Originally Posted by tildawn10
Mark very cool thanks for sharing. Do you mind sharing where you found those old school videos in the beginning, the voice dubbing welcome, and the THX trailer? Thanks again!
The 60's & 70's era theater trailers were ripped from the DVD, Drive-In Discs Volume 1
, which I own. Amazon is out of stock on Volume 1 but they still have Volume 2
and Volume 3
in stock. I do not know if 2 & 3 contain the same trailers, different trailers, or just additional trailers. In all, I ripped a total of 16 shorts from Volume 1:
1) Betty Boop Cartoon
2) Chilly Dilly Pickle Ad
3) Hey Kids, Be Quiet (used this one in the video linked in my last message)
4) Hey Mom, Eat Here
5) Hot Dog Ad
6) It's Intermission Time Countdown (This starts at 10 minutes. I used the last 5 minutes of it for my video.)
7) National Anthem
8) 'On With The Show' Sign (text with music)
9) PIC Mosquito Repellent Ad
10) Popeye Cartoon
11) 'Previews Of Coming Attractions' Sign (text with music)
12) 'Selected Short Subjects' Sign (text with music)
13) Tex Rides Again Intermission Time
14) The Giant Gila Monster Trailer (movie featured on Drive-In disc vol 2)
15) The Wasp Woman Trailer (movie featured on Drive-In disc vol 2)
16) Let's All Go To The Lobby (used at the beginning of my video)
There is one additional text/music sign/short on the Volume 1 disc titled, "Young Lovers". It's a warning to couples, admonishing them about public displays of affection. For whatever reason, I am unable to rip that one from the DVD. When I try, I only get about half of it.
The custom voiceover was done when a group of us (led by mheadroom) pooled our money to hire a professional voice guy right here on AVS back in 2007:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=711484
As it turned out, there were three different volumes of the voiceover recording. I got in on the first two. I have dozens of words and phrases, all done by the same voice guy. I use Amadeus II (Mac audio program) to stitch the words together to create sentences and phrases. My "Booth Bijou" stuff and "Mark" and "Cathy" were recorded on the first volume of the voiceover. For the second volume, we submitted this custom phrase:Mark and Cathy are....
We've used that one on friends from time to time!
The THX and DTS-HD MA trailers were downloaded from this site:http://www.demo-world.eu/
The ones I used are the 1080p versions. I've tried using various DVD resolution versions (720x480) but they never look crisp enough on my big screens.