT1 poker Tables; only if you want to add cup holder; Drill the cutting board in the same location as the HT seat cup holder. Drop in the Poker Table cup holder, should fit perfectly.
http://www.trademarkcommerce.com/web...s/10-HTCUP.jpg

5. Appropriate set of nut, bolt, washer and screws; Choose correct size screws when connecting the PVC Flange to the cutting board, so you do not penetrate the visible side.

Now all you have to do is put them together, drill a hole to drop in the cup holder. My picture below does not have the cup holder yet; I'm waiting to receive them in the mail. I'll update pictures later. The 3" PVC fits perfectly in Berkline's cup holder and allows easy turning of the tray.

Enjoy.
LL
LL
LL
Old 04-03-2012, 08:12 PM

That is neat and simple. Thanks for the info and pictures. I think I'll use a tray with a raised edge to prevent "fallout". Once again - well done.

"There is a thing here I do not understand and it hurts my head to think about it"
Burns Red In The Sun - LITTLE BIG MAN
Old 04-07-2012, 04:03 PM

I have now installed the cup holders as well. Updated picture below. Also, the watermelon or similar cutting board hss a rubbery surface that plates and cups stick to. The green border also provides a bit of edge. Nothing has fallen off of these trays yet.
LL