Palliser 41937 Blade - Any Experience? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 25 Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone.

I have been looking and looking for the perfect theater seat (4 in one row... needs to be ~115" wide) to fit my modest 12' X 12' media room and have shortlisted a few, apart from the Berkline 12006 and 12010 with which Roman has been working with me, I came across some sharp looking ones from Palliser, these are the '41937 Blade'. Not many dealers..infact I just found one dealer who sells it.. neverthless I was wondering if anyone on these forums have tried / seen / own these.

hxxp://www.theaterseatstore.com/Palliser-blade?sc=9&category=149#product-reviews

I lookforward to some feedback, thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 12-09-2010, 07:47 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
With the recliner back height of 44" you'd better be 6'2" or taller...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 25 Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 AM

We have this model in our showroom and it fits all heights extremely well. We've had customers from 5"3 to 6"3 who have sat in this model and loved it. Everyone sits differently in the seats and everyone has a different definition of comfort...we find that taller heights are important for taller people but any height is great for those not as tall.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #4 of 25 Old 12-10-2010, 07:14 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
We have this model in our showroom and it fits all heights extremely well. We've had customers from 5"3 to 6"3 who have sat in this model and loved it. Everyone sits differently in the seats and everyone has a different definition of comfort...we find that taller heights are important for taller people but any height is great for those not as tall.

Most people tend to like higher back recliners because they feel more comfortable in them. The point I was trying to make, though, was the fact that these are not your typical living room recliners, but rather Home Theater recliners and are targeted for the Home Theater environment. In this case, and most people buy these chairs for this specific purpose, the high back recliners will block surround sound for those who are not tall enough.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #5 of 25 Old 12-10-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback Roman, I am about 5'11. How tall are the 12010s? they look sharp as well but my only concern is if the cushion is too firm and if they would look good in an loveseat configuration. I appreciate all your help. Could you comment on the general built quality of the Pallisers and the Berklines?
post #6 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

The 12010s are 41" high back recliners and work well for around 6' tall people. I found them very comfortable and sharp looking.

I do not carry Pallisers, so I cannot comment on the build quality.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #7 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 09:04 AM

The Blade's built quality is exceptional, with attention to detail. The chair is built in North America and is one of Palliser's best sellers. Unfortunately, the 12010 was not received very well by consumers and the model has been discontinued by Berkline.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #8 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 09:52 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unfortunately, the 12010 was not received very well by consumers and the model has been discontinued by Berkline.

This statement is not correct and accurate at all.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #9 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 PM

This is our position on the matter based on our sales history. Also, the fact that Berkline discontinued the model shortly after introducing it tells us that it did not do well for them either..

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #10 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

First of all, the 12010 has not been discontinued.

Second, I have customers who liked the 12010 better then 12003, and 13175 that they compared it to. So, saying that "the 12010 was not received very well by consumers" would not be really accurate, would it? When you say something like that you are really generalizing things without having a solid base for that...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #11 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 02:06 PM

I agree, there is customers that liked it. However, 80% of our customers ended up purchasing the alternatives... I do not know what your sales history is. This is ours.

I just double checked with Berkline, and they confirmed that it is indeed discontinued.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #12 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 02:26 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just double checked with Berkline, and they confirmed that it is indeed discontinued.

I guess we have different sources

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #13 of 25 Old 01-16-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Folks,

I ended up purchasing the Palliser Blades, 4 in a row for my media room from theaterseatstore.com. In the process of selecting the right furniture for the rather small media room, I dealt with Martin on these forums, Rob Slayden on the phone and Bill Lorden in person. In a nutshell, it was a very pleasant experience and I am totally satisfied with the product and the service received from these guys.

Just a little background. I had never purchased furniture 'online' before and was a little unsure of taking the plunge. It so happened that I had a business trip to Denver coming up and decided to check the store (located in Golden close to Denver) out in person during my visit. My wife and I met Bill Lorden when I visited the store, he was very courteous and pleasantly surprised that I had come all the way from Houston to denver and decided to check his Sales office / Warehouse out. We spent about an Hour checking out the various Berklines and Pallisers in different configurations (in line, center loveseat etc.) in the warehouse itself. Bill was very knowledgeable in the products they dealt with and had a very good sense of the market (prices with other dealers). Best of all the wife was impressed with the chairs as well. This was on Dec 23rd and we requested Bill if he could have them shipped to Houston by the new year eve in time for the party.. we were having family come over and it would be nice to have the media room set up. On a side note Bill was also kind enough to spend 30 ~ 40 minutes to help my wife and I plan out stay in Denver and suggest places to visit.

We got back to Houston on 26th Dec and got a call from the shippers (RL carriers) that they would be delivering the chairs on the Dec 28th. Bill had shipped them out the same day ! The shippers were very professional as well and called 1 hr before arrival and did not make me wait as I had to get home from work to accept the delivery. The chairs were well packed. I had the guy open one of the boxes to ensure they were the same chairs I had agreed on before signing the slip.

I have taken some pictures of the boxes when they arrived as well as the Palliser Blades I have set up in the media room. I shall follow up with the same after I figure out how to upload pics on avs.

Thanks to theaterseatstore for their excellent service. I will definitely recommend them to anyone looking to buy theater seating.

p.s - the back height of the Blades are just right and very comfortable.. I am about 6' tall and I am more than happy with the way I hear the rear surround speakers as well. My wife is 5'4" and she loves the seats as much as I do.
post #14 of 25 Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 90
You still liking your blades? I just ordered my set and was wondering if your opinion has changed......

Don't waste time reading signatures.....
post #15 of 25 Old 05-29-2011, 12:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanumaj View Post

Folks,

I ended up purchasing the Palliser Blades,[....]

I'm in a similar boat with NicksHitachi. I'm thinking of ordering the Blades within the next month, and would like to know of your opinion now that several months has passed. Thanks.
post #16 of 25 Old 05-29-2011, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Montemayor View Post

I'm in a similar boat with NicksHitachi. I'm thinking of ordering the Blades within the next month, and would like to know of your opinion now that several months has passed. Thanks.

I have the blades now for a few days. First shipment was damaged, theaterseatstore's customer service is a joke. They didn't even send out the replacements until the shipping company shipped the damaged goods all the way back to Co. and I'm in NC!!!!! My replacement chairs were apparently an assemblage of whatever parts they could scavenge the two of the transformers were already open and without boxes, and one of these was all scratched up like it was several years old and missing the mounting bracket. I consider myself
fortunate to finally get a set of working chairs given their performance.

Their problems are all the way into their management as the customer service manager repeatedly lied about what he would do and finally frankensteined a set to send to me as replacents.

This company gives the impression THEY are doing YOU a favor by giving you what you paid for.

The last time I was lip screwed this bad was when dealing with AV123, or maybe it's a Co. thing.......

post #17 of 25 Old 05-29-2011, 05:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

I've been down that road before (with that same CO company).

Guess I gotta restart my search for Palliser seating. Very thankful for your story, NicksHitachi.
post #18 of 25 Old 05-31-2011, 07:28 AM

I'm sorry to hear you have had these issues. We take our customer service very seriously and I will ensure any issues you have are taken care of immediately. Please contact myself or Peter Goldstein at our store or through PM and we will do whatever is necessary.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #19 of 25 Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Nick,
Do let us know how it turns out, as I am seriously considering the Blades as well.

Thanks.
post #20 of 25 Old 06-02-2011, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

There have been some developments with my seating situation, things are looking positive. Once the order issues have been resolved I'll post my thoughts on the seating itself, which is overall positive too!

post #21 of 25 Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 AM

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on these myself (3 seat section, curved).

My question is, how do these get shipped? I assume each chair gets shipped separately, but does each "seat" come with 2 arm rests?
post #22 of 25 Old 06-03-2011, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

They are shipped freight(tractor and trailer). For a row the outside chair starts with two arms all the others have one arm and "stack" onto each other. You might could order two chairs with two arms though just depends on your space.

post #23 of 25 Old 06-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

They are shipped freight(tractor and trailer). For a row the outside chair starts with two arms all the others have one arm and "stack" onto each other. You might could order two chairs with two arms though just depends on your space.

Thanks.
post #24 of 25 Old 06-03-2011, 07:38 AM

The type of shipping also depends on the business you transact with. In our case we only ship threshold and you can upgrade to a premium White Glove Service (for a small charge). Threshold delivery means the carrier will call you, setup an appointment window at your convenience and then bring the furniture either to your front door or inside your garage, whichever you prefer. Be aware of "curbside" delivery, this is typically delivery only to the curb and sometime the customer needs to take the actual product off the truck - but that depends on the delivery company used. With White Glove they will bring the product into your room of choice, unbox it and set it up for you (excluding any electrical hookups). The theater seats usually come in one box per recliner with the seat backs separate (but in the same box) - a feature so you can easily fit the furniture through doorways.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #25 of 25 Old 06-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterSeatStore View Post

The type of shipping also depends on the business you transact with. In our case we only ship threshold and you can upgrade to a premium White Glove Service (for a small charge). Threshold delivery means the carrier will call you, setup an appointment window at your convenience and then bring the furniture either to your front door or inside your garage, whichever you prefer. Be aware of "curbside" delivery, this is typically delivery only to the curb and sometime the customer needs to take the actual product off the truck - but that depends on the delivery company used. With White Glove they will bring the product into your room of choice, unbox it and set it up for you (excluding any electrical hookups). The theater seats usually come in one box per recliner with the seat backs separate (but in the same box) - a feature so you can easily fit the furniture through doorways.

Thats sounds good. I'd need to get it into the basement for assembly, so anything to make it easier getting it down the stairs. Probably dont need White Glove service, since I don't mind spending the time setting it up.
Closed Thread Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page