Custom Intros the easy way! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 65 Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for your feedback. Let me please comment on it accordingly.
  1. About the quoting of my previous messages:
    None of sources of information (including those from me personally) can be considered as the official information related to VipID work, its price policy and etc. The only official information about the VipID work can be found at www.vipidme.com.
  2. There is the FAQ at our site http://vipidme.com/faq/.
    Also there is the detailed information about the service and its prices at the page related to the purchasing process of CP Bundles. Besides, there is the 24/7 support service by support@vipid.me. Most of VipID customers know that we reply promptly and try to solve any customer issue as soon as possible. We really want to do the best service for our customers.
  3. Our price and access to the content policies are transparent and we don't want to mislead any of our users. We are keen on receiving your feedback to improve our service continuously and to make the service more user friendly.
  4. Free intros:
    Now these intros are available in 270p resolution to any VipID registered user. The access to higher resolutions is limited based on the existing process of creation of each vipid copy and also a develop new template for a vipid.
    The current limitations are:
    • a user who bought one from 5 avaiable CP Bundles get 30 days bonus access to intros in a high resolution. Quantity of intros which you can produce every 24 hours depends on the size of Bundle you buy;
    • In 30 days this access expires and you will have to buy one more Bundle to continue to create new free intros within the next 30 days period;
    • New Templates which will be added to the Free Intros section will be available for 10-14 days from the beginning only for the active purchasing customers;
    • The access to the high resolution intros from the section Free intros has nothing to do with the Creation Points you bought. You can spend Creation Points for any other sections of our site.
  5. We have made some changes in design of the Creation Points Purchase Page based on the above mentioned explanations. Hope, this will help to our customers to clarify our policy at vipidme.com.
  6. And finally, I'd like to show you the previews of the new templates that will be available this weekend. I hope you'll like them.

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">?UutES5TDf0M&fs=1&fs=1" />[ATTN POSTER: YouTube Insert Error: Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click ?UutES5TDf0M&fs=1" target="_blank">here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.]

and...

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">?FCsYUPsbf5s&fs=1&fs=1" />[ATTN POSTER: YouTube Insert Error: Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click ?FCsYUPsbf5s&fs=1" target="_blank">here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.]

And here's a picture illustrating how the original "Star Wars" text crawl was created.

Best regrards.
LL

VipID Team
www.vipidme.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 65 Old 01-24-2011, 05:58 PM

"New Templates which will be added to the Free Intros section will be available for 10-14 days from the beginning only for the active purchasing customers;"

So this means that if a new template comes out after my 30 days then I will be able to create a 1080p video without purchasing more points to restart my 30 days? As long as it's within 10-14 days? Is it 10 or 14 days? Why have a range and not make it a solid number?
post #33 of 65 Old 01-24-2011, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Those are awesome intros! But, the star wars text scrolls waaaay too fast. I was able to read about 2 lines, then skip about 2 lines to catch up again.
post #34 of 65 Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 AM

Liked: 15
VERY FRIGGIN' COOL!

Found this thread here and just signed up on the site. Although I bought an unlimited package with 10,000 points, it's holding me off from making more videos as it says that server load prevents more then one video per 30 minutes. I wish it had some kind of queue so I could just create a few shows and then go away and wait however long it takes rather than having to go back every 30 minutes to start another one.

This site is going to be a money machine for the owners--guaranteed.

[at least until 20th Century Fox, Pixar, and Lucasfilm go after them with both barrels]

"By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next." -- William Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part II
post #35 of 65 Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post

VERY FRIGGIN' COOL!

Found this thread here and just signed up on the site. Although I bought an unlimited package with 10,000 points, it's holding me off from making more videos as it says that server load prevents more then one video per 30 minutes. I wish it had some kind of queue so I could just create a few shows and then go away and wait however long it takes rather than having to go back every 30 minutes to start another one.

This site is going to be a money machine for the owners--guaranteed.

[at least until 20th Century Fox, Pixar, and Lucasfilm go after them with both barrels]

+1 on the queuing! I get the waiting 30 minutes per movie, but it would be nice to set up, 5 or so videos, click start, and then download them all 3 hours or so later!
post #36 of 65 Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzirkelb View Post

+1 on the queuing! I get the waiting 30 minutes per movie, but it would be nice to set up, 5 or so videos, click start, and then download them all 3 hours or so later!

Agreed about the queue process.
post #37 of 65 Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I've noticed that, since I started this topic, the number of creations for the Fox intro has moved from something in the 800's, to over 1,400.

I'm absolutely not affiliated with the site whatsoever. But I hope they continue to use their "success" to add new and better themes.

Mark
post #38 of 65 Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post

I've noticed that, since I started this topic, the number of creations for the Fox intro has moved from something in the 800's, to over 1,400.

I'm absolutely not affiliated with the site whatsoever. But I hope they continue to use their "success" to add new and better themes.

Mark

A lot of us watched this from the Blender thread. I (and others I have spoken to) were just waiting until more templates appeared before dropping some money on it. I'm sure hoping those 2 new ones drop this weekend.
post #39 of 65 Old 01-26-2011, 03:26 PM

@Mark Booth.....I've been to the demo-world.eu site and downloaded some of the THX trailers..some of the files I need to download 2-3-4-5 parts. How do I combine those parts. I'm new to this whole thing and would appreciate any tips you can provide. Looking to just create some cool demos for my modest home theater. Thanks.

Matt
post #40 of 65 Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moai View Post

@Mark Booth.....I've been to the demo-world.eu site and downloaded some of the THX trailers..some of the files I need to download 2-3-4-5 parts. How do I combine those parts. I'm new to this whole thing and would appreciate any tips you can provide. Looking to just create some cool demos for my modest home theater. Thanks.

Matt

They are multipart rar files. Just extract one of them and it will take what it needs from each file. Assuming you have windows you can use winrar to do this.
post #41 of 65 Old 01-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Thanks.....appreciate the prompt response....any way to put multiple m2st files together to make one large file....like with multiple THX demos all in one file so I don't have to go to each file to play on my PS3? I am using a Windows PC....
post #42 of 65 Old 01-26-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

post #43 of 65 Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM

Mark....would I be able to run this on my ps3 or basically off of a HTPC only?
post #44 of 65 Old 01-28-2011, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I noticed that the new Lions Gate theme is now available at vipid's site. I created one that said (in order of the appearance of each text field):

WELCOME TO THE
BOOTH BIJOU

IT'S SHOW TIME!

Not sure if like that arrangement or not. What I'd have preferred to do would be:

BOOTH BIJOU
PRESENTS

FEATURE PRESENTATION (or COMING ATTRACTIONS)

But each text line is limited to 15 characters. Maybe vidid will up the allowable text (in the last field) to 20 characters?

Mark
post #45 of 65 Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 AM

[QUOTESpoiler Warning: The first 30 seconds or so of 'The Social Network' is displayed at the end of the video. That's playing from my Blu-ray player, rather than the Mac mini. I switched to it using a macro on my RF remote.

[/quote]

Mark,

What RF remote are you using? I like how it was almost seamless switching from the pc to the bluray player. Can you explain just a little more how this is done?

thanks
post #46 of 65 Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 PM

I think I'm kind of a smart guy (or smart ass). But I cannot fathom the Vipidme pricing structure. The FAQ does not clarify the matter. Anyone out there who bought the intros able to translate?

HB

Bear's Lair Home Theater

Howie: "I think my screen may be TOO big."
Norm: "Screens are like breast implants..."
post #47 of 65 Old 02-01-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Vidiot View Post
I think I'm kind of a smart guy (or smart ass). But I cannot fathom the Vipidme pricing structure. The FAQ does not clarify the matter. Anyone out there who bought the intros able to translate?
I purchased the top package. I too found the information unclear. But for $34ish, I had nothing to lose.

Apparently I can burn an unlimited number of the "free" studio homage rips at 1080p. When I make those, my "balance" of points does not change. When I use any of the other designs, when I make a copy my point balance goes down.

It's my guess that vipidme is doing it this way so that the studios can't go after them (since they are providing the TM stuff at no charge).

Please note that you can only burn 1080p output if you've purchased points so really that's the only way to get good quality studio clips.

I hope that helps!

"By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next." -- William Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part II
post #48 of 65 Old 02-01-2011, 02:38 PM

You can only cook the 1080p "free" studios for 30 days after your purchase.
post #49 of 65 Old 02-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Well, this is disappointing. The pricing structure is completely misleading.

I purchased the 1000 credits with the intent to make one intro in 1080p. After creating the 20th Century Fox intro - it would only let me make a 720p intro.

The pricing plan says:

1000 Credits:
Up to 1920x1080

Well, 1080 was greyed out and could only select 720 as my highest.

Not happy about that. I feel I've been mislead.

Just double-checked, the option for 1920x1080 button says "0 left" before I even made one intro. I should be able to make 1 for the 1000 credits. Something isn't right about their advertising.

sacolton
post #50 of 65 Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM

Ok. Im understad you.

We turn off recently ALL "misleading" features:
1. No more Free section
2. No more 30 day access in any section
3. Each created a video will be worth their points.

PS
I thought I give you the opportunity during the month of experimenting with Famous templates - it's cool feature. I was wrong.

VipID Team
www.vipidme.com
post #51 of 65 Old 02-04-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronson View Post
PS
I thought I give you the opportunity during the month of experimenting with Famous templates - it's cool feature. I was wrong.
You weren't wrong! I really liked the capability!

post #52 of 65 Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM

Dronson,
Any word on when the star was crawl is coming out?
post #53 of 65 Old 02-04-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post
You weren't wrong! I really liked the capability!
I see Rob thankyou. Some our users with Unlim account create more than 60(!) 1080p videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaveunit
Any word on when the star was crawl is coming out?
Hope on next week. We have some troubles with this template.

Special to Colton:
There is the FAQ at our site http://vipidme.com/faq/.
Q: How can I make a high-resolution Free intro's of charge?
A: To access the high-resolution content from Free section, you should buy one of the CP Bundles:
- 1000CP, 3000CP or 10000CP to get access to 720p and
- 3000CP or 10000CP to get the opportunity to create 1080p vide
os
Also there is the detailed information about the service and its prices at the page related to the purchasing process of CP Bundles.

1080p videos avaiable for your account, please be attentive. See any section except "Free intros".

VipID Team
www.vipidme.com
post #54 of 65 Old 02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
The payment plan clearly says:

1000 Credits:
Up to 1920x1080

I bought the 1000 credits expecting to make a 1080p intro.

See the confusion?
post #55 of 65 Old 02-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post

The payment plan clearly says:

1000 Credits:
Up to 1920x1080

I bought the 1000 credits expecting to make a 1080p intro.

See the confusion?

For what write your message about "confusion" 1080p video, when in fact you ALREADY did Full HD video.

PPS
I dont want continue reply here for hard OFF TOPIC questions. If you have any more question welcome to support.

VipID Team
www.vipidme.com
post #56 of 65 Old 02-05-2011, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Dronson,

I did purchase your larger CP point plan, and I also appreciate the bonus of having received 5 or 6 of the free HiRez intros. No complaints here. Thank You to you and your team !!

I would just like to add that I hope you know that many of us a

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #57 of 65 Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 AM

VipID need yours help!

Killerstartups.com public info profile about VipID project.
Please vote for vipid here, just press Vote buton.

Thats may really help to us.
Thankyou!

VipID Team
www.vipidme.com
post #58 of 65 Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I voted - Thanks Again Dronson!!

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #59 of 65 Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 PM

Just voted!

Got the unlimited plan and love how fast and easy it is to make my own intros.

Thanks.
post #60 of 65 Old 10-29-2012, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

For those that don't know, vipidme.com is gone. Apparently, there was a split between the partners of the site. However, Custom Intros the easy way continues at ivipid.com. All of my previous account details carried over to the new site, including my previously created intros.

I've created several more Booth Bijou intros over the last 18 months. My main repertoire of custom intros can be viewed here:

Booth Bijou Custom Intros

Nine of the twelve were created on vipid. Although, for the Universal-themed ones and the Columbia-themed one I opted to add the lower line of text via Final Cut Pro on my Mac instead of using the text offered by the vipid site.

Two of the twelve (Dreamworks and Disney) were done by Ballyweg (Ballyweg.net).

The twelfth intro is the aforementioned professional voiceover.

Our Booth Bijou Garage Theater guests really enjoy the custom intros. It's great fun to personalize and create a complete home theater experience instead of "just" watching the movie! smile.gif

BTW, again, no affiliation with vipid/ivipid or Ballyweg. Just a satisfied customer.

Mark
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page